Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Modders Start Here
07-18-2011, 01:30 PM,

Anubis100,

I appreciate your offer to help, but you need to understand something very important:

Do not mention that mod project again - I mean the one you've mentioned twice now, and whose name I edited out of those posts.

That mod is an illegal project, because it literally takes resources from Elder Scrolls III, and converts them directly for Elder Scroll IV's use. It's like handing out Elder Scrolls III for free, only with an engine change.

But Bethesda is still making money off of Elder Scrolls III, and they have not relinquished that game's resources to be in public domain, nor given permission, for those resources to basically be distributed for free. It's like diverting money away from Bethesda's business, and therefore, is stealing their hard-earned work & money.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-18-2011, 03:06 PM,
Sory i didnt see the remainder.
Im sory for mentioning it. But i must tell you that they give Bethesda all the credits for everything, the meshes and other things they use. They even made an installer that pervents people, who dont own a legal copy of The Elder Scrolls 3 with both expansions, to play.
Again sory but i didnt see the remainder and i didnt know that the name was illegal. I will not mention it in the future.
I hope that this will not influence youre decision about me joining and helping to make the province of Black Marsh Smile And again i didnt meen to insult anyone or taunt anyone. I just didnt know. Again sory.
07-18-2011, 04:18 PM,
RE: Sory i didnt see the remainder.
Quote:Originally posted by anubis100
I'm sory for mentioning it. But I must tell you that they give Bethesda all the credits for everything, the meshes and other things they use. They even made an installer that pervents people, who dont own a legal copy of The Elder Scrolls 3 with both expansions, to play.
Again sory but I didn't see the remainder and I didn't know that the name was illegal. I will not mention it in the future.
I hope that this will not influence you're decision about me joining and helping to make the province of Black Marsh Smile And again I didn't meen to insult anyone or taunt anyone. I just didn't know. Again sory.

The name is prohibited to be used here, because mentioning it would be a liability for these forums. It's a liability, because of the nature of that project, and because allowing mentioning it would be like us allowing advertisement of it here on these forums. We don't want to advertise it.

I know the laws are different in different parts of the world. Some countries might accept that project, but others don't. Even though many nationalities gather here on these forums, we like to play it safe, and not just not allow mention of that mod.

And I'm not critisizing the hard work you must have put into such a project. I'm sure it was also good modding practice.

This will not influence my decision to let you join Blackmarsh. Just be careful from now on. And your previous modding experience/practice, will definitely come in useful. Ibsen's Ghost is the leader, and so he has final say. He's yet to log into these forums today.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-18-2011, 04:52 PM,
Thanks for the reply and I will keep this in mind Smile
I cant wait to see this mod. As it is shown on the art it look amaizing. Does this eddit the actual landmass east of Anvil or does it make a new world (diferent cells). Thanks!
Still waiting for the PM Tongue
07-18-2011, 05:05 PM,
RE: Thanks :)
If a Moderator (Koniption) warns/advises you please comply promptly.

Otherwise I have to delete your account. :check:

sandor, Admin
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-18-2011, 05:31 PM,

Hi anubis100,

I'm not sure what the details are of all that business regarding the other project. Nevertheless, we still need all the help we can get in order to get the beta version out there before the release of Skyrim. It would help greatly to have quest modding experience but you can still have an impact.

At the moment, we still need some work doing on some interiors and NPCs. There should also be some dungeons left to do.

Just to clarify where we are with things:

BM is intended to be released as a beta version before the release of Skyrim. At the moment, we have a fully completed outside world for half of the Black Marsh map (albeit missing some interiors, NPCs and dungeons). We intend for the beta version to be as complete as possible. Although some work is being done on the other half of the map (which is not part of the beta) our main focus remains strongly on the beta regions (which comprise the Western half of the map).

Work is available as 'claims' to be 'claimed' by members of the team here: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=237 . To claim a job, just indicate by posting in the relevant thread.

If you agree to the Pledge of the Lizard King and have read this: New Modders Start Here then you are free to join and we welcome you.

Once you have done this, I will send you the files that you will need to mod for us via private message (PM). Instructions for getting things set up are included in the PM.

Nice to meet you... :goodjob:

Btw, sandor is the overall forum administrator. It's always best to follow sandor's directions.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-18-2011, 05:50 PM,
Nice to meet you to!
Yes i do aggre with the Pledge of the Lizard King! I will do my best to help you out and this will be great experience for me! I have allso read the New modders start here. I am happy to lear anything new that will help me to make this mod grow. And yes. When i say i will do something i am going to do it no matter what. Since I like working on interior cells im going to check up with the dungeons (as you sead and i will se what can be done). Thanks again for the fast feedbacks becouse i am used to wait a day or more for 1 post of a modder. Smile
PS: I allso have a part time job this month so i will work on this mod only in the afternoon. Is that a problem?
07-18-2011, 06:06 PM,

Not a problem at all. I'll send you the files shortly via PM.

Welcome to BM! :goodjob:

Btw, remember to choose a modding abbreviation here: Naming Codes .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-18-2011, 06:20 PM,
Yes
I was about to do that! xD
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM,
Problem
I have a small problem thoe. I have the esp and the filles, i have instaled them properly and i have activated the esm but ingame the world does not show up. do i have to enter a portal or other transport? Becouse i dont see it accros the border. Need help!