Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BM Website
10-11-2009, 06:29 PM,
New BM Website
Ok Blender is being a prat so i thought i might have a go at looking into making a free flash site from what mirrored suggested, I know other people can make ones but i thought i would have a try ok?
Theres no harm in trying anyway if im successful then making we can add some animations and things so in turn turning it into a flash site with forums?.

Ill have a go anyway.

http://www.wix.com/create/website

Heres the website, It seems easy enough but ill need to ask mirrored if a forum can be added, But yeah i should be able to come up with something in a couple days now will someone give me some really high-definition blackmarsh posters so i can start working?
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM,

Fair enough. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM,
New BM Website
^I edited above^

It seems really easy to make, I might even have a full functioning website tonight!
Ha! :bananarock:

It seems ill need alot of backup work from you guys, Images mostly
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-11-2009, 06:58 PM,

Seems fair Smile, Though a flash website is problably not the best type of website. I made a few in college and noticed they were either annoying or slower than standard ones.

But really its whatever you feel comfortable making Big Grin, I can make flash animations, been doing a few transition images latley in Photoshop which was a surprise.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM,
New BM Website
Ill have a go but it seems i would be better off handing this to someone else,
InsanitySorrow if you have experience i suggest having a go then maybe we can get some new recruits.

Flash sites need a lot of resources from yourself and a project or a resource so thats what i cannot give but at the least i had a looked and tryed,
So have a look at the site its amazingly easy to build a flash site in seconds (If you have the resources).
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-11-2009, 09:04 PM,

Before handing it off to someone else, have a good go first. You maybe suprised at what you end up with when you have finished :goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-11-2009, 09:37 PM,
New BM Website
Did (Looks terrible),
No you need posters/backgrounds/images before you make a flash site and i don't have that (Yet) so i might have a look.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-11-2009, 10:21 PM,

Not really, I used Deeza's website to get basic colours but other than that you can either create or find what you need.

I spent about 30 minutes on a site tonight and I attached a screen of what I got done. Alot needs finished though Smile
10-11-2009, 11:55 PM,
New BM Website
Hm it looks good on first look but a few flash animations would make it very good,
And a better background then the murk like green (That made me not want to go to blackmarsh forums at first... Might happen with others),
Maybe you could store a lore wiki in this website for a better catalogue (It would make ibsen happy i guess),
What i noted down if i was going to make a BM website is-
Forum,
Concept art gallery,
Lore (Wiki like) pages,
main page (Flash animation and then a propaganda image comes up),
Nice background (Pictures of certain characters in the background,
Sticking out on the sides? And the top having a New Black marshes signature),
Links to other pages on the site in a add-normal place
(On the left hand side? Links going from top to bottom without being in a bar and so just being add over the top of the main propaganda image).

Does anyone know how to turn a low-definition image into a high-definition image?
That would be helpful on doing the extras i said above.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 12:09 AM,

i find flash animations a bit gimmicky. there are times when they really do work, but they have to be coordinated within the site (as opposed to tacked on for the cool factor). you also have to consider that not everyone has flash (meaning your website will not work for some people) and that flash sites do not have embedded text info for search engines to tag (meaning that your site wont show up on google unless it has very high traffic and lots of links)

imo its better to write a good html site, maybe with some java and php components for interactivity, than it is to waste time on flash.

integrating forums into the website is a fantastic way to make the site easy to update and therefore up-to-date. Silgrad's page, for example, automatically posts news items from the forum onto the main site. TR's goes a bit further: our screenshots, concept art, books, progress percent, and news all come directly from forum posts, meaning that the site requires no programing knowledge and very little effort to keep up to date. it requires some php/mySQL skills, but over all its not too hard. i think the code may actually be found online somewhere.

php is also extremely handy for creating a base look for the site. for example, lets pretend you finish your website, content and all. then you decide that you want to add a visitor counter to the bottom of every page. in traditional htlm you have to go in and paste code into every single page in your site, which is very tedious. using a php template allows you to code that change once and apply it to everything on your site. i used it with great success on my site, my gallery pages, for example, contain only one line of code Big Grin

oh, also, i recomend planing out your site before you make it. figure out exactly what sections you need and how you want them laid out. get a color scheme and navigation tree. make any custom buttons and banners.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era