Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion on PS3
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM,

The dreamcast was ahead of its time, but it was a half step, and the sony had better marketting as well as a better consol, don't tell me it was more powerful than the ps2, but you can't judge it on games if we are talking system.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-02-2006, 09:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
The dreamcast was ahead of its time, but it was a half step, and the sony had better marketting as well as a better consol, don't tell me it was more powerful than the ps2, but you can't judge it on games if we are talking system.

The DC is great...I dont understand why people hate on it so much. Sure it wasn't as powerful as the PS2, thats a given, but it did what it did well and the games were amazingly fun. Chu Chu Rocket...Mark of the Wolves...Shenmue...Power Stone...ah...good times. =)
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
10-02-2006, 10:05 PM,

I love the DC, but look at my post before tossing the games at me, we are talking consols.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-03-2006, 01:28 AM,

Skys of Arcadia and Phantasy Star - the first console mmorpg
Ive got both for my game cube and would have bought a dreamcast save i didnt have the money for anything like that when it came out i was but a wee lad when it lauced by the way ps2's first years useage = as a DVD player (as it was the cheepest avlivble) in other words it didnt have any great lauch titles
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
10-08-2006, 06:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
User made mods or not, I don't want one unless I can mod with even more potential then the PC. That is very unlikly. I don't even play any games anymore (save only Daggerfall Big Grin ). All I do is mod. It's just nice to know that OB, and "deep" roleplaying will be more widly accesable. Honestly, everybody should have the PC version for the real experince. It blows me away that the box version is actually 10 dollors more! Non the less, I think it would be cool for a console player to be able to at least have the option of playing our mods, even if that does make them a parisite.

Definition of a parisite;

A creature(any kingdom) that takes from it's enviroment, but contributes nothing.

In other words, they don't help bake the cake, but they eat it.

I think your analogy is flawed since a parasite is detrimental to its victim whereas it doesn't hurt us to be played by players who doesn't have the Construction Set. Rather, if they do and if they like the mod, who can say what the long-term benefits are. Maybe a number of those players will move onto playing PC games in the years to come and carry the positive impression of that mod with them, and there's a good chance they'd come knocking on our door then. I would be very interested in exploring that possibility once the ST mod becomes truly worthwhile from a player's perspective.

I can't disagree with that, no telling what the future holds.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-09-2006, 01:12 AM,

http://ps3blog.net/

zoom in on the pictures and read the articles says you own a priory as the Knights of the Nine people come join and it shows some armour.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
10-09-2006, 01:32 AM,

Now THAT is what they should release for a plugin file, not these small mini-things. Or do you think the fabled "Knights of the White Stallion" expansion is actually the "Knights of the Nine" expansion? Either way, this should be made available to the TES PC crowd.
10-09-2006, 02:24 AM,

hey they said they were not makeing anything new at this time Confusedhh: dont tell them that they just blew their cover :lmao:
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
10-09-2006, 11:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
hey they said they were not makeing anything new at this time Confusedhh: dont tell them that they just blew their cover :lmao:

They said they weren't "announcing" anything at the time. And, correct me if Smile I'm wrong, doesn't the Knights of the Nine thing just add on to the main Oblivion storyline (being an antithesis of the DB.)
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
10-09-2006, 06:40 PM,

I might be getting the ps3 (Devil may cry 4!!!!!) But I'll stick to Oblivion on the pc.