Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape Claim: The Rim (North) LCRN05 (Completed)
02-23-2011, 10:29 PM,
Landscape Claim: The Rim (North) LCRN05 (Completed)
[Image: ElsweyrClaims-TheRimNorthicons.jpg]

Claim Type: Landscape
Region: The Rim (North)
Claim: LCRN05

Landmarks:
None

Last Change: 0-01-04

General information - See Claim Info: The Rim (North)

Specific information -
Mostly Rim Gullies - there are some nice little hollows suitable for bandit camps or other general interest.
The main roads East from Orcrest meet here. It's likely the roads will need bridges to cross the gullies - use ECCulvertBridge. Near Orcrest the road can use patches of ECCobblestoneDry texture as well as ECDirtRoadDry with dashes of ECDirtRoad.

The bridge will be in update 0-01-04: Shout if this hasn't been uploaded and you want this claim.
Morcroft Darkes
03-07-2011, 06:02 AM,

I'll take this one please.
I will start with some more important claims then slowly move north-east blending into West Weald.
03-07-2011, 08:09 AM,

It's all yours.

Have you downloaded the new update: 0-01-04? I've modded the road right through here but haven't touched any of the surrounding landscape. You'll definitely need the esm update and the laters BSA updates to mod LCRN05.
Morcroft Darkes
03-09-2011, 10:24 AM,

Almost done.

I put some tall ruins at the junction that litreally lean over onto the path.
It's a good landmark and easily identifiable.

I think it's okay lore wise as Orcrest, I believe, was originally a Khajit city before it was taken by the Orcs.
03-09-2011, 05:41 PM,

The ruins sound fine - the more old unidentified ruins we have the better, really.

I don't see any downloads for release 0-01-04. Is filefront not reporting stats correctly? Or are you modding on 0-01-03?

I made heightmap changes all along the path and added a bridge right at that junction in (1, -5) - so there may be a clash.

You really can't mod this claim without the update! If you have done a bunch of work I can try and merge it but there may be problems.
Morcroft Darkes
03-09-2011, 06:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
I think it's okay lore wise as Orcrest, I believe, was originally a khajiit city before it was taken by the Orcs.

Umm... I think you may be thinking of Orsinium (which is in High Rock). I believe that Orcrest is still a Khajiit city today.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-09-2011, 07:49 PM,

@Morcroft, I've downloaded it. Must be filefront not reporting properly.

@Deeza, I think you might be right. For some reason I thought it was an Orc city. I think it still makes sense lore wise to have some Khajit ruins just nearby though.
03-09-2011, 07:55 PM,

Definitely makes sense. If you look at Kyoushu's map of the old Khajiit cities, there was an older city close to the site of modern Orcrest.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
definitely makes sense. If you look at Kyoushu's map of the old Khajiit cities, there was an older city close to the site of modern Orcrest.

It's a map of old Khajiiti temples -not neccesarily the old cities.

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan I think it's okay lore wise as Orcrest, I believe, was originally a khajiit city before it was taken by the Orcs.

The bit about the Orc's taking it over sounds like it came from DoA(Elsweyr Anequina) -which we're hoping to avoid any relation to if we can. Our explanation of the name is much simplier -that 'Orcrest' is just the Imperial pronounciation of the Khajiiti name.

But yes, it's still okay for ruins to be around the place; however it's important to know which meshes you've used for there ruins. Could you post some screenshots?
03-09-2011, 09:31 PM,

I can't post any screens right now as I am just about to start Maths Class, but I used Morcrofts, Ancient Moon temple and his ruined Annex structures.