Bethesda has just sold out. Majorly. :/
10-10-2006, 02:51 AM,

Hell yeah, go beth!
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-10-2006, 03:19 AM,

Personally I think it's a great idea, but what I'd really like to see do is them putting Sutch back into Cyrodiil. Maybe someone could send them an email(send sony) about how dispointed they wehre when their compeditor didn't put sutch in and that it would be great to see it in there Wink

But whatever.
10-10-2006, 03:32 AM,

So yeah um beth is finaly started to actualy go for exclusive content for ps3 it may very well be for the worst as that just means that they may or are infact abandoning the group that maters the most the ture blue pc players who could have been playing since reguard, arena, daggerfell, or even morrowind it is a sad day to see this happen after all i think the dlc's have instilled a large amount of greed and couruption as to how they will sell and market their future games so long old faithfull to your fans beth, and unfortuneitly hello greedy money grubing beth who has proven they are in it for the quick buck.

this is a sad day in ES gameing indeed ;(
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
10-10-2006, 03:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
So yeah um beth is finaly started to actualy go for exclusive content for ps3 it may very well be for the worst as that just means that they may or are infact abandoning the group that maters the most the ture blue pc players who could have been playing since reguard, arena, daggerfell, or even Morrowind it is a sad day to see this happen after all I think the dlc's have instilled a large amount of greed and couruption as to how they will sell and market their future games so long old faithfull to your fans beth, and unfortuneitly hello greedy money grubing beth who has proven they are in it for the quick buck.

this is a sad day in ES gameing indeed ;(

Really? You don't think they might be in it in the first place for money do you? :confused: You don't think they might try and get some more money for the work they've done over the last 4 years? Hmm...
10-10-2006, 04:19 AM,

no im not saying that they were never in it for the money it is just that they used to be more fan centric and had freebes and wouldnt make small insignicant downloads that cost next to nothing and have no major impact on the game. if sony gets the add ons entirely exclusively then you can bet that they geting paid a lot extra to do that they seem to want more money than they used too. theyve been busy makeing a few minor add on's and yet one update patch and it still has many problems in fact they havent even said they have any plans other than the dlc's the ps3 +psp versions. they could at least fix some of the problems that they have not fixed insted of haveing talented moders do it for the whole comunity for free and yet beth wont do it. im not saying they didnt make a good game but most dev's fix all the problems with the current versions before ever thinking about makeing more ports. the other problem is they have been listining to the fans when they were geting ideas to make oblivion and then they release it and well thats it were going to pretend that we cant here you la la la i cant here you, i mean yeah i like there games but for a game that was improved basied on players and fans imput they sure arent acting like they want to listen to them.

Money of course is their goal but how far does the quick buck lead?

a lot of pc player refuse to get the dlc's so when all the 360 players have downloaded the dlc's and sales drops then beth drops on another one thus the quick buck solong as the keep makeing just a little bit off of those sales they will keep making those small quests or single dungeons or themed houses or parts of the game that they alredy had but just put in for a charge

When will they make something significant for owners of all versions?

Just my 2c just mine i hope they truely show that they are lisining soon as they have hurt some of their fanbase by makeing the Quick buck.

Ill still play Oblivion but Beth as a company has been disapointing me ever since they lauched Oblivion to its wide acclaim.

On another note look at what valve did with steam they have been giveing the players updates almost every month access to all their bought games from anywhere, quick ways to download free demo's, news, yes they have episodic content which in theory is like the dlc's but diffeint in the fact that they add like 10 hours to the game form what has been released yeah its 19.99 but that is basicly the cost of an avrage expantion pack that useualy adds another 10-20 hours of gameplay.
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
10-10-2006, 05:20 AM,

Well really Beth will always seem money grubing to the modding community as we do exactly the same thing as them, even to a higher quality for free Wink
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM,

They're just alienating their PC users badly. And things like not getting a damn official NIF exporter 6-7 months after the game's release were bad enough. My outlook on TES5 is grim.
10-10-2006, 09:52 PM,

I don't believe you people.

This is a company in a capitilist world! Deal with it! You call them sellouts, whatever, if it works, then there is obviously a market, so just because tehy aren't doing things for YOU now, they are still going for a majority, as it is still profitable, maybe not THE majority, but it is one.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-10-2006, 09:58 PM,

Great. Exclusive content, eh?

Well, let them have their exclusive content. By the time Knights of the Nine is out, the PC world will be enjoying at least a beta version of Silgrad Tower.

This thing is going to beat the snot out of that silly Knights of the Nine quest.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.