Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New World Blues
08-27-2011, 02:57 AM,
New World Blues
New World Blues
Hi Guys!
This is a short quest I thought of on the spot. I hope you like it.

The player is assigned a mission from the FG to kill a magician who seems to be creating zombies in an old Fort in the heart of the Murkwood. The first task is too talk to the shaman at Blackrose (yes, the guy I modded, Thus-Spoke-The-Egg). He marks the location on your map and tells you too be careful when entering the Fort, for zombies and vampires have infested the fort.
When I thought of this quest, I didn’t really go for an in depth dialogue/ built on the plot idea. This is really just a nice ol’ hack em up. If that’s not what you are looking for then apologies, please refrain from wasting your time reading this.
The player enters the fort to be greeted by a small vampire Bosmer named Cax. He tells you of the experiments and says he wishes to aid you in your quest, for he hates what he has become.
The player and Cax must now go through three to four levels of the fort and fight the waves of zombies and vampire warriors to reach the bottom level where the wizard is at.
In the conversation that follows you can convince the wizard to give up and lay down his spells. Another option is too make him equip a fire ring and kill himself and the other is where you will face off against him. Afterwards, Cax will talk to you and say he will stay here and clean up, away from the public eye. You then head back for your reward, and when the quest is complete, the fort is locked so you can no longer gain entry.

Sorry for the bad quest, I don’t get to write as much as I like as I am focused on school.
PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-27-2011, 07:51 AM,

Ha, so youre the one who is working with my brother (Miz). Well I think its quite a good one myself, especially since we will not have to add any more NPC's to the cities (i have been reading the forum a lot Smile ). It seems like a true combat quest, however I think you should maybe add an option to kill Cax for normal people do not just trust a vampire if he only sais that he is not one. Or maybe make it so that Cax is no quest-NPC (which means he will most likely die). Or Cax could be the wizards manservant and betray you in the end if he survives, so you will have to fight both the wizard and Cax. How about that.

Shanasha
Well here I am, I guess.........
08-27-2011, 08:36 AM,

Yep hes the one Big Grin he is awesome!. BTW this is a nice little quest, an actual fg quest, one in which you get to slaughter a lot. I like it :yes: :goodjob: :yes:
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-27-2011, 11:10 AM,

I agree with Shanasha about the vampire betraying you. This is where the quest might take an interesting twist. However, vampires are far from common in BM and may even be outcasts even amongst vampires. That's pretty much how BM runs....outcasts, slaves and refugees (although I don't want so many of these characters that it becomes a cliche so we have to get the balance right).

I think you'd have to be clever with the dialogue as the PC would need some convincing to trust them so maybe Cax would tell a convincing lie or really just wants to free up his tomb that has been infested with these things....something of that nature, perhaps.

Also, I don't see how you could persuade the wizard to stop. If it were to fit in line with BM lore then the 'wizard' would be a shaman practising 'bad Bhuru' which is a form of demonic possession by Hist spirits. The reason it is bad is that it sometimes makes use of the creative energies of the Hist by drawing out the essence of something that only exists in a parallel universe (though the phrase 'parallel universe' is replaced in lore). It remains to be seen whether such a Bhuru shaman is themselves possessed or simply has something to gain from resurrecting some aspect of this parallel universe where fate would have treated them more fairly.

If you were to BM-ify it in this way, that would be great! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-27-2011, 11:13 AM,

That sounds good.

@PWN - Are you going to do an existing fort or make an all new one?
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-27-2011, 12:38 PM,

Hi all;

i know i am awesome! Big Grin

No worries, this was somehting i wanted to release for the vanilla a while back but then a mod named Village of lily came Out, so I let this settle, then thought, "Hey, i will see if you guys like it"
that seems to be fine IG, i have no problem doing that at all. i think the main reason I added that as I am in a fallout sort of feel with the options to go berserk or friendly, you see, i just got the new DLC "old World blues' and that is sorta what I named the quest after, just changed it to new world blues,.
Can i still add in the part where he equips the fire ring, this can be by choosing the wrong choice?
I Do NOT want Cax to betray you, because then we are adding another twist to these quests, i think i already did that with Miz's quest Skooma, skooma round the world. if we add twists to everything, then the main storyline wont seem to exciting. Tha'ts from MO. But i dont mind making the option for you to insault Cax and he gets mad and fights you straight off, but i like the idea of Cax not being an important character so he dies straight off, but then again, i have an idea for a future quest involving Cax when he explores more of the ruins.
i will make a new dungeon as i will have to place the vampires and zombies;
also, only Cax helps you, other vampires are mean ol' nasties. just in case you guys misunderstood.
ok i think that somes most of it up! sorry for bad grammar, fingers are stiffing up again since i broke em.

PWN
08-27-2011, 07:28 PM,

K then, if you need help with one of the levels of the dungeon just shoot me a PM.
08-27-2011, 07:33 PM,

O and I can make you custom zombies and vampires if you want, than you would only have to design the dungeon. And put everything in. (which is actually quite a lot) and of course make the quest.
08-28-2011, 01:35 AM,

Hi all;

Well, never expected this much, well Miz, if you could help me with the c;uttering that would be really good! I find dungeon cluttering tedious and annoying. Ella, that sounds great actually!!!!! Thanks so much guys! I wsill make dungeon levels, but miz can help with clutter, and then if you, Ella, make some cutoms, just to be used in this quest, that sounds great, just gotta make sure IG is cool with it htough.

Thanks;
PWN
08-28-2011, 01:57 PM,

K, will tell Miz, he has to learn over twohundred words German for next Wednesday so he is very busy right now. Doing that, he is dedicated to be done by tomorrow evening.