Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio Argonis plans
06-07-2006, 01:17 AM,

that's encouraging....
so do I have to fit the way TES3's was like? or can I get real creative?
I mean I wanted to put in their alphabet, a slightly unique touches, and a unique looking fort...

either way I don't mind, but me getting creative with it would be great! Wink
or maybe have the TES3's but show th eprogression of time and add-ons?

but just a question.... do we have the model of the big Argonian statue still?
and we're gonna still need Kwama huh... and their eggs, but the eggs shouldn't be tough...
Kwama, Argonian statue, retextured huts, and perhaps retexured stone walls with vines on it, and kwama egg sacks
06-07-2006, 01:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
that's encouraging....
so do I have to fit the way TES3's was like? or can I get real creative?
I mean I wanted to put in their alphabet, a slightly unique touches, and a unique looking fort...

either way I don't mind, but me getting creative with it would be great! Wink
or maybe have the TES3's but show th eprogression of time and add-ons?

but just a question.... do we have the model of the big Argonian statue still?
and we're gonna still need Kwama huh... and their eggs, but the eggs shouldn't be tough...
Kwama, Argonian statue, retextured huts, and perhaps retexured stone walls with vines on it, and kwama egg sacks

Oh, I have complete faith in your deep knowledge of Argonians and their culture and that you mod it to perfection. I don't, and never did, so it would feel silly of me to try and push through things which would most likely be out of character anyway. Nah, just the basic idea of an Argonian tribe who was enlisted into the Legion's service should stick in my humble opinion, other than that please go ahead and make any changes you think would be better.

I'll go searching for that statue and if it turns out like I hope, I'll post up and Oblivion NIF of it Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-07-2006, 01:23 AM,

great! glad to hear it!
so now after homework to blueprinting... and after I get a new OPC and Oblivion, modding! :dance:
06-07-2006, 01:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
great! glad to hear it!
so now after homework to blueprinting... and after I get a new OPC and Oblivion, modding! :dance:

Perfect :yes:

I'm not sure about the statue though. First, all the meshes came in all jumbled up and had lost their position and orientation in the imagined universe (which strangely enough has happened before with custom TES3 nifs but not with Bethesda's). But more than that, as I imported it, it became obvious that the modeller, whomever it was, had ripped body parts from TES3 and assembled them in Max and reexported it as a statue. That was fine back then but wouldn't be allowed by Bethesda for an Oblivion mod. So, I don't know about it... but perhaps instead of using it, you could keep a space open on the roof for another Argonian statue to be modelled later on? If you think that's an okay idea, perhaps you can eventually start a thread in Visual Dev and describe what kind of Argonian statue you'd like, and then maybe we'll find someone who could custom-model it?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-07-2006, 01:46 AM,

alright.... maybe I draw an argonian... and maybe a modeler can get the argonian and freeze it in modeling and then edit it and make it grey and into a statue... I plan for a female Argonian in armor, arms raised, hands cupped together, and a fire blazing there.... a beacon...
06-07-2006, 09:38 AM,

It's encouraging to note you are going to add to and enrich the designs on the detail KKA, and likewise I hope you will retain most (or even all) of the actual Fort Structure as it was in TES3 as I do not think that the Argonian Legion would want to expend the resources to totally rebuild their HQ, esp with the gradual withdrawal of the Legions.

However, in the wake of that withdrawal, the Legio Argonis (due to their history) being tied to the land in a way that other Legions are not, you might expect that they would concentrate resources improving their homes and settlements.... = the new stuff :]

ps: I hope there are interior improvements to the fort also reflecting the passing of time and the successful growth of the Argonian colony...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-11-2006, 04:15 PM,

hmm... well I'd like to start anew on it... but raggidman brings up a good point...

final decision is mine (I think) but I want to hear everyone's voice/say in this to see t\what the demand is... and then I shall either please or displease your demands and go with whatever I think is best (I think) it is the best course
06-11-2006, 04:55 PM,

In movie terms our TES4 mod isn't as much a sequel as it is a remake, keeping the ideas and concepts but remaking them on the Oblivion engine rather than mimicking the old mod exactly. I don't think it would be much fun to always be chained to what other dudes put together on a totally different engine.
Angel mired in filth
06-12-2006, 02:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
In movie terms our TES4 mod isn't as much a sequel as it is a remake, keeping the ideas and concepts but remaking them on the Oblivion engine rather than mimicking the old mod exactly. I don't think it would be much fun to always be chained to what other dudes put together on a totally different engine.
I agree!
raggidman hear that?! I feel CHAINED to what other dudes did... on a TOTALLY different engine.... we don't want to always MIMICK... plus the new TES4 Silgrad is more of a truer remake than a copy... cause I mean Silgrad Tower is now Velothi.... so raggidman, do you WANT me to be CHAINED?! I don't believe it... tsk tsk :lmao:
no, but I think you'll appreciate what I make when I do... and after two unit tests and final exams, I am gonna go all out... starting with Legio Argonis... maybe I make concept art tonight if I'm not too tired

anyhow I like when multiples sides are considered, so appreciate it guys... maybe others will have some input
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM,

:alert: If you really feel that way then I suppose I and most of the ST modders should resign, because most everyone has been looking for ways to bring Morrowind alive in a believable way.

Who is going to believe that the poor, virtually subsistance level resource colony has the finance to totally rebuild their holdings?

The only reason they survive is because they agreed to be the local Imperial police. The Imperials obviously built the fort and since then they have had no reason to expend further monies.

If you want to build a previously unmodded town, then go to it. Do it your way, but go messing about with stuff for no reason, and ...

It's true that Razorwing made a courageous decision to use the Ob models for ReichParkeep and I did not criticise becaue I felt that what he did made a huge contribution to get the ball rolling at a critical time, but that was then. Momentum is picking up and the first big town is substantially there for all to admire.

The litmus test for ST this time around is whether it can be kept true to the original vision, will the models have the real feel or is this just to be a sugar-coated Disney-Hollywood imitation? You know what I mean, Herculese the judo expert???

Sure it is fine to increase town size because the original Morrowind edition was limited by its engine and comp processing etc. No one really wanted town to only have fifty inhabitants, and cities a hundred NPCs, now it is possible to do more. Bet it all has to be in proportion or you chain yourself to slavish obeisence to chaos...

If you can keep your sense of fitness when others lose theirs, and add something new to the mix in a way that does not mess up or insult the good works of others then you will achieve a damn sight more than by going your own way alone and ignoring or destroying all that others have achieved without really understanding it.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman