Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerevarine
06-23-2006, 03:00 AM,

you know what?
I have a great plan!
(maybe)

the Nerevarine we will portray using Vivec's interview (discussed in early topics about how to intro the player) and based on the few questions/riddles we may have set types of Nerevarines....
such as.. female or male then after that mer/men/beast-folk, then after that MAYBE a very cryptic ones that helps decide Khajit or Argonian....
and then full akaviri armor...

what if... eventually...
Vivec reforms the Temple to KILL Nerevarine? What if he claims the Nerevarine is helping Akavir? What if the Nerevarine SAVES 6th House and reforms IT! (We know the Nerevarine would feel sympathy for the 6th House totally led astray by Nerevar's orders, Dagoth Ur's insanity due to close proximity to Heart and Tools, and the Tribunal's treachery).... so what if the Nerevarine and Vivec come to huge disagreement... and the Nerevarine claims that Vivec is being selfish and going after his own goals and that the Nerevarine should've killed him long ago after Almalexia had died?
and so what if Vivec is gonna try to conquer his past and fight the nerevarine? and the Nerevarine set things right by bringing 6th House back, and finally destroying the Temple's evil side... the Nerevarine is going to either make Vivec surrender or kill him...
and when they come to fight, Vivec will use his powers to try to kill the Nerevarine who will in turn turn into a ghostly image of Nerevar and who will ask Vivec to surrender to his Hortator and give up his false-godhood and be fully considerate for his people without harming them subtly... and we'll see..

I know, a crazy idea... maybe too extreme for some people... Sad
06-23-2006, 03:19 AM,

I just don't think it's a good idea to have the Nerevarine around. Much, at least.
06-23-2006, 03:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
I just don't think it's a good idea to have the Nerevarine around. Much, at least.
I know... too extreme for some folks like i said Wink
I wouldn't mind so much cause we are sorta twisting the rumors on Morrowind in our own ways...
Nord invasion in our own way, Ald-ruhn ruin in our own way, Vivec in our own way, why not the Nerevarine...
or maybe he is telling the 6th House to take action... whatever the case I think he/she should have an important but partially unseen role... like behind the scenes sorta...
06-23-2006, 03:36 AM,

Yeah, but with the Nerevarine, it's different. He was the player in TES3.
06-23-2006, 03:37 AM,

so true... but that's what makes it tricky... if we don't go with it, it is understandable, but if we pull it off in an epic but an acceptable way, we will be soooo awesome... :banana:
06-23-2006, 04:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
so true... but that's what makes it tricky... if we don't go with it, it is understandable, but if we pull it off in an epic but an acceptable way, we will be soooo awesome... :banana:

Well, instead of having the Nerevarine incorporated physically into the game, how about the player gets contacted by Azura in a dream... Who tells the player that the Nerevarine is unable to come to the aid of Morrowind to fight the sixth house and the daedra. She also contacts the Nerevarine, so we could incorporate him into a dream cut-scene (with akavari cape and armor and a closed helm). The Nerevarine will say something or other like "You have been chosen. I am no longer able to defend my kin against the Sixth House and the forces of Destruction (Dagon). This task must fall to you, Nerevarine." The scene ends in the Nerevarine taking off his/her helm, but we never see what the face is like as a blinding surge of light pours from underneath the helm. And the player wakes up with a hand-written note and the closed helm of the Nerevarine. This helm will be in fact quite similar to the Cowl of the Gray Fox, and Nerevar's note explains what magic the helmet holds to unite the peoples of Morrowind... And secure it once and for all.

What do you think?
06-23-2006, 04:53 AM,

There is no Helmet of Truth. Only a Ring of Truth. THE Ring of Truth, rather.
06-23-2006, 05:27 AM,

Well, I was talking about something symbolic about his travels, like an Akaviri Closed Helm, last seen worn by the Nerevarine. Anyway, this way we don't really extablish who the Nerevarine really is, except that he wore that symbolic helm before leaving.
06-23-2006, 04:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Well, I was talking about something symbolic about his travels, like an Akaviri Closed Helm, last seen worn by the Nerevarine. Anyway, this way we don't really extablish who the Nerevarine really is, except that he wore that symbolic helm before leaving.
To refine my idea a bit... Maybe the magic of the RING summons the armor of the Nerevarine... As well as a cape?

Or should we just drop my idea about Azura and Nerevar and the dream entirely?
06-23-2006, 04:28 PM,

i dunno about enitrely dropping it...
we need to decide the nature of the nerevarine's presence first...
so how should he/she be portrayed?

active or passive presence?