Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Screenshots
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM,
Oblivion Screenshots
I've uploaded two face screenies, #18 and #19, which I snagged from a polish site.

http://silgrad.com/silgrad/screenshots/o...eenies.htm

I've seen them before, but NEVER in such high quality. The detail is amazing. Might not be new to everybody, but still. There's also an unofficial map of Cyrodiil there.

Also, can anyone fill me in on the tentative screenies below. I'm curious about the woman in the sunset, and the bloody amulet. Do you think they are official?
http://oblivion.bonusweb.cz/download/wallpapery.html

Does anyone have a better screenie of the goblin? Pls attach it in your reply in this post if so, and I'll replace the crappy one I have there now.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-20-2005, 02:50 AM,

Yes, I do think that that wallpaper is an official one. But it's not an ingame screenie. Wink same as the woman in the sunset. Just a really high quality render.

I'll keep an eye out for a higher quality goblin for ya.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-20-2005, 07:30 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by NoRemorse
Yes, I do think that that wallpaper is an official one. But it's not an ingame screenie. Wink same as the woman in the sunset. Just a really high quality render.

I'll keep an eye out for a higher quality goblin for ya.

The bloody amulet wallpaper is official? Dang, I didn't know that. I'll post them in the gallery, later.

Thanks for the goblin-spotting Smile The pic was taken by someone with a digital camera, so if you run into a set that has been scanned in instead, that would do the trick I think. It's a rather scarce screenshot, maybe because the goblin is ugly and poorly made.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-22-2005, 11:59 PM,
A report on the Zombie screenshot
Through my connections I've gotten hold of the new Zombie screenshot found in the new edition of PC Gamer. I promised my contact I wouldn't repost the image on the site, but if you send me an email I'll send you a copy. In the meantime, if you're interested, I can share some info about it.

Although the quality of the scan wasn't crystal clear, it's obvious that the Zombie is one of Bethesda's finest Oblivion monsters to date. Far from being a 'smelly discolored guy', approx. 25% of the flesh is gone from its body. The most noticeable feature is that the ribcage is exposed, meaning you can see straight through it's ribs. His eyes look milky, and oddly enough he seems to have some kind of army haircut - or he's just bald, it's hard to tell.

The shot is taken from first-perspective, and the player is carrying a torch in his left hand. I conclude that means torches won't be usable as weapons... what a pity.

The surroundings are decidedly imperial, and in the background is half stone, half wooden pillars very similar to the ones in Morrowind (the ones that look like a Y but with three bars). There are holes in the ceiling where light is coming through, and debris on the floor.

Here is the short article from PC Gamer that accompanied the screenie.

Quote:Behind closed doors, bethesda proudly shows off the next chapter in the Elder Scrolls saga. Oblivion's proprietary graphics engine cranks up character realism, and the introduction of Havok physics gives the gameworld an authenticity that other RPGs have lacked. Bethesda's PR guy taps his watch patiently as you realize the hall is shutting down for the day.
Angel mired in filth
04-24-2005, 07:45 PM,

Effin WOW!:pop:

That is so freaking awesome.

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by NoRemorse
Effin WOW!:pop:

That is so freaking awesome.

I hold my :goodjob: there will also be dogs or wolves in the game. If so, I got dibs on making a medieval Resident Evil action-oriented quest Big Grin ... j/k ... although I'd like to do something on that theme.
Angel mired in filth
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM,

Yeah, must be the best creature seen so far Smile
Killing imperial legion ppl since 2002 and still they keep coming.
Community idiot and modder. (Currently learning to model stuff and breathe)
I can: - Use TES CS - Walk - Re-Texture - Yell really loud (I mean REALLY Loud!)
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Donny
Yeah, must be the best creature seen so far Smile

Cool to see you here, Donny Big Grin
You can upload an avatar if you want, through the control panel.
Angel mired in filth
04-27-2005, 10:11 PM,

Nice to meet thee, Donny. And welcome to Silgrad.

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
05-19-2005, 12:45 PM,
First images of Khajiits in Oblivion
[Image: poll_2005-05-19_Does_the_new_khajiit_look_cool.jpg]

If you look closely in the Oblivion video you'll notice that the antagonist running towards the player in the scene with the swinging bells is a Khajiit, which makes this the first sighting of them in Oblivion. These aren't my screenies btw, they were posted by "DrillerKiller" on ESF.

[Image: thumb_Khajiit_Oblivion_1.jpg] [Image: thumb_Khajiit_Oblivion_2.jpg]
Angel mired in filth