Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion on PS3
10-28-2006, 09:04 PM,

Sounds fairly clear from what you all have said:

Having released on PC and 360 Bethsoft had to do something to seriously convince Sony to play = expansion, yet they did not want to piss off MS-XB, so they started the mini-downloads scam so that 360 would continue to have downloadable content.

Also the lore rape is a tried and true Sony tactic - they are so lacking in confidence in their ability to assess and blend with Western Mythologies and also driven to convert everything to an oriental / manga perspective that it is surprising that they did not insist that the whole of Oblivion and total Lore be re-written... Confusedhrug:

When developers start shafting the best in their products to placate outmoded distributor phobias in order to secure sales deals then the whole industry suffers.

Funny that it seems Western companies go far to be sensitive to Oriental sensibilities and Mythologies - but it may be that we are just a insensitive from th eEastern pov Confusedhrug: so what can you do?

After all these months I see that the financial side of the mini-downloads was actually secondary to Bethsoft! But it is no less true that Bethsoft is happy to give PC second (now third) best in quality, if only because they know that WE will take great pleasure in rectifying their lack. Sorry for the PC players at first, but in the long run they will benefit for their patience if we give of our best... just keep thinking positive people... Because the only way we can usefully resist this trend is by truly making our expansions superior - an dwe will do that by being inspired by the best we can do and being tolerant of all comers honest efforts - because everything we do starts with the same desire and love of modding our game

By the way, I am looking forward to the PS3 edition though I doubt I will be able to play it ...

end rant Confusedhh: don't tell anyone I said this, it's a secret. :yes:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-28-2006, 09:15 PM,

Psyhotic refused to give you your pills again, huh? Big Grin

Yeah, that's basicly what most PC players think about this..... plugin I mean.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.