Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis' Harbor (wip)
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM,

Very nice! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-06-2009, 04:21 PM,

thanks for the run through, i'll try it out. ive tried everything from donuts to cubes and couldn't find a good way to do it.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-06-2009, 04:32 PM,

Thanks sandor Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
thanks for the run through, i'll try it out. I've tried everything from donuts to cubes and couldn't find a good way to do it.

Np, I was happy to share. I tried different approaches as well, extruding splines etc, and this is the only one I found that works.

The only other snippet of information I can think of is that it helps if the overall tower has a diameter that is a power of two because then it's easy to make enough cap segments that the polys you want to keep has a width of 128, giving comfortable space to walk up the stairs. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-06-2009, 09:52 PM,

Here are a few new shots of the Census and Excise Tower interior, situated in Soluthis' Harbor. (The images themselves are overly optimized, which I didn't notice until just now.)

Since last time I've reworked the 'holes' in the second level's railing. There's more of them, and they're slimmer, so that they fit better in with the dimensions of the holes in the staircase railings. I created columns to support the second level, and I created the floor for the first level. I fixed a few bugs as well, most notably I remade the wall of the long staircase because it cast a weird shadow effect underneath the holes in the railing.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM,

how amazing... Smile

`Senten