Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion on PS3
09-30-2006, 11:11 PM,

User made mods or not, I don't want one unless I can mod with even more potential then the PC. That is very unlikly. I don't even play any games anymore (save only Daggerfall Big Grin ). All I do is mod. It's just nice to know that OB, and "deep" roleplaying will be more widly accesable. Honestly, everybody should have the PC version for the real experince. It blows me away that the box version is actually 10 dollors more! Non the less, I think it would be cool for a console player to be able to at least have the option of playing our mods, even if that does make them a parisite.

Definition of a parisite;

A creature(any kingdom) that takes from it's enviroment, but contributes nothing.

In other words, they don't help bake the cake, but they eat it.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-02-2006, 06:38 AM,

Yeah i heard 360 users cant finish the Theives Guild quests due to a bug Bethesda missed/ignored? when i heard it, i couldnt stop laughing,you know some of the 360users claim they have a better experience? L-O-L :lmao: ,back onto what i was REALLY going to say.When i heard Oblivion for PS3 or PSP or whatever it is,i was so annoyed i mean people have been waiting for EP's and people have been saving up there money just for a 360 and Oblivion cause there computer cant play it,and now Oblivion is out on PS3 with new armor! and without the theives guild quest glitch!?!... X(
Become one of Hircines

...R.I.P. My Oblivion Character Shadow...
10-02-2006, 06:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
User made mods or not, I don't want one unless I can mod with even more potential then the PC. That is very unlikly. I don't even play any games anymore (save only Daggerfall Big Grin ). All I do is mod. It's just nice to know that OB, and "deep" roleplaying will be more widly accesable. Honestly, everybody should have the PC version for the real experince. It blows me away that the box version is actually 10 dollors more! Non the less, I think it would be cool for a console player to be able to at least have the option of playing our mods, even if that does make them a parisite.

A creature(any kingdom) that takes from it's enviroment, but contributes nothing.

I think your analogy is flawed since a parasite is detrimental to its victim whereas it doesn't hurt us to be played by players who doesn't have the Construction Set. Rather, if they do and if they like the mod, who can say what the long-term benefits are. Maybe a number of those players will move onto playing PC games in the years to come and carry the positive impression of that mod with them, and there's a good chance they'd come knocking on our door then. I would be very interested in exploring that possibility once the ST mod becomes truly worthwhile from a player's perspective.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-02-2006, 11:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard

In other words, humanity in general, pretty much destroying the world as we know it.

Anyway, parasite may be unjust in this case, 360 users are players, just like us, who play video games. I'm sure if the CS was available on the 360, then they'd make mods too. Or, maybe they couldn't afford all the parts for a new system that would support Oblivion, etc...
10-02-2006, 12:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
Sony is the Devil! They ran Sega out of business[..]

Sega was weak, the strongest survives....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion

Sega was weak, the stronges survives....

Sega weak? I guess thats why the Dreamcast is to this day one of the best consoles ever created.
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM,

The sega was to expensive when it came out for me,but then when i was wealthy enough to get it,it was extinct...

R.I.P. Sonic The Hedgehog,we'll miss you!
Become one of Hircines

10-02-2006, 04:10 PM,

RIP sonic??? The new sonic for 360 looks awsome, I just played the demo of it the other day. And Sonic Rush for DS is amazing 2D goodness.
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
10-02-2006, 05:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion

Sega was weak, the stronges survives....

Sega weak? I guess thats why the Dreamcast is to this day one of the best consoles ever created.

Weak isn't all about quality....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
10-02-2006, 05:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
RIP sonic??? The new sonic for 360 looks awsome, I just played the demo of it the other day. And Sonic Rush for DS is amazing 2D goodness.

I meant all the old sonic stuff with the original characters,now you got Shadow and that thing with the chao called cheese,sonic isnt the same no more.
Become one of Hircines