Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spells
12-19-2005, 11:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
Like I said, that would take a ton of work to acomplish, and not knowing the limits of the new CS and it's scripting abilities (even though they will be improved) it's just too difficult to decide if we can do it. I know in Morrowind, it would have been just about impossible to accomplish.
morrowind shoudl not be used as an example, as it didnt support scripted spells.
12-20-2005, 03:01 AM,

yeah, we need to get creative.. think of something wild...
12-20-2005, 03:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
yeah, we need to get creative.. think of something wild...
Hmm, we coudl recreate the baldur;s gate spell "gate", where it summons an ultra powerful demon for relatively low mana, but it'd attack anything that doesnt have an evil warding spell on, even you (we coudl decide what spell effect would be checked for). I think that'd be neat Smile.
12-20-2005, 04:05 AM,

baldurs gate is a good game :yes:

...so maybe like sumoning a wild daedra? ....maybe like a spider daedra... uncontrollable at best attacking even their summoners....
12-20-2005, 09:23 AM,

Forcing it to make a roll against player's Willpower and.... ups, too much Dungeons & Dragons. Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Forcing it to make a roll against player's Willpower and.... ups, too much Dungeons & Dragons. Big Grin
nah, the spel lworks by checkign for anti-evil auras, which basically hide creatures from it, and attacking everything else. FUn Smile
12-20-2005, 09:23 PM,

Requiring you to cast Protection from Evil before the summoning, I know....
I adapted it to TES Universe. Smile
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-20-2005, 10:00 PM,

Wow, I've never really played D & D or Baldurs Gate before, and have no idea what anyone is talking about in here. ?(
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-21-2005, 01:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
Wow, I've never really played D & D or Baldurs Gate before, and have no idea what anyone is talking about in here. ?(
I'll explain it a little more....friendly

"Gate" was a 9th level spell in baldur's gate 2. What it did was summon an extremely powerful demon from the demonic planes (which are comparable to oblivion, except more chaotic). However, because it was so powerful, it didn;t listen to anyone. Becaus eof that, one needed to cast the spell "protection from evil" on their party to make themselves invisible to the demon, so it wouldn't attack them. We are suggesting doing somethign similar for Oblivion.
12-21-2005, 03:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by falco1029
I'll explain it a little more....friendly

"Gate" was a 9th level spell in baldur's gate 2. What it did was summon an extremely powerful demon from the demonic planes (which are comparable to oblivion, except more chaotic). However, because it was so powerful, it didn;t listen to anyone. Becaus eof that, one needed to cast the spell "protection from evil" on their party to make themselves invisible to the demon, so it wouldn't attack them. We are suggesting doing somethign similar for Oblivion.
Oh, ok, that makes more sense now. It actually sounds rather interesting. Do you have an idea of what kind of Daedra it would summon? I would think maybe a Vermai or perhaps an Ogrim?
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you