Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio Argonis plans
04-21-2006, 10:40 PM,

in the last samurai Tom Cruise becomes a samurai and when they are all dead, goes back to the mountain village to screw around with japanese women... that little son of a.... :bitch: well hey maybe I wouldn't be able to resist either Blush

well you must know, the Ordinators are too hard headed... but they will continue to defend the Temple (which isn't being directly threatened) so they aren't gonna get hurt... yet. The Buoyant Armigers (those dudes in glass and chitin) are Vivec's...
I think Helseth has some sneak plans... I wonder if his goblin army had gotten fully trained what he'd have done with them....

I doubt the Temple dudes would be going secular... that's not their way... and they most likely wouldn't join Helseth....

the thing is, in the civil war, Helseth already has a head start... he basically owns Mournhold.... sure the rest of the city outside of the inner circle (Almalexia is the city's name like VIvec and SOtha Sil) is guarded by Ordinators but he basically controls all politics.... so he already has a foothold within Indoril territory... ouch
04-22-2006, 07:14 PM,

The Ordinators in Vivec, right? Where Vivec 'vesself used to live?

The Ordinators in Mournhold and the Crimson Guard seemed about to fight each other at any time...

The Buoyant Armigers were Vivec's style ok, but they seemed to be Redorans - and Vivec's plans (as he stated to ME, personally!) were to downplay the religion bit somewhat, and restructure to re-educate his followers and help them achieve a new understanding of the changed realities. So with the Ghost Fence redundant and Vivec disappeared, they are at a loss methinks.

Well I feel I have to argue this through, if only so that you can come up with a stronger basis for what you want to create. Devil's Advocate, me Big Grin

----------------------- so:

Helseth and Mournhold
I only think you can dodge certain issues up to a point. As these are dark elves who live up to 1,000yrs? They won't just go away, and I do not think that Helseth could afford to just ignore a spear at his throat once war breaks out. He knows he has to 'clean out' Mournhold one way or another (he had already put deniable plans in motion once) and so he would have to face those issues again before he could proceed militarily. Either win them over or liquidate them. And that would likely be his first move (open or covert) in the actual campaign, sine non qua.

Consider that one serious factor in weakening the Redorans might be the destruction of Her Ordinators who are clearly classic Redoran Warriors. Sounds like a powerful scenario, and might explain why Helseth does not Triumph all at once.

gods and houses
You see I always thought of Vivec as the Hlaalu Patron, Almalexia the Redoran, and Sotha-Sil for his wayward children, the Telvanni. This was obviously too simple as there are 5 houses, but I would expect that various groupings would have decided sympathies. And outside Mournhold those sympaties would likely remain unless something extraordinary happened.

So Helseth:
Consider that Helseth was pushing forward his plans using the gobboes to attack Her Elite Ordinators even with Almalexia alive and active in the same city, and Vivec in Vivec. He aint goin' ter back off. Come to think of it, why do you think Vivec has disappeared??? What has happened there? :evil: ?

Vivec
What would the Ordinators in Vivec City do? Maybe you are correct, that they would insist on remaining in control there - I suspect it is highly defensible - but even so the potential for serious trouble with the different factions having solid bases is huge. That could be a 'safe zone' or each 'canton' could wall itself off from its neighbour, with the poor districts backing up the Temple or rioting...

Helseth again
I wonder just how dark his conections are? Maybe he is closely linked to the rise in Necromancy in Cyrodiil, and more...

Some very nasrty fings had been stirred up underneath that there Mournhold, and I am betting that also was summat ter do wiv that there Hell seth?
I recons he will try for another distraction, so does he have a hand in bringing the Nords South? .... hmmm

heh, well you asked for ideas...try this lot, if only to refute them and in doing so come up with something even more fiendish. But if you are on the true ES path then lots of things could contradict each other, and they might all be true ... raggidman toddles off to sow mayhem elsewhere for the mome... :]
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
04-22-2006, 08:19 PM,

I thought this was to be about Legio Argonis... :confused:

[/hr]

I don't think the Temple is going to get too much into this.. they are trying to provide refuge and protection in the face of civil war... in a way, even without their gods they are doin gok... they provide sanctuary for refugees, Ordinators provide protection, they provide worship and tradition...
also, the forces creating this civil war, Hlaalu-Dres led by Helseth, is starting to convert into Nine Divines and certainly an Imperial founded administration has Nine Divines beliefs.... and with people of all Houses getting hurt from the civil war, people don't wanna pray to the enemies' gods or th religion that hurt them, maybe it is alright to believe in a religion guarded by golden-ass-holes who at least do their jobs well...
in a way, as long as the Temple survives, Indoril can rebuild, seeing as how the Temple lends money to those who need it and Indoril was the biggest contributor but now has many refugees... they can have some aid....
also, Morrowind's greatest military force, the Ordinators... seldom in recent hundreds of years involved in any real war besides against the 6th House.... but they are mostly Indoril.... imagine if they all decided to get secular and fighting for Redoran or Indoril instead of solely religious protection (which is their duty).... they would kickass and serve as a rally for Redoran and Indoril... truly

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
gods and houses
You see I always thought of Vivec as the Hlaalu Patron, Almalexia the Redoran, and Sotha-Sil for his wayward children, the Telvanni. This was obviously too simple as there are 5 houses, but I would expect that various groupings would have decided sympathies. And outside Mournhold those sympaties would likely remain unless something extraordinary happened.
I always thought Vivec was into Redoran, Almalexia into Indoril, and Sotha Sil into Dres... I mean considering the Hlaalu and Telvanni aren't as religious... you can obviously see they weren't AS favored nor AS taken in by the Tribunal, of course the Hlaalu common-folk probably followed the Tribunal more.... but whatever
Vivec - Redoran explains why his special followers are mostly Redoran, they make up the Buoyant Armigers
Almalexia-Indoril makes sense, Indoril maostly make up Ordinators and High Ordinators, Her Hands are special High Ordinators and are her personal guard...
Sotha Sil-Dres is my own guess Blush
04-24-2006, 12:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
meanwhile I think it would be good to discuss this Legion's position...

most of the Imperial Legions are gone. I think Helseth is creating his own Dunmer/outlander Legions called the Morrowind Legions... thts my own creation Wink

however the remnants of the Legions remain... so they must take a side or stay neutral in the civil war...

I say Legio Argonis will stay neutral... it is trying not to get involved with the guerilla activities of other Argonians, and the siezure of souther Morrowind land which the House Dres took in the Arnesian war.... they are trying to be good

what do you guys think?

I draw your attention to your above post - you apparently wanted to add context.

Do you want to split this so that we pair off the Vvardenfell stuff?

I know you are correct about the Vivec-Redoran link, but Vivec is the rogue and therefore 'so unrredoran' and the weapons and armor of the Buoyant Armigers are not the med armour and spears that are the Redoran Great House requirements.

Almalexia's Hands are armed with Heavy armor and Spears = more Redoran

Hlaalu are rogues = more Vivec

And the ordinators are nowhere .... It gets to me. Maybe it is just that Vivec took over Nerevar's wife and ves and Nerevar's wife took over Nerevar's army... (after 'someone' assassinated him) - in other words it was a mess without 'ME'. Smile

If you say that the Vivec city ordinators remain neutral, then I expect that might be what Helseth would try to achieve until he is ready to take them over or take them out - and they are crazy enuf to try to remain neutral to the bitter end, while calmly chopping down anyone who offfends their rule of law in their city.

But I strongly suggest that you reconsider the question the matter of Her Hands. As Almalexia IS their City, and She Was their Rock. No way is Helseth going to let them remain in His Headquarters... they woulds not appove of his usual associates = impediments to be subverted or removed - why not factor in Barenziah - she is renowned for her persuasiveness. Could she seduce the Hands? Transfer their bond to her? As former Empress of the Empire? Also I seem to remember that some of her senior prelates were a bit dodgy, so...?

Your take on the Legion still hold up for me...for the reasons I briefly gave.

Hope all this is useful, if only that in refuting it you will develope more detail on your path... :goodjob:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

05-25-2006, 11:56 PM,

I wonder if Quentin approves of this... I mean it is in his area of administration right?
by the way, where HAS that old skull gone? haven't seen him in awhile... a long while...
05-26-2006, 09:25 AM,

Somehow I suspect that He is sitting back 'lhao' watching others tie themselves in knots, while He quietly pursues His own plans.

I know that my strategy in Lit Dev is to mainly allow lots of stuff to develope of its own accord, while I identify potential and direction...what I don't wnat to do is force stuff in a direction that leads nowhere, or cramp original style, so I welcome almost everthing.

Still I am glad you revived this thread as it nicly complements the Vvardenfell musings, and we can now see how much Vv has developed!
Steven Erikson.

05-28-2006, 10:23 PM,

I can't speak for Quentin, but the impression I get is that in order to get started on your plans for Legio Argonis you'd need access to the landmass where the settlements would be, correct? And I'm not sure when Rodan will be finished with it, but before he is, I'm not sure if you could get started on modding it. ?(
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-30-2006, 09:21 AM,

That poses two interesting questions. Although I always like the idea of open landmass etc, are any of the Argonis 'settlements' likely to be large enough to require their own separate world-space?

...and is it possible to mod interiors and then mod the exteriors to fit around them? In which case people could send in fully modded interior 'proposals' for all sorts of things (including quests.) Which might encourage new interest by the 'outside world', and increase visual diversity if that is desireable?
Steven Erikson.

06-07-2006, 12:37 AM,

interesting question....
cause as Legio Argonis itself is relatively small compared to some other places, I'd like to use it was my baby-project to get acquainted with TES4 CS and so be able to mod for the big kahuna... V V A R D E N F E L L
( you know I'd work real hard on Legio Argonis anyhow, it's like I adopted this baby from you Razorwing! :lol: )

of course I wouldn't mind modding in the Bitter Coast area in the southern Silgrad land... it would be my pleasure... but still, I think it would be BEST if other modders were allowed to do it, only cause it diversifies and personalizes athe land a lot more for a lot more people... just my thoughts... :]
06-07-2006, 12:53 AM,

Absolutely, go right ahead KuKulzA! I'm glad to hear you'll soon get your hands on Oblivion, and I can't wait to see the first screenies of the new Legio Argonis come out. :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]