Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM,
Music
Hi all,

Been in contact with Razorwing about writing some music for the mod. I have a high quality orchestral sample library, so the sound should be pretty professional, even if the music isn't quite up to Jeremy Soule's standard. Big Grin

We discussed music for:

- Exploration (roaming about the wilderness)
- Battle (fighting opponents)
- Horror (venturing into tombs and other 'evil' places)
- Wondrous (finding special, hidden locations)
- City (wandering through our large, bustling towns)

I've started sketching out some ideas, though it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I have anything to listen to - the sample library sounds great but it's a painstaking process to get it to sound great. heh

Though I might do a "mockup" using simpler software that doesn't sound as good but is quicker to put together, so that everyone can hear where the music's going and whether it's what is wanted.

Cheers,
Anaglyph
Music for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion by Anaglyph
09-28-2005, 04:59 PM,

Yaay! Cool to see you here Anaglyph, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

Can't wait to hear your first piece. Thankyou so much for offering your skills! This is sure to make our Oblivion mod even more original and fresh to the player Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-28-2005, 05:31 PM,
RE: Music
Yes, Welcome! I don't know if I am really part of the team but I have made some small contributions. And any other help Is greatly appreciated.

I love new music myself It enhances the game. Especially orchestral pieces in my opinion.
09-28-2005, 05:52 PM,

Hoss: Of course your part of our team, friend - and the work you've done on creating Redoran house models is outstanding and highly appreciated Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
09-29-2005, 11:40 PM,

Thanks for the welcome. Smile

Just waiting for a web site host to okay my account and I can upload something for everyone to hear/critique.
09-30-2005, 01:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Anaglyph
Thanks for the welcome. Smile

Just waiting for a web site host to okay my account and I can upload something for everyone to hear/critique.

Perhaps Filefront.com could work? Unlimited space and storage, and downloaders doesn't have to register. I use it a lot myself and it's one of the servers that hosts our mod. Naturally we can set up a website account here at silgrad.com where you can host your finished pieces, if you'd like?

If the music was exclusive to us in regards to use in Oblivion mods that would be a very nice bonus indeed, that's up to you to decide, but I think it would be fun if the music could be listened to by everyone in mp3 form until our new mod starts to form. Plus (if you don't mind) I'd get the chance to write a new news item on the front page and point to your new pieces. Smile
Angel mired in filth
10-01-2005, 05:43 PM,

Thanks for the Filefront reference. Ok, I've put up a rough version of the opening couple of phrases of a piece. I deliberately tried to invoke a little of the feel of the "morrowind title" piece. Seeing as this is Return to Morrowind it seemed appropriate, but it's not a rip-off or anything.

It's in quite a rough form, just the bare bones without much embellishment, unmixed, and not using the sampler, but it doesn't sound bad, and is good enough to hear whether I'm going in the right direction. It can be found here. Any comments welcome. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Naturally we can set up a website account here at silgrad.com where you can host your finished pieces, if you'd like?

That would be great. Thanks!

Quote:If the music was exclusive to us in regards to use in Oblivion mods that would be a very nice bonus indeed...

That was the angle I assumed anyway, so no worries. Smile

Quote:Plus (if you don't mind) I'd get the chance to write a new news item on the front page and point to your new pieces. Smile

Sure, go for it!

[Edit]Changed link to web space kindly provided by ST.[/Edit]
10-01-2005, 08:04 PM,

Anaglyph: :pop: Wow, that is truly outstanding, great work! Even greater than I had anticipated Big Grin My impression when listening to it is that it sounds very regal and medieval, and I really like the build-up of the piece. It begins tantalizing, follows with soothing fantasy, breaks out into bold adventure and then builds up to a wondrous finale around 0:44. This would be extremely cool to use both for a very special situation (that all players would get to experience) as well as the soundtrack for a teaser trailer, but that's just an idea that popped into my head. I think you capture the homage to Morrowind's title track very well, and I hope we'll be able to mod a circumstance that does this piece justice! :goodjob:

I have a minor pitch which I personally think would be cool to add, but you don't have to if you don't want to - it works great as it is.

My pitch is that perhaps you could weave in a blowhorn sound (do you recall the one the player sometimes hear in Ald'run?) and a coin-like sound, similar perhaps to what it would sound if someone tried to grab a pile of coins. Perhaps that could make the listener think of both Redoran and Hlaalu, which have a strong influence on the mod we're planning. Well, any warrior (Redoran) references and wealth (Hlaalu) references would work just as good and maybe better, but it would be cool to weave them in somehow I think.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I've created a new category in our database where you can upload music if you want. It can take files up to 5 megabytes in size, plus there's no hassles with waiting in line for downloading and such. It's the next best thing we can offer besides having a website account, which I'd be very willing to set up, if only so you can FTP your music there (i.e. you could use it as a file host and wouldn't have to create a website if you didn't want to).

Please keep up the excellent work - I can't wait to hear more! :bananarock:
Angel mired in filth
10-01-2005, 08:24 PM,

Yeah! If those are the "bare bones", I'm eagerly awaitng how it will sound once you put some meat on them.

Truly outstanding work, Anaglyph.:applause:

*back to listen to it again*

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-01-2005, 08:27 PM,

I hope you do put it here on Silgrad. For some reason Fileplanet won't let me download it and I want to hear it. If someone else could send it too me that would be great.