Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a hand?
11-16-2006, 12:06 AM,

Well, I do know that the priestesses wear red and white. When I was choosing same and ito for my sword, my fellow swordsmen told me not to get white and red, as those were the colors worn by Shinto Priestesses. And, you know, I'd look feminine by association.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
11-16-2006, 12:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cogidubnus
Well, I do know that the priestesses wear red and white. When I was choosing same and ito for my sword, my fellow swordsmen told me not to get white and red, as those were the colors worn by Shinto Priestesses. And, you know, I'd look feminine by association.
Yes, red and white are definitely for priestesses. :yes:
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
11-16-2006, 12:49 AM,

Ok, the daikyu looks perfect :goodjob:
The spear is almost perfect, the round plate is only used for naginata, not yari...but the model looks awesome :goodjob:
The warfan (it's a gunbai uchiwa) looks great too, these things are very solid, so they could be used to deflect blades, so it would be better to make it work like a shield instead of a weapon.
I'm sure that we can use your tower, we have some japanese building models...but they don't have textures or collision boxes.
So if you want to bring a building in-game for us, just ask where you can get them, ok?

About the dao's, it would be awesome if we had a zhanmadao (horse cleaver) if you don't know what they look like, just google for it.
Another chinese two handed sword is the shuangshoujian, a jian is what you call a ken, ken is the japanese name for a double edged blade.

The Hakama models look very nice, the model that's been "floating around" is Ra's model, and he can't rig it.
He also has a japanese armor and a kimono that he can't rig, just PM him if you want to bring them in-game for us, that would be awesome :check:
And you can finish your hakama, we can use them, it would be great if you can make a model of an old style hakama for us, like the Tattsuke-bakama, i have posted a link so you can see what it looks like, it's almost on the bottom of the page (clik on men's garments first) : http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/garb.html
We need this type of hakama for ninja and sohei (japanese warrior monks).
For the warrior monk, we will also need a headcowl (kato no kesa) if you want to see how a sohei headcowl looks like, here is a link (you need to click on "Buddhist monk-sodier with kato food" it's almost on the bottom of that page) : http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/wayou/index.htm

And thanks a lot for the making those models =)
Akavir mod leader.
11-16-2006, 12:57 PM,

Yeah, I got lots and lots of clothes just ripe for the riggin' Smile

Kodama- I made a "hat" for a monk awhile back but I don't know what it's called so I can't post a link. It really looks like a basket worn upside down covering the whole head.
11-16-2006, 04:44 PM,

Those look great. You have low standards?
11-16-2006, 06:19 PM,

I do have low standards for my self. I am a perfectionist too far from perfection. Errors glare at me and bring me to shame. Enough self indulgent crap. Okay, my hakama skins look a lot more like the hakama pics you showed which is good, I felt bad because they don't look like the hakama I own. I will work to make them more rustic shouldn't be hard, keep in mind these are the robe retexes so no cut in the middle I will need to sacrifice accuracy for vainity. I can model any sort of clothes you need but rigging is an art I not cappable of, I might figure it out later but not now. As for the model builidings I am at a loss as to build collision boxes, it should be an easy process once I learn how. I know that shinto priests where completely white or have light blue hakama, I don't now what came over me. Well here are four of the daos fully modeled but the skins are still rough.

Daos

I am going to make at least four more very different models. I wikied dao and downloaded pictures of all of the ethnic variation, those mongols really got around.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM,

I don't rightly know why, but I did...

Pic

Pic2
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-17-2006, 12:24 AM,

Ra5946, the basket shaped hat is called a "tengai" or "igasa" Wink

Corthian, the hakama that you own must be the modern type (with 7 pleats)
You have made a shinai, that will be perfect for the dojo that i have planned (a joinable faction).
It's nice to have some chinese dao's, if you put a dao blade on a long pole, you will get a chinese pole-arm (pudao) it looks a lot like a naginata.
Akavir mod leader.
11-18-2006, 05:05 PM,

Clothes skinning update (I think I am getting better at this)

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

I have a lot more I didn't upload. I was looking through the Meshes BSA and realized I could create almost any outfit from skinning and hacking the clothing Nifs. These should be lower class-middleclass I will be making clergy-upper class-military next. Don't worry this isn't an ill-conceived attempt to cover up the fact I forgot how to model, I'll start modeling again soon.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-19-2006, 12:39 AM,

They look nice, the last two are the best :goodjob:

The belt looks a lot like a western belt, so that might need some more work.
I can't wait to see the upper class clothes Smile
Akavir mod leader.