Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Interior Claims in Balmora
07-02-2007, 09:27 PM,

I'm not sure about the models, but the tileset's good now, I used some of sandor's ready made buildings and started on the basic layout. I have the right side (Caius' House side done). We can all chip in some little details later if anybody wants, it'll need to be edited and pathgridded anyway when we've made a fair amount of the interiors and NPC AI.
07-02-2007, 09:36 PM,

You the man, Dave. If you need anything, just ask. :goodjob:
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM,

cire, do you want me to unpin this one temporarily so it's in line with the other claims?
07-03-2007, 05:15 PM,

Sure, I like seeing things organized Big Grin
07-03-2007, 05:19 PM,

Alright. It has been unpinned. :thumbsup:

...I've nearly completed the claim btw.
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM,

The interior is nearly complete, I've been doing some other things though. Today I've been working on the exterior of Balmora a bit, only the right side (where Caius' house was) so far, but it's looking pretty decent so far.

A few of the houses might appear different in shape/size, but this was because of the availible tileset pieces, in which, there were enough pieces to make, I'd say, about 90% of the houses in Balmora with. But I could be wrong because I haven't fully experimented with all the pieces. I've tried my best though, and it still looks like (part of) Balmora IMO.

Here are some screenshots (CS), keep in mind I'm simply building the layout; I've added some lighting to make it look a bit better, but no proper details yet.

Also, as an experiment, I messed around with a few West Gash rocks and started a little estimation of what the exterior of the uncovered Balmora Palace might look like. I added a cavern entrance, which may not be palace-like at all, but it's just an indication of where the entrance could be. Confusedhrug: I can get rid of it if it's bad, it only took about 10 minutes to make anyway, since it's but a few rocks. I think it makes Balmora look a little more interesting though, even without the proper pieces (palace exterior screenshots to the right). Anywho, some screenshots:
07-04-2007, 09:37 PM,

Excellent stuff! I love the Hlaalu architecture, personally. :goodjob:
You've really outdone yourself with this one!
07-04-2007, 09:40 PM,

:applause:

but. this isnt really to do with the exterior or anything, more a modl/texture thing... don't you think the metal bits on the doors seems abit.... shiny? or is that just CS being funny?

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-04-2007, 09:44 PM,

Smile Thanks, it has turned out better than I thought, I must admit. I'm 40% with the second half of the Morrowind town, the extra stuff (port, veloth slums) can be done after. We can begin merging mods after that, if you wish, to make it more 'complete'.

The tileset is great, I couldn't get used to it at first but it's pretty good and pretty easy to use now. :yes:

Only thing is though, I cannot seem to think of a way to make ex_hlaalu_b_26. I've attached a screen of it, the bent shape makes it difficult, if someone could clarify if it can be made with the current pieces, that would be excellent, if not, we'll probably have to make a new design (there's 2 of these buildings in Balmora), but it can be temporary until we get the building.

Quote:but. this isn't really to do with the exterior or anything, more a modl/texture thing... don't you think the metal bits on the doors seems abit.... shiny? or is that just CS being funny?
:lmao: I was about to post this in the Visual development boards for a retexture, but I figured an Oblivion texture could probably replace it. So yeah, I think so too, definitely needs changing IMO (for the exteriors, at least).
07-04-2007, 09:52 PM,

That's the Razor hole, right? The Interior isn't bent, so I'd make the exterior straight. :goodjob: