Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Development
10-31-2010, 09:26 PM,

The Westernmost parts of the province including some of the way through the likes of Talu Swamps, Murkwood, Vudai Marsh and Arnesian Jungle. We will have an 'invisible border' placed around the unmodded parts and work on dungeons and quests that will provide a taster of what is to come. This means that all in-game features will be present but not all of it accessible. Creatures will be there, all NPCs should be there, some quests will be done and a lot of other stuff that you would expect in a final release...but a portion of it only.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-14-2010, 07:37 PM,

Yes, it's done! :bananarock:

To begin with, this is only the region generation and not the final landscaped version. Secondly, my graphics card error is the cause of the texture slashes across the screen that you may see....it's not the esm or the region itself. Thirdly, this is just a quick browse through the Western section that borders with the Everglades. Fourthly, there is a slight texture issue that meant the lighter texture that you see in shot 8 will be replaced with a darker one. Fifthly, we had a bit of trouble with the border area which currently remains a bit blank.

Shots 1-2 show how I successfully enabled swampwater. Shot 3 shows the view from the area I have temporarily nicknamed 'Murkmount'. Shot 4 shows some of the less deliciously weird flora such as the choke flower or podtree. Shots 5-7 are just landscape features...and for some reason I can only upload 7 shots in one post today...

Many, many thanks to sandor for his hard work on the region generation... :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-14-2010, 10:12 PM,

Cool yay!

Wow, Murkwood really does live up to its name, so far - quite murky waters you got going there.

Good job, Ibsen and Sandor!

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM,

:goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-18-2010, 02:38 PM,

Thanks and nice screenshots! Smile

@IG
I replaced the texture as per your request. :check:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-18-2010, 02:54 PM,

Could we blot out the sun so that it's never really daytime in Black Marsh?
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xae
Could we blot out the sun so that it's never really daytime in Black Marsh?

:lmao: A godly curse, perhaps? Hmm, a scripted event might actually do that, y'know....but only for a time, eh?
11-18-2010, 07:33 PM,

Well, it just seems that some areas, Murkwood for one, could really benefit atmospherically if it never got particularly bright, even at high noon, where as the Parchlands would have midnight sun.

This is in all likelihood beyond what is usually done with the engine but I figured it was worth mentioning.
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM,

True. It could be worth looking into. It may interest you to know, however, that I've been speaking with Darkrider, the modder responsible for 'Violent Storms'. This included the snowstorms and the sandstorms that were used in liana's Elsweyr mod. I'm hoping we might be able to have a 'monsoon' weather effect for the Southern regions of the mainland. This would include the Throttlemesh Myre, Talu Swamps and perhaps Murkwood too.

It would also mean that general gloom would be an essential feature. I'm already aiming to have fog and rain as quite common effects for these areas...and that has an effect.
11-18-2010, 09:36 PM,

Yes, that does sound interesting. Weather effects go a long way to create a feeling, and since we're aiming for a hostile environment, abrasive weather conditions could really help with the setting.

Fog and heavy rain sounds great. Since it's a bleeding wetland, some areas should have pouring rain quite often. If we use fog, general darkness, rain and the occasional thunderstorm, that could really offset BM from the calm and quiet countryside that is Cyrodiil.

And, that leaves room for some great voice acting lines complaining about the weather. Admittedly, that would work better if there was some scripting way to check if it's raining.