Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maeglin asks Frequent Questions
06-08-2007, 04:35 AM,
Maeglin asks Frequent Questions
Since my first post wound up being a bug report, and was appropriately diverted, I'm starting this one for all those other questions that bounce around in my head as I explore Silgrad.

1. How much new armor and clothing is there? The pirates on the way over had a bunch of new gear, but I haven't seen much of anything out of the ordinary in my travels, apart from a broken fur cloak and the assassin's hood. Weapons, too... Only departures from normalcy I've seen since my arrival have been the heavy and enhanced models.

2. Where's all the wildlife? I've run into a handful of alits and nix hounds, and two swamp racers, plus a few faeries, shalks, and a wasp or two. Now, I may be spoiled, after having downloaded a creature expansion, but I've run across a good bit of wilderness and seen a lot of archers and hunters with not much to hunt besides guar. Oh, and durzog in the mountains, but only two of them. Wildlife seems to be very rare, unless it's a fish, in which case bring on the slaughter.

3. On a related note, I can't find a mammoth shalk anywhere.

4. How many smuggler's dens are there, compared to Vardenfell? Apart from the slavers in Ebedeen, I've only found one.

Others are sure to come up as I explore further.

EDIT: On the topic of number 1... I mean armor and clothing I can actually get. I haven't found a way yet to procure the armors of the various Imperial Shrine Knights.

EDIT 2: Again, regarding number 1... The shields are awesome. Really.
06-08-2007, 05:01 AM,
RE: Maeglin asks Frequent Questions
Quote:Originally posted by Maeglin Dubh
Since my first post wound up being a bug report, and was appropriately diverted, I'm starting this one for all those other questions that bounce around in my head as I explore Silgrad.

1. How much new armor and clothing is there? The pirates on the way over had a bunch of new gear, but I haven't seen much of anything out of the ordinary in my travels, apart from a broken fur cloak and the assassin's hood. Weapons, too... Only departures from normalcy I've seen since my arrival have been the heavy and enhanced models.

Thiers actually many new (in 2003 when it was released) armors in silgrad, durzog, dibilla, kynareth, gold plate and a number of varieties of glass, chitin, and bonemold...but many of these items were added long ago, we have not made any new armors or weapons for silgrad.

2. Where's all the wildlife? I've run into a handful of alits and nix hounds, and two swamp racers, plus a few faeries, shalks, and a wasp or two. Now, I may be spoiled, after having downloaded a creature expansion, but I've run across a good bit of wilderness and seen a lot of archers and hunters with not much to hunt besides guar. Oh, and durzog in the mountains, but only two of them. Wildlife seems to be very rare, unless it's a fish, in which case bring on the slaughter.

I felt the same when I first started playing silgrad, but then I discovered most of the wildlife seen in Vvardenfell is indigenous to Vvardenfell, thats why you won't see much of them. But yes I agree its a bit barren of creatures, we have added some others and PirateLord has given us use of his creatures mod

3. On a related note, I can't find a mammoth shalk anywhere.

As above

4. How many smuggler's dens are there, compared to Vardenfell? Apart from the slavers in Ebedeen, I've only found one.

Good question I think 4 are actually designated as smugglers hideouts, theirs a total of 61 npc's that are smugglers so their quite a bit of smuggling going on, alot of them have to do with the Legio Argonis Questing which is not included in the 1-4_3 version and has not been incorporated into the newer version either, but will be, someday, I hope Smile

Others are sure to come up as I explore further.

at your leisure bring them

EDIT: On the topic of number 1... I mean armor and clothing I can actually get. I haven't found a way yet to procure the armors of the various Imperial Shrine Knights.

You can't, the knights quests will be coming soon and you will be able to get all of them at some point, this includes the Knights armory by Jeremy

Edit:

You can get a shield from the dead Knight in Riech Parkeep when you do the talos quest

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-08-2007, 05:07 AM,

So the issue becomes determining what would be native to the Silgrad area?
06-08-2007, 05:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Maeglin Dubh
So the issue becomes determining what would be native to the Silgrad area?

Yeah kinda, more like what is native to Morrowind Mainland, which is probaly a mix of some from Vvardenfell (nixhounds etc) and wildlife from Skyrim and Cyrodiil, we do have lots of bears and wolves which are mostly in the north western section

06-08-2007, 06:33 AM,

North and west, as in beyond the freaky undead mine?
06-08-2007, 08:11 AM,

About the wildlife: we could add some new ones found on planetelderscrolls, but bob is the one that decides. I too think it is a little empty, so i could do a little search over the web. Everything i found i'll add to the resources that could be used thread in the warehouse.
Bob you decide.

EDIT: Is it possible to make a new version, because the warehouse is full of files and it is hard to find them?
06-08-2007, 08:22 AM,

While I'm asking questions...

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to work with the Construction Set? I've made a couple of attempts, but never get far. I can't even build a one-handed staff, or a throwing spear, since I can't find the art files or icons I need.
06-08-2007, 09:15 AM,

There are many around, but for start you could read Beths original manual found in CS, up in the Help>contents>getting started.
When i started i found lots of usefull info there.
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
About the wildlife: we could add some new ones found on planetelderscrolls, but bob is the one that decides. I too think it is a little empty, so I could do a little search over the web. Everything I found i'll add to the resources that could be used thread in the warehouse.
Bob you decide.

EDIT: Is it possible to make a new version, because the warehouse is full of files and it is hard to find them?

A new version of what?

Wildlife

We allready have Caits Farm Animals and Abots Waterlife

We need Horses, Wild Boar, and whatever other wildlife may have been seen in OB, (I've never played so I don't know)

Bob

06-08-2007, 03:20 PM,

According to the help file, there is no way to create a one-handed spear, since the only option available in the hand positions menu is two-handed spear. Is that acccurate, or can new hand positions be devised?