Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New features?
03-08-2006, 04:19 PM,
New features?
What is going to need to be scripted in for this? Do we have a list of proposed features so I can start writing the psuedocode for the scripts I'll be writing? Just wondering, I need something to do as I'm kinda bored right now.
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM,

Now that is a really tough question to answer. I don't think that we can start on scripting yet, since we haven't seen the new CS and the new scripting features yet, and also, since we haven't even really gotten to the point where we decide how to work what features we want in yet.

Right now, I think we really need to focus on concepts and the base of what needs to be done first. That being world/city/landscape design and layout, NPC placement and storylines for all of the different guilds, factions and NPC's. From there we can really get into the details of how to make those things happen.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM,

I think that there are going to be two specific things that we will need to script when the new CS comes out.

1) Fast transport like the Silt Striders [TESIV seems to have a system where you can ride a horse for faster real-time travel, instantanious travel via magic, and off-screen travel to any map position, but none of these seem to me something that we can use for the old Silt Striders]

2) Flying animals. I don't know if it's possible in TESIV, but I heard somewhere that there are no birds or flying creatures. If that's the case, we will be without Cliff Racers and Netch, which might be more pleasant but just not Vvardenfell. Perhaps we could have the model with a transparent pillar underneath to support it, but that would also mean a fixed altitude for all models.
03-08-2006, 11:13 PM,

I was on a 2 month morrowind/oblivion hiatus, why can we not have flying creatures, and what about the lich in that 360 screen, who was well above the ground?
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM,

I believe he wasnt, just there was a collision space below him
03-08-2006, 11:54 PM,

So, no flying/floating creatures? Can we overcome this or is it an engine thing?
03-08-2006, 11:59 PM,

I suspect. It seems like it would be easy to do. Maybe toying with the weight and collision
03-09-2006, 12:02 AM,

I think it's somehow connected to the no levitation thing, so that nothing can cross over city walls and mess up the world/sub-world system. You know, no birds flying in and out of Cyrodill's worldspace.
03-09-2006, 12:16 AM,

I thought the town would be covered by invisible barriers, so no one does a little scroll of acarian flight maneuver
03-09-2006, 12:41 AM,

I read that flying birds are in the game, but I don't know if they go past zone transitions.