Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Modders Start Here
08-05-2011, 01:35 AM,
RE: Hello
Quote:Originally posted by Asmar
Hello,
I would love to join BM. I got a few questions thought.
How do you feel about useing meshes made by others. There is a good fort mod that puts in Non-ruined oblivion style forts.
Does the main quest for this mod take place durning or after the Oblivions main quest?
Lastly How many of the Data files do you need to download I got 9 and 10 (I think) and I am seeing a lot of while boxs with excamation marks in them.

Greetings Asmar,

Be sure you read this first:
Pledge of the Lizard King

Btw, do you have any existing modding skills? If so, what do you know how to do, modding-wise?

We already use a lot of "modders' resources", that are specifically mentioned by their creator as being available for other mod projects. Can you link to this fort mod and where it can be downloaded? (It might be, that we are already using it.)

Our mod takes place during the main quest of Oblivion. But I think you might be able to finish the Oblivion main quest, and then still do stuff in Blackmarsh - but that depends on if Oblivion allows you to keep playing the game, even after you've finished the main quest for Oblivion. See, I still haven't actually taken time to extensively play Oblivion, so I don't know how the end of the game is handled. I know more about the technical/modding side of the game, than I know about the story/lore of the game itself. I'm backwards, like that.

You will first need to get a PM from Ibsen, with a link to download Blackmarsh's main BSA archive. You need to install that first (& carefully follow the instructions for entering the BSA name(s) into the two different ini documents), but even so, you might even need to extract the folders from within the BSA so that they appear within your "Data" folder. Some people need to extract them, so that the meshes and textures appear for them.

Then, download and install the next 5 patches in following order:

1) "Reshuffle" patch (follow the instructions carefeully. You need to delete a folder branch, BEFORE installing this patch)
2) Patch 9
3) Patch 10
4) Patch 11
5) Patch 12

The above 5 patches can be found here (look at last post on this thread page):

Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM,
Hi KP;

Yes, it does allow you to play on, unlike Fallout 3 (unless you have broken steel). Once you beat the main quest, you can keep doing whatever you want, there are no story changing choices that would affect Lore in any way really, so we are safe. Though from browsing these forums, i will say that i have yet to see an idea for a main story.
I think Deeza will do something about that, he is a very good writer from the look of his quest posts.

Speaking of modders resources, i have an "Easy Companion share" recourse. I will look mor einto that one unless you have it.

Cheers

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM,
I'm pretty sure the main quest is written in quite a lot of detail - but Ibsen's being very cagey about it. I'm not sure if it's intended to be part of the Beta or not.
Morcroft Darkes
08-05-2011, 11:27 AM,
Hi;

That explains alot.
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-05-2011, 03:41 PM,

Yes, the main quest is planned out though not fully fleshed out in detail.

Good to hear it, Mizreg! :goodjob:

Welcome Asmar. Make sure you read the first post of this thread as that should get you started. Gradually, you'll have other questions, I'm sure but there are normally threads somewhere that explain everything so just let one of the team point you in the right direction. =)

One of the things it tells you in the first post is to select a modder's abbreviation as Mizreg did on this thread recently: Naming Codes .

And yes, I'd like to know what modding skills you have before sending you the files though. We can't really accept non-modders at this stage although we do welcome other contributions.

Thanks for assisting again, KP!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM,

Hello,
The fort file is found at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22965.
I mostly know how make interiors. I am not very good at landscaping. I have no idea how to make quests or scripts. When every I try to set NPC AIs they tend to walk into walls and then somehow fall though the world til they reach their destation... I haven't tried to do diolog yet.
I've yet to upload anything do to my AI problems but I can send an esp if needed.
Asmar
many great mods started and ended with the question "I wounder what the sewer tileset is like".
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM,

That should be fine. It will just be a case of learning as you go. Interiors are still available. Remember that people here can help if you get stuck. I'll send along the files you need with the instructions to get started. It's a pain getting all the files sorted at first but then you should have few problems.

Welcome to BM! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-05-2011, 08:54 PM,

Yep it can be a true bloody pain, but I mostly screwed it up myself by reading too quick so one BLOODY GOLDEN HINT: DO NEVER EVER READ TO FAST!!!
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-26-2011, 02:13 PM,

Hello there, my (online) name is Shanasha and I would like to sign up to join the Black Marsh project, I am an experienced writer and I'm about to bring my very first book, its a fantasy themed kinda thing. Anyway I would be interested in writing some literature and quest(lines) for the Black Marsh mod, so I will just make my own thread and post everything there since I will be bringing out a lot of stuff, generally quests. I have no true modding skills myself (although I am quite a good artist and designer, should look into moddeling or how is it called soon), but my cute little brother Mizreg has offered to stand in for me on that part. I don't know exactly if that is within his skill and dedication but with some support it will come out just fine, I guess. Well anyway.

Best wishes to all of you out there,

Shanasha

EDIT: Miz just came in rambling about me having to get myself a naming code and his homework overload so I will get myself a naming code right now.
Well here I am, I guess.........
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM,

sis....... oh god, this is gonna be awesome........
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin