Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerevarine
06-19-2006, 12:49 AM,

Well, look at your options here.

Why would the nerevarine be any certain race?

The only one I can think of is Dark Elf. True he was reincarnated, but is there any specific reason he would be anything else other than a dark elf? I can't think of any real reason why not. He was a male dark elf in his former life, and a male dark elf in this life would make sense as well.

I'm not being close minded, there just isn't any specific reason for him to be anything else.
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM,

and no reason fro him/her not to be....
do remember that he is reincarnated as one of ten different races, and one of two genders

he/she is supposed to be able to be reincarnated as many different incarnations...
the last one was just the Nerevarine to suceed
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM,

We should really vote on this one.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
06-20-2006, 05:15 PM,

Putting the Nerevarine in can give you the really nasty side effect of becoming a sidekick. I was already jipped by Martin in the TES4 main quest. :/
06-21-2006, 01:25 AM,

exactly that's the thing... you don't want to be the 2nd you wann a be the 1st or the equal... the co-
that's what we will hav trouble with both Nerevarine and Vivec if they are included...
06-21-2006, 05:44 PM,

Thing is that everyone played the Nerevarine in their own personalised fashion, nd has different memories of what the Nerevarine is - maybe some of you never read the arguments on the ES Forums about what different people thought was acceptable, and the huge variation in attitudes and character of those individuals.

In another thread I had thought about a 'dream figure' sending an Azura type message, but the points about poss Khajiiti or Argonian race are important.

Axen likes to say that stuff should be new, rather about revisiting things, and so I apply the Axen rule here and do not in any way agree that the Nerevarine should physically return. Vivec is a different matter - but the Lore would have to be very carefully considered.

As I understand it Vivec is visiting a known (but not accessable) location on the Plane of Oblivion in TES4. So this could be done without conflict.

However you would then have to consider why he is there in Oblivion, what effect he would have if returned to Vvardenfell - and in a serious way. Does he take back control of Vivec City, the Temple and how does he affect the War? Come on people, if Vivec returns, even w/out his God-powers the overwhelming mjority of the Dunmer will turn to him.

Up to now everyone seems to have avoided the fate of the Dissident Priests and Holomayne - suggest that if you return Vivec, then you can no longer avoid them too.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-21-2006, 05:47 PM,

I think the Nerevarine should return. I wouldn't mind him being different than what I beat the game as. I always imagine the Nerevarine as a male Dunmer, but I usally played an Imperial or a Khajiit.
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Axen likes to say that stuff should be new, rather about revisiting things
Incorrect. All I say is that things should be done in the best way they could possibly be.
06-22-2006, 02:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Axen likes to say that stuff should be new, rather about revisiting things
Incorrect. All I say is that things should be done in the best way they could possibly be.
although "best way" differs from person to person sometimes Wink
but that's fine that's people, that's life, that's team
06-23-2006, 12:05 AM,

the thread raggidman is refering to is something i posted, seeing the problems that this argument could create. i see many options, people just have to open up:

race: people are always going to accept the fact that the hero of the Dunmer is Dunmer. but when i played, i made him an imperial male, making him look as close to me as i could. i always imagine the character in TES as a lot like me, because, in a way, they are me. (or at least, i am them)

the ways to cover race (that i see) are:
1)cover them nerevarine in akaviri drees, or dunmer, giving him a that gives off the impression of power, without specifing race.
2) also show him, as in my earlier post, as a 'dream' figure. cover him in fog, wich symbolizes mystery, and cover his identity.
--i believe that akaviri dress is the way to go at all times though. it is not of any of the 10 races and will not hint towards any of the 10--

gender: this is the toughest one. with race you can give him a deep voice, or a uniqu one at least, and keep the player guessing. you cannot do this with gender and make it believable. i only see one way.

1)let the player choose gender before-hand. make 2 nerevarines, and let it go. there is nothing else that i can think of to do.

player type: this is overanalized. give him/her a sword, bow and arrow, and magicka to kickass. if you make him/her unstopable, as the true nerevarine would appear, that would cover his player type, leaving it up to radiant AI to make it for you, based on his/her reactions.

stick by the outcome and no one will bother you. this is a touhg thing to make everyone happy, seeing the large amount of player types.
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.