Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maeglin asks Frequent Questions
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM,

Durzog Armour can be obtained during the Durzog quest, its one of those quests that you stumble on but it is very good

Their is a vendor I think in Steadhelm who will teach you how to make Shalk armour, I never really tried it out

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-08-2007, 09:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Maeglin Dubh
Nice.

As for the Onaye weapon shop, I noticed there are several items on display which the vendor doesn't seem to have in his inventory when I barter with him. Is that intentional?

I found the vendor fairly early on. He teaches you how to remove the carapace, which you can bring to him and have made into armor, a la stahlrim or ebony. But like I said, haven't seen a single mammoth shalk. Is there a level cap on their being generated somewhere?
06-09-2007, 12:17 AM,

[quote]Originally posted by Maeglin Dubh
Nice.

As for the Onaye weapon shop, I noticed there are several items on display which the vendor doesn't seem to have in his inventory when I barter with him. Is that intentional?

Done before my time .. I do not know what the rationale behind it was but their are not any usable versions of some of those weapons in game they are all display only... we will add them limitedly of course

Thanks for pointing that out, though I have been to all these places I did not have an interest in any of those weapons so I didn't try to buy them
and your the first to mention it, at least that I know of

Enjoy
Bob

06-09-2007, 12:29 AM,

Sorry I'm asking all these questions, but at least it helps to uncover some of these hidden things...

I've left unstated any spelling errors I find, as I figure those are probably going to be left for the polish stage, once more has been built.

Question: Is there not a lot to do yet on the mainland, or is my avoidance of NPC's who all seem to say the same thing the reason I haven't found many quests?
06-09-2007, 12:49 AM,

Sorry I'm asking all these questions, but at least it helps to uncover some of these hidden things...

I've left unstated any spelling errors I find, as I figure those are probably going to be left for the polish stage, once more has been built.

Question: Is there not a lot to do yet on the mainland, or is my avoidance of NPC's who all seem to say the same thing the reason I haven't found many quests?

ask all you want

spelling errors are everywhere, when you find them please post them so we can fix em I will even start a post in the Dungeon specifically for this.

Thier are not many quests, this has been pointed out numerous times Smile
but thats fine, we cleaned up alot of them, which you will not have the clean versions since you have the older release, but we have many in
work hopefully if we continue to grow in personnel we can get someone who is really really good at dialogue and scripting (which I am not) and
we can get some of these quests in game !!

Enjoy
Bob

06-09-2007, 12:57 AM,

Dialogue I can do fine. Writing books I can do fine. Scripting.... Eh. I don't know. I'm working on building some items (mainly staves... starting simple) for my little Seyda Neen vendor. Nothing too unbalanced, I'm hoping, and I'm trying to price them according to their power/utility. If I could learn how to access the art and icon files I'd be in business. Right now I'm working off of two base items: a wooden staff and a silver staff, both one-handed. Ideal for an armored (light or heavy) mage, or a pilgrim. Actually, all the silver staves are Mage staves of one sort or another, and the wooden staves are being called Pilgrim staves. Examples: Mage Staff of Aeromancy, Pilgrim Staff of the Sentry, etc.... Pilgrim staves are mainly constant effects that boost things like speed, athletics, feather, and night-eye... traveling spells. Mage staves are either cast-on-use or cast-on-strike, with mainly elemental effects, either damaging or protective.

As for spelling errors? Well, for starters, you find a ruggid note in the Egg Mines.

EDIT: This is more a Morrowind question... About how useful are spells or enchantments that drain or damage attributes? I'm making some javelin enchantments that drain speed, agility, endurance, and possibly strength, and I'm not sure how to balance or price them. They're mainly for flavor, like poisoned or barbed weapons, but I don't want them to break the game.

Example: Barbed Javelin - on impact, drains Agility 2 points for 15 seconds. What sort of effect might that have? What if it were endurance instead? Speed?

EDIT2: How do you add dialogue topics? I click on "New", enter a title, hit enter, and it disappears.
06-09-2007, 02:06 AM,

EDIT2: How do you add dialogue topics? I click on "New", enter a title, hit enter, and it disappears.

its mostly likely because you have the "Filter for" selected to one of the npc's

the new topic doesn't disappear it goes to the main topic list, remove the filter for by sliding the scroll bar up till you get to a blank and the list will come up , then locate your new topic

Enjoy
Bob

06-09-2007, 02:12 AM,

Fixed. Thanks!

Ok, I'm going to confine this thread to Silgrad observations and questions, and move my other stuff to a thread in the tavern.