Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerevarine
03-29-2006, 11:14 PM,

In the FAQ is says he will be generated with several riddles and questions. Using this you can create a character with a default face of sorts instead of having the used make it. For example the questions would choose if it should be a he or a she and then a race. We would just have to make a face for each race and gender so the user wouldn't have to do much.
03-29-2006, 11:52 PM,

that was before we knew the Nerevarine was disappeared...
sorry for confusion... hope IxidorsBane updates the website soon

but maybe it is better the Nerevarine is gone... maybe
05-06-2006, 01:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by X23
Someone said to give the Nerevarine a closed helm. That would eliminate portrayal problems. And when you enter Vvardenfell there could be some way to generate which race he was.

I would really want the Nerevarine to return. Maybe later in the game way after that quests he returns for the Great House war.

Thats a good idea. But give him something insane from Akavir, like some unbelievably cool helmet, a sweet sword, and a cool horse. Another thing would be as a messenger like figure, a ghost of the past thing, and he comes dressed in black robes and a shadow over his eyes in a mist, later he returns with the sweet stufff at the end of the war.
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.
05-06-2006, 02:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by final reclaimer
Someone said to give the Nerevarine a closed helm. That would eliminate portrayal problems. And when you enter Vvardenfell there could be some way to generate which race he was.

I would really want the Nerevarine to return. Maybe later in the game way after that quests he returns for the Great House war.

Thats a good idea. But give him something insane from Akavir, like some unbelievably cool helmet, a sweet sword, and a cool horse. Another thing would be as a messenger like figure, a ghost of the past thing, and he comes dressed in black robes and a shadow over his eyes in a mist, later he returns with the sweet stufff at the end of the war.

What, like a way to reward a player for finishing what the nerevar didn't?
05-06-2006, 02:38 AM,

The whole vision of the Nereverine thing is the best idea for handling him/her that I've heard yet! It would let us use a closed helm with armor or whatever to disguise the appearance as well as a dream effect to disguise the voice. In fact, it would also fit perfectly into an idea I had for how to use the crazy want-to-be Nereverine from Suran. (For details on that, check the forum for a Cult of the Nereverine thread that I will post sometime this evening.)
05-07-2006, 02:02 AM,

'What, like a way to reward a player for finishing what the nerevar didn't?'
Sorry,Harikari, and anyone else i mixed up.

When i said 'with all the sweet stuff' i meant the Akavir helmet and weapons, not as a reward for the player, but as a 'grand entrance', if i may, that symbolizes his dominance while disguises his appearance, and shows him as a warrior of a different land, like a form of demi-god of the past.

i just notced this and added it to this post, we got a problem with the idea that he would only wear armor, not a cape too: what about khajiit and argonians? so whenever you make the nerevarine, make him have a cape to cover the tail area.
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.
05-28-2006, 06:45 PM,

actually... no it wouldnt, your forgetting about race... and gender....
1 shot, 1 kill, 1 less daedra to worry bout....
05-28-2006, 06:49 PM,

Well, hopefully we can bother Bethesda until they give us a command to pop up a FaceGen menu to customize an NPC's face rather than your own.
05-28-2006, 08:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Well, hopefully we can bother Bethesda until they give us a command to pop up a FaceGen menu to customize an NPC's face rather than your own.

in what, another glitched out patch?.... the beta patch causes more issues than it fixes, i'll keep v 1.0 thank you.....
1 shot, 1 kill, 1 less daedra to worry bout....
05-28-2006, 11:54 PM,

How about a KOTOR 2 style questionairre where you anwser questions that determine what the nerevar's race and gender is?