Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Development
10-12-2010, 04:51 AM,

Yeah, there look great. I like the streaming light and that you can't see the sky for the treetops.
10-13-2010, 07:02 PM,

I just sent the initial region gen instructions to sandor after having created some preset cells within the Tamriel WS. The compositions are always tricky because they rarely turn out like you expect them to. I may need to make additions to the archive and small changes to the esm before the final procedure of asset replacement though....but Murkwood is well on the way now.

In the meantime, here is a little ungenerated preview of a place I temporarily nicknamed 'Mount Murk'. It's one of the highest places in central BM and will feature a large waterfall. This section forms part of the 'caldera', a circular formation of large hills that surrounds lowlands, kind of like a dormant volcano.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-13-2010, 09:24 PM,

I love the way your Murkwood gets all warped and twisted as you get close to the centre. That thing's almost in Shivering Isles territory.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-14-2010, 12:43 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I love the way your Murkwood gets all warped and twisted as you get close to the centre. That thing's almost in Shivering Isles territory.

Agreed.

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM,

So is sandor going to be able to do this after all? If so, that's great news. Just the Vudai Marsh and Arnesia to go...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-14-2010, 07:41 PM,

Yes, he should be okay with doing that. I'm just assembling some new items for the archive in preparation for asset replacement. Asset replacement is the worst part of the job for sandor though. It's very tedious. Sad
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-30-2010, 03:26 PM,

@ Deeza - Can you check your PMs, please?
10-30-2010, 05:48 PM,

I've a quick question, more or less off the left field. I notice that Murkwood isn't part of the beta region. How much progress has been made on the non-beta regions?
10-31-2010, 08:11 PM,

Good question. Just to refresh, it's essential that we get the regions adjoining the beta regions generated so that we're not leaving a big, blank space in the other areas. The idea at the moment is to keep our focus on the beta regions and work exclusively on them. Therefore, we have the mangroves and Talu swamp done and hopefully soon we'll have Murkwood and the Vudai Marsh.

Besides region generation, the only things that have been done include Moonmarch, Blackrose and some of my own landscaping towards the westernmost parts of those regions. I think it's okay to release some of the non-beta stuff for work but it should really come as a sort of 'reward' for getting the more essential stuff done.
10-31-2010, 08:40 PM,

I see. I realise I've not asked about what the plans for the beta region are, particularly in terms of content (i.e. quests). What is it that we're releasing as the beta?