Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Interior Claims in Suran
07-17-2007, 07:04 AM,

Oh that, right. I remember reading about that. Is it not possible at all for me to get access to the correct resources? Surely you guys are not going to check every single interior created by every modder to make sure everything lines up right, then go back and say "Sorry doc, but x doesn't match y...". Seems like a tremendous waste of time to me.

I would think the people actually contributing to the project, of all people, could and should be trusted with the correct resources.
07-17-2007, 07:08 AM,

They aren't my rules I'm afraid, we have to follow the rules of Sligrad Tower. In time you may be given access but that's not really my choice to make.

The tilesets are fine in game, although they may appear to not match up they do. Just create your interior and try to ignore that, I can check the file afterwards.

Quote:Surely you guys are not going to check every single interior created by every modder to make sure everything lines up right, then go back and say "Sorry doc, but x doesn't match y...". Seems like a tremendous waste of time to me.
Until we get a proper reviewer, me and cire992 (as far as I'm aware) will be checking all of the files anyway for any problems. That's which way it works, you finish your claim, send us the esp, we check it to the best of our ability and let you know if it's ready for merging, or would need continuing with modding until it's ready. We're not saying that we don't trust that your files are ready and flawless, we do this to check over any mistakes you may have missed (two sets of eyes are always better than one), or problems that may need fixing. This way the mod can be clean and bug free. Smile
07-17-2007, 09:34 AM,

Quote:They aren't my rules I'm afraid, we have to follow the rules of Sligrad Tower. In time you may be given access but that's not really my choice to make.

Fair enough.

Quote:Until we get a proper reviewer, me and cire992 (as far as I'm aware) will be checking all of the files anyway for any problems.

Oh sure, I realise that, but it still seems excessive to me. Like you say, nothing you can do though.

If you (or anyone else) is interested, I do humbly present floor's one and two of the Suran Tradehouse. The tables, chairs, fireplace, beds and people are... i dunno out being cleaned or something Tongue One bug I can see is the lack of a tile appropriate for the square directly to the right of the fireplace alcove on the bottom floor. The column next to the stairs is not complete. There's a tile that would work if the column was on the right, but not on the left. There is a quarter column static which might patch it up, but the mesh is missing. Adding it puts a big exclamation mark. Actually three of the four Hlaalu wall tiles appear to be identical, so maybe the dumbing down process has nixed the column I need from the tile.

Anyway, let me know what you think.
07-17-2007, 12:09 PM,

Yeah I know what you're referring to with the the Hlaalu side walls. One of them does have the column on the right side which you were looking for. I'll take a look at this in just a second. =)
07-17-2007, 02:56 PM,

Hi.

For the pillar use: StInHlaSidepillarQuarter

For the missing shoe use: StInHlaShoeBig1Quarter

If you don't have these assets for some reason, let me know.

I took some screenshots of your interior, everything looks fine to me (layout):
07-18-2007, 11:18 AM,

Looks cool Dave.

All the meshes you mention are missing from ST 2.5.

EDIT: There is nothing in the bar tiles to do a corner - just ends, a four sided free standing block, and a two sided piece.

EDIT AGAIN: The third floor is done (untested) and some of the furniture is in place. The hall tiles appear to be too tall, with bits sticking up into the third floor. Dave, please confirm this is not the case with the proper tileset.
07-18-2007, 12:21 PM,

I've had that problem before, Doc, don't worry it works out just fine. I'll take a look at this after work. Smile
07-18-2007, 04:24 PM,

Quote:All the meshes you mention are missing from ST 2.5.

I may be wrong, but perhaps they're only featured in the private assets. Confusedhrug:

Quote:There is nothing in the bar tiles to do a corner - just ends, a four sided free standing block, and a two sided piece.
Yeah, for Soluthis0404, which had a bar, that annoyed me a lot. It annoyed me for the shops in the outpost in Maar Gan too.. which I'm yet to complete because of that. If you want, perhaps make a request for it in the Visual Development board, I'm sure someone can help make that piece. I think it's necessary we have it too. :yes:
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM,
I'll give it a shot
With Win XP contrast mode and the zoom mouse my wife got me, I'm trying a little slow-as-molasses modelling. If Dave could point me to the:
- name of the bar corner piece in MW,
- names of the current ST bar pieces,
I'll look at it.

No guarantees; it depends on difficulty, my ocular status, and how well Tiger is doing at The Open. Big Grin
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM,

Big Grin

For ST

The current ST bar pieces are:

StFurnDunBarcounter01 -Single bar block (no open faces)
StFurnDunBarcounter02b - End piece
StFurnDunBarcounter03 -A 2 way piece

They can be found under:

Static-> St-> Furniture-> Dunmer-> Bar

For MW

Under Activator:

Furn_De_Bar_03

(I think that's the one.)