Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Development
10-02-2010, 06:50 PM,

I just finished height mapping the whole Murkwood region. There are fewer steep parts in the Eastern areas but still plenty of water and a few waterfalls / streams. I started to do a little bit of 'Foggy Bog' too and may decide to finish it later. It's quite a small region.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-03-2010, 10:14 AM,

Speaking of that (at the risk of getting slightly of topic), I think that Foggy Bog really needs a new name. It kind of makes me think of something you might find in a Legend of Zelda game...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-03-2010, 11:46 AM,

You're absolutely right. It's a shit name. :yes:

Check here: Foggy Bog? .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-10-2010, 06:59 PM,

It looks like that, between MD and I, we smoothed out a few issues with the Live Oaks. I sent sandor a message about region generation but do you fancy taking on this task, Deeza?
10-10-2010, 10:31 PM,

If sandor is unavailable I'd be more than happy to do the number crunching if you're done making the preset.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-11-2010, 06:59 PM,

I just managed to get all the assets assembled for the region so I'll get started on establishing the preset now. It may take a while to fine-tune things though and select which objects get generated and in what composition. The good news is that sandor looks like he's ready and available so I can pass things on to him when I'm done. =)
10-11-2010, 08:11 PM,

I've just sent the correct .spt files for the live oaks - completely my bad this time: sorry for the confusion. You should now have the right files.
Morcroft Darkes
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM,

Cheers MD. :goodjob:

I just did a run-through of the asset selection and these are the results on a small four-cell trial region. I have some issues with the ground textures as they're a little too bright in daytime (see the second and third pics). I tried a few fog and light effects just to check them out. Bear in mind that the weather here is far too clear. The in-game weather effects will help to make things a lot duller and more threatening.

The trunk and KP's ace flora are working very well....although the pod tree is an unusual model and it may need to be hand-placed for best effect. Shots 7 and 9 include the pod tree but they're a little dark to make out. The first, second and third shots show the new Choke flower whilst the other piece of flora here is the stinging nettle, more potent in BM than elsewhere. You can see those in shot 8. You may be able to glimpse the adjoining Everglades region here as well as I conducted by trial near Nu-Tlak, the bridge spanning the Everglades for which I'm hoping we can create a separate 'wrecked' model where the bridge has crumbled halfway along.... =)

If you're in a lowland section of Murkwood, you won't be able to see the sky unless you find a patch of water. MD's trees pretty much claim the space above you.
10-11-2010, 11:27 PM,

Looking good, Ibsen.

:goodjob:
Morcroft Darkes
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM,

I always look forward to seeing new rounds of pics of landscaping you do, IG. Great job on this!

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool