Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spells
12-18-2005, 10:23 PM,

heh, yup :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-18-2005, 11:48 PM,

Hmm, you know, if they dotn ahev amrk and recall we could make such a spell, since you can script teleportation (fast travel?). Hooray! Smile
12-18-2005, 11:50 PM,

....if only it was so powerful you could make spears throwind weapons, and mounted combat! Hooray! Smile

...but it can't ;(
12-19-2005, 10:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by falco1029
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Why not make spell that won't damage you but just bind you in one place and give this spell to powerfull mages? This may help you to stay alive for a little longer and it may also give you a chance to yield of you want.
taht spell's called paralyze Wink

No, no you got me wrong. What I meant is that it freeze weapon in your hand or does the Expelliarmus efect, if you are familiar with Harry Potter.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-19-2005, 02:39 PM,

it disarms you? i'm not very familiar with harry potter, but i got this from about.com: "Expelliarmus is a disarming spell and is used to knock the weapon out of the opponent's hand."

so yeah i'm slightly confused ?(
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-19-2005, 06:34 PM,

:eek:, I can't believe there is so much info on the magic and everything else about Harry Potter. Wikipedia has tons of articles on the magic spells and objects in the world, and more. Sure I like Harry Potter like the next guy (who is into magical fantasy realms that are totally impossible in real life), but some times, enough is enough.

Oh, and I'm not really sure how the Expelliarmus charm would work in Oblivion, or if at all. I think the best way for it to do it's job would be to one: cast the target back and perhaps knock them down, and two: to somehow unequip them of their weapon and have it drop to the ground. I'm pretty sure that in Morrowind there wasn't a way to find out exactly what the NPC had equiped, so you couldn't really get them to drop it without going through every weapon in the game. Maybe Oblivion will have more of a way to determine what a NPC or the PC is carrying?
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-19-2005, 09:25 PM,

Yes, to determine what you're carying and to have a cool animation of you losing your weapon. Big Grin
12-19-2005, 09:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by falco1029
Why not make spell that won't damage you but just bind you in one place and give this spell to powerfull mages? This may help you to stay alive for a little longer and it may also give you a chance to yield of you want.
taht spell's called paralyze Wink

No, no you got me wrong. What I meant is that it freeze weapon in your hand or does the Expelliarmus efect, if you are familiar with Harry Potter.
hmm, i get what you mean, but this leaves two options. Either have the script force the player to drop the weapon, in which case it only hinders them a minimal amount, or it could destroy the weapon, in which case there's already that spell.
12-19-2005, 09:34 PM,

I think that scripts will be more manipulative. I actually had in mind that the spell throws your weapon to some point in the cell (using x and y coordinates, with z being always on the ground level).
12-19-2005, 10:11 PM,

Like I said, that would take a ton of work to acomplish, and not knowing the limits of the new CS and it's scripting abilities (even though they will be improved) it's just too difficult to decide if we can do it. I know in Morrowind, it would have been just about impossible to accomplish.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you