Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a hand?
11-19-2006, 12:41 AM,

I got an upper class to post right now

Pic

I just found four models I can jury-rig into female kimonos.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-19-2006, 12:44 AM,

Cool :goodjob:

We will also need some chinese clothing, and clothes from India.
Akavir mod leader.
11-22-2006, 02:23 AM,

We need to have some japanese arrows to go with the japanese bow.
I want to have some different types of arrows, so we can have cheap low damage arrows, and expensive high damage arrows.

Togari-ya [Image: togari-1.jpg]

Watakushi [Image: watakusi-1.jpg]

Kaburi-Ya (Whistling Arrow) [Image: kaburi.jpg]

Karimata [Image: yanone_karimata_02.jpg]

All of these arrowheads should be 5 or 6 inches long, so they are big and will do a lot of damage :brew:
I think that will do for the types of arrow heads for now, we could include an explosive arrow head later.

The arrows should be long, and the textures for the feathers should be like the elven arrows, japanese arrows are made from bamboo, so don't use a wood texture for them, ok?
Akavir mod leader.
11-22-2006, 04:58 PM,

Will do. Might take awhile, I'm kinda running low on steam right now.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-22-2006, 05:31 PM,

Thanks for all the work that you have been willing to do for us Corthian =)

It would be a good thing to put the models in-game (somewhere near the imperial city waterfront) and put the files on Rhapidshare and PM me and Ysne the link, or something like that... whatever you prefer.
It's important to do that, because we have had people make models for us before and they just left us without ever giving us the models they created for us :eek:
Akavir mod leader.
11-22-2006, 08:04 PM,

That's pretty funny, just last night I was thinking about all the guilt I would feel if I died and never gave you all the stuff I made. The arrows just got a little more complicated, when making arrows the quiver is in the same nif as the arrows, so the question is which quiver should I use or should I make one from scratch? Oh, the batteries in my mouse are dead so I can't finish them until I get batteries. I'll see what I can do about getting you those files...
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-22-2006, 10:58 PM,

Hey! Don't you die anytime soon, ok? Big Grin
We need those models.

I guess we will need to have a new model for the quiver too.

Here is a link where you can see how a japanese quiver looks like: http://anthromuseum.missouri.edu/grayson...ery2.shtml
It would be best to use the Shiko quiver, because the Utsubo quiver is closed and it just would not work out at all.
The figurine on the bottom of the page shows how the Shiko quiver is worn on the back.
That website also shows some nice pictures of japanese bows and arrows Smile
Here is another link to show the Shiko on a samurai's back: http://www.pbase.com/wildhareuk/image/46902716
I hope you can make this work, it would be cool to have a Shiko quiver =)
Akavir mod leader.
11-23-2006, 04:28 AM,

Sounds cool. It will probably work, but no promises.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-23-2006, 05:32 PM,

Ok, if it does not work out the way we want it, we will just have to use a normal quiver :eek:
Akavir mod leader.
11-24-2006, 03:00 AM,

The quiver is going to work. I guess I will you use the same quiver for each of those type of arrows. The quiver and one type of arrows is in game. I am trying to get a lot of my stuff in game to give to you guys. The hakama reskins I made a few days back look weird in game. The ones that are just pants reskinned look too tight on the men and because the pants were origninally for the men don't look right on the women. I am trying to make a quick pass over all my weapon models to get them just perfect. I am so tired...
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.