Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for texturers [arch. posts]
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM,
Open jobs for texturers [arch. posts]
This is a list of Morrowind Visual Pack / Vibrant Morrowind textures in our mod which I found to be based too heavily on the originals and need to be recreated - which they should probably have been in either case due to their smaller size. A double sized compared to the current one is usually a good rule of thumb.

You only have to pick up as many as you want, even getting just one of these remade would be terrific. Just as terrific would be straightforward tips on where to find existing replacements; maybe you know of a retexture pack I didn't when I borrowed these?

Download reference files: Server #1 | Server #2

black[/hr]

Name in our mod: AshGrass02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_ash_grass_01

Name in our mod: AshyamBody / AshyamSprout
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_ash_yam_01 / Tx_ash_yam_02
NOTES: The two TES3 textures are basically identical apart from a recolor. The first is used for the body of the plant, while the second is used for the sprouts and roots.

Name in our mod: BannerRedoranHuge
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_b_redoran_01

Name in our mod: BannerRedoranMini01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_banner_redoran_01

Name in our mod: BittergreenPetal
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_bittergreen_02

Name in our mod: BlackAntherPetal
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_black_anther_01

Name in our mod: Bottle10
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_bottle_10

Name in our mod: CeramicSwirlLarge
TES3 Counterpart:Tx_ceramic_swirl_large
Name in our mod: CeramicSwirlSide
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_ceramic_swirl_side

Name in our mod: ClothPattern01-03
TES3 Counterpart: tx_clothpattern02-04 / google for alternatives, RW! Bound to be plenty

Name in our mod: ComberryFlowercluster
TES3 Counterpart: TX_Comberry_01
NOTES: The stem has to be anchored at the base of the texture, else the clusters will look like they're floating. That's the only reference you need to keep from the original texture, besides that just make a bush branch texture with plenty of berries on it. Please make the normal map from a mask where the berries are white and the rest black (blur it a bit).
(It would have been fun for me to model a branch, add individual leaves, and add meaty grape-like clusters of berries but the sad fact remains that it's a plant, and that it has to work in a live environment like a computer game.)

Name in our mod: CorkbulbLeaf
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_cork_bulb_02
NOTES: The stem has to be anchored at the base of the texture, else the leaves will look like they're floating. Please use the same leaf design as Bethesda did.

Name in our mod: CorkbulbRoot
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_cork_bulb_01

Name in our mod: DunmerLute
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_de_lute

Name in our mod: DunmerTapestry01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_de_tapestry_02
NOTES: This is actually the only Dunmer decorative-banner texture that is too closely based on the TES3 version. But at the same time it's the most important one because it's the symbol of Morrowind (both the game and the province) and was seen exceedingly often in TES3. But I also included the other decorative-banner textures in the reference archive because it would be great to see them remade. The ones we use right now don't look anything like the original textures, rather they look like they're from our own world. Still, the only one we *really* need is this, the Morrowind symbol one.

Name in our mod: FireFern03
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_fire_fern_03
NOTES: There are three fire fern textures, but as far as I can tell only #3 is based too heavily on the TES3 texture. But naturally if you would consider remaking #3 perhaps you'd like to do the other ones too so there's not a huge difference between the current textures and your new one. They could certainly do with a makeover.

Name in our mod: FloraWillowflowerStamen01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_willow_flower_02
NOTES: The stems has to be anchored at the base of the texture, else the leaves will look like they're floating. The texture is only used on a very small surface so you don't really need to make it larger than 64x64.

Name in our mod: GlassBottle[...]
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_glass_bottle_[...]
NOTES: These six textures are used on the bottles seen littering most homes, which are a cluttermonkey's favorite. If you're cautious of attempting to make a glass texture then don't be, because you don't have to do anything different for these ones. The surface can't use Oblivion's glass effect because the color map is too detailed, and if the color map hadn't been detailed then the point of them would be lost. A complimentary specular map would be very nice though.

Name in our mod: GoldKanetPetal
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_goldkanet_01
NOTES: The stem has to start at the base of the texture, else the clusters will look like they're floating. Apart from the main flowercluster texture please also supply an additional texture with just a single flower in case it's needed. (Unlike with the comberry it could be possible to 3d-ify the flowercluster, though I'd need to experiment using the single-flower texture first)

Name in our mod: ItemPot[...] not the 'bug' ones
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_item_pot_[...]

Name in our mod: Keyhole05
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_keyhole_05

Name in our mod: Kreshweed03
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_kreshweed_03
NOTES: In ST v2, two texture types exist in two variations, where the "b" variation isn't based on the TES3 counterpart but the "a" variation is. Now I've removed the ones that are too closely based, so the only remaining texture that needs to be recreated is #03, the leaf.

Name in our mod: KwamaEgg00
TES3 Counterpart: TX_kwama_egge_00

Name in our mod: LichenBlack01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_black_lichen_01 (+02)
NOTES: Tx_black_lichen_02 is an edited version of Tx_black_lichen_01, so it's just one texture using two files. In the original model from TES3 the second texture is used in the center of the model (since that surface shouldn't have opacity).

Name in our mod: Marshmerrow02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_marshmerrow_02
Name in our mod: Marshmerrow03
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_marshmerrow_03

Name in our mod: Metal6thHouseBells
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_metal_6th_bells
NOTES: Bethesda often used this elaborate metal texture on small surfaces all over the place. The paper lanterns are a good example. So, you don't actually need to pay much attention to the original texture in this case, because - as Bethesda - we use it as a general 'non-precious ornate metal' texture. Any pattern that doesn't remind of real life references will do well.

Name in our mod: MetalIronRustyStrip01+02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_metal_iron_rusty_strip_01+02
NOTES: These two small border textures are used for small surface details, like (to take wild examples) the rim of a goblet or the handle of a sword. They're very useful. The size should preferrably be doubled to 128x32 though.

Name in our mod: MiscDunmerWickwheatBundleCap
TES3 Counterpart: tx_wheat01
Name in our mod: MiscDunmerWickwheatBundleSide
TES3 Counterpart: tx_wheat00

Name in our mod: PaperLantern##
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_Misc_lantern_paper_##
NOTES: Glow maps required as well, although the existing glow maps can probably be kept.

Name in our mod: RedoranBorderBroken01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_redoran_brokenedge_01
Name in our mod: RedoranBorderMVP03
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_Redoran_border_03
Name in our mod: RedoranBorderMVP04
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_redoran_d_edge_01
Name in our mod: RedoranDoor01+02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_redoran_door_01+02
Name in our mod: RedoranWallMVP02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_Redoran_wall_02

Name in our mod: RopeWoven01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_rope_woven

Name in our mod: Rug01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_rug00
Name in our mod: Rug02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_rug_02
Name in our mod: Rug03
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_rug_03
Name in our mod: Rug03bd
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_rug_03_border

Name in our mod: Shears01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_shears_01

Name in our mod: VelothiBorder01
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_strip_01
Name in our mod: VelothiBorder02
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_strip_02
Name in our mod: VelothiBorder03
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_strip_03
Name in our mod: VelothiBorder04
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_strip_04
Name in our mod: VelothiBorder05
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_strip_05
Name in our mod: VelothiBorder06
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_V_strip_06

-- The mushrooms of the Bitter Coast --

Name in our mod: flora\shroom\BunglersbaneTop
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_fungustop_01
Name in our mod: flora\shroom\BunglersbaneBottom
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_fungusbottom_01

Name in our mod: flora\shroom\HyphaFaciaTop
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_fungustop_02
NOTES: This isn't used as a transparant texture, so you don't have to worry about keeping the outline of the existing texture intact.
Name in our mod: flora\shroom\HyphaFaciaBottom
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_fungusbottom_02

Name in our mod: flora\shroom\LuminousRussolaCap
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_mushroom_01
Name in our mod: flora\shroom\LuminousRussolaBot
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_mushroom_02
Name in our mod: flora\shroom\LuminousRussolaStem
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_mushroom_03
NOTES: If only one set of textures are remade I hope it is there, because they look absolutely horrible. Seriously, they hurt my eyes everytime I see them, instilling a desire to resize the mushrooms to the size of a fimble just to keep their appearance away from the player. (A glow map for the cap texture is required)
Name in our mod:flora\shroom\VioletCoprinusCap
TES3 Counterpart: Tx_BC_mushroom_04

black[/hr]

black[/hr]

Morag Tong Tapestry
As requested by Seniosh
A Morag Tong tapestry is needed. The symbol of the Morag Tong is here: Useful Morag Tong links. It could be cleaned up a bit, but the main thing is to put it on a tapestry.

black[/hr]

Mip-map modification of RedoranWallZarf01.dds.

I'm currently remaking Soluthis' city walls, replacing the weird walls I made with modified and resized versions of Caligula Superfly's citywalls.

I'm using RedoranWallZarf01.dds as the main wall texture. I like the texture itself, but it really needs some mipmap work done to it because if you tile it several times and then look at it from a distance you can see repeating patterns in it. Perhaps all that's needed is to make the mipmaps fuzzier. I don't have the competence to work on mipmaps myself though, so I'd like to request someone more skilled in texturing help me with that.

black[/hr]

Forgotten Forest Grass
As requested by Harikari
Basically, A darker grass LANDSCAPE texture for the Forgotten Forest. The Forgotten Forest is supposed to have a 'spooky' feel to it, that is the feeling we're trying to convey through the objects you'll find in there.

black[/hr]

Bookart request: Fancy letters
I was fiddling around with a book I wrote years ago for the TES3 mod, and while working on it decided to try and bring in a special set of fancy letters for Silgrad Tower books. It went well from a technical viewpoint, as you can see in this screenshot:

[Image: th_FancyLetters.jpg]

The letter textures display just fine, being a DXT3-type dds with alpha opacity and no mip-maps. But they look bad, since their size and opacity was intended to work on a website rather than a game.

So I would like to kindly request a new set be made. Please use the font Magic Medieval, but other than that you're free to decide the style. We need A-Z (capitals only), 0-9, and ideally also a few special characters that are very likely to be used in the beginning of sentences like hypens and quotation marks. If a book contains dialogue for instance it's likely it'll use either hyphens or quotation marks, so those will be very useful, but you'll never use for instance a comma.

Like with Bethesda's letters the textures should be 64x64 pixels large, but it's okay to extent to 128x64 if you have to. The texture has to be anchored to the center left corner of the dds texture. It seems that it doesn't matter if the letter fills out the whole dds template horisontally, but it should fill out most of it vertically. It has to do with how the game displays book text. As you can see in the screenshot I anchored the letter to the top left corner when I expanded the template to 64x64. Because the letters weren't designed for this use there was empty room below them, so in-game it looks like the letter has 'hopped up' and become misaligned. So; expand the template to 128 pixels horisontally if you need to, it doesn't seem to matter, but make sure you fill it up vertically.

If you want to check them out then Bethesda's are located in Oblivion\Data\textures\menus\book\fancy_font. Especially note the way they made their opacity maps; the outer edges of the visible opacity is grayish, and yours should have that too because it'll look smoother ingame.

Please name the files "letter_widthxheight.dds", or in other words "a_68x61.dds" and so on. The width and height should be the dimensions of the real graphic, not the dimensions of the dds template. It's a good reminder when a modder is specifying their size in the book text.

Since I started experimenting with bookart only recently it's possible I misunderstood something about their use. If you reach a different conclusion on something than I did then by all means go with your conclusion. I think it would be a good idea if you made a single letter to start with, so I can test it out and make sure it displays like anticipated in-game.

(A nice extra would be any kind of fantasy-like graphic that can be used to separate text, the kind of graphic like on this website but naturally one that makes sense for a book. It's not very important though.)

Thanks in advance! This will surely kick our books up a notch =)

-> Please reply here instead of in this thread.

black[/hr]

Dwemer textures
As posted by Seniosh:
Recently, Dumac recieved several dwemer models from Sahardoom. Although the models themselves are excellent, many of the textures just don't stand up to ST's standards. What i need it someone willing to retexture approximately 10 items, many of which can probably share a texture.

I did not make the models, so i don't know how well it it UV mapped or anything. These models are not in the CS, because the files have not been put into Silgrad Tower yet.

If someone is interested, please PM me, and i will give you a link to the files i need retextured, including the current textures. If whoever picks this up needs the Morrowind files, i will gladly give you those too.

Some of these desperately need a retexture, so i hope someone's up for it. If you need any other details, please ask. I don't know much about textures, so requesting some is an unknown for me.

black[/hr]

Redware textures
I'm modelling redware objects at the moment. Here is a max render of the first model, the vase:

[Image: th_RedwareVase.jpg]
(I used TES3 textures on it to set up the mapping).

We haven't had redware stuff in the mod yet because Treebiter had the claim to them but it didn't go all the way. I think he got stuck on the texture situation too, but I kinda liked the screenies he posted. Never did get a chance to see his models hands-on though, so I'm remaking them. No biggie.

But, much like I think Treebiter was, I'm stumped when it comes to their textures so I would like to ask if someone would be willing to create them. I'm using textures from a Morrowind retexture mod as placeholder in the meantime, from Elynda's "Clean Speckleware Merchant V1.0" mod. Her textures are on par with the sizes of Bethesda's redware textures unfortunately, and as you can see from the image below the redware textures in TES3 were, well, microscopic:

[Image: th_TexturesInJpg.jpg]

Naturally those kinds of sizes causes pixelations even from a moderate distance. And Elynda's textures are a retexture, so naturally they look unlike the redware textures, and I don't think we want to have blue redware permanently. But they do have the advantage of not looking totally wrong as well as being compatible with the mapping, both on the TES3 models and on the ones I created, so they work as a placeholder.

You can download the original Redware textures from TES3 -here- (40,6 Kb) for reference if you like.

While my mapping is set up to accomodate the scale of those texture files I would prefer a different scale since the originals have to be tiled so many times. Apart from the button texture they need to tile both left to right and up to down.

The sizes I would like (length x height):
Tx_redware_stripes: 1024x128
Tx_redware_strip_01: 512x128
Tx_redware_strip_02: 256x512
Tx_redware_button: 512x512

On the render image the stripes is the 'ridgety' texture near the bottom, the strip01 texture is the neck, and strip02 is used everywhere else.

The style should preferrably be something akin to baked, reddish clay. Here is a few images of real-life redware, in case they can inspire: [01] [02] [03]

Thanks in advance!

black[/hr]

Tx_Ashl_banner_06.tga
I'd like to request a recreation of the texture "Tx_Ashl_banner_06.tga" from Morrowind. It was one of the textures Bethesda used for TES3's square cushions, which I'm recreating. A width of 512 and a height of 1024 would be great.

Here's the TES3 texture on my square cushion mesh:
[Image: th_SquareCushion.jpg]

black[/hr]

Imperial tapestry textures
[Image: ImpTapestryGallery_medium.jpg]

I would like to request recreations of the eight Imperial tapestry textures from TES3 that show the symbols of the Divines. Please use a general fabric texture of your choice in the middle with a border around it (the whole texture should look like fabric). They shouldn't have rips or tears, and they need to fill out the whole canvas of the texture file. Please make them 256 pixels wide and 512 pixels tall.

Oblivion has plenty of Imperial tapestries (and so do our mod these days), but both kinds of tapestries have in common that they have no meaning. Displaying a tapestry with a symbol of one of the Divines in one's home however indicates a particular affinity for that God, which can strengthen the impression of an NPC's personality. I think they would be a common sight in our capital of Silgrad Tower, and it's also possible some of the finished interiors will be updated with them once the textures exist. I've already created a tapestry for Dibella with a placeholder texture though, but apart from having a flower on it, it doesn't look anything like it should.

The symbols are very specific and have remained virtually unchanged since the days of Daggerfall, so its important that you keep the design similar to the image above. They're seen in Oblivion too, in the stained glass details of Cathedral designs. For reference, images of the symbols from various games can be found in this Imperial Library article.
[indent][/indent]Akatosh - Hourglass
[indent][/indent]Arkay - Tilted square*
[indent][/indent]Dibella - Flower
[indent][/indent]Julianos - Triangle
[indent][/indent]Kynareth - Bird
[indent][/indent]Mara - Knot**
[indent][/indent]Stendarr - Knocked-over wine with spilt wine
[indent][/indent]Zenithar - Anvil
[indent][/indent]* Probably representing a never-ending cycle
[indent][/indent]** I think it is, but I'm not sure. The symbol in TES3's tapestry texture looks like rope to me.

If you can, please also supply a set of images with only the finished symbols so that we can have the option of adding them to other base tapestry textures if needed/wanted. Psd, png or any other lossless format that supports opacity is perfect.

Thanks in advance Smile

black[/hr]

Cushion trim texture
I recently modelled a Dunmer cushion because I wanted to use it in an interior I modded, but I noticed we didn't have a good alternative for the trim texture which goes along the sides of it. So, I would like to request a recreation of the TES3 texture "TX_cushion_trim_01.tga" (can be downloaded here).

The texture looks like a leather texture with two rows of strong, horisontal stitches going across it. It needs to tile left to right, but not up to down. Please make it 1024 pixels wide and 128 pixels tall. TIA Smile

black[/hr]

Sixth House textures
Download reference files
Sixth House Base In TES3

mmmpld responded to my search for Morrowind-loving modellers and has begun creating Sixth House models (bellhammer). Morrowind retexture packs haven't yielded any appropriate textures, so they would need to be done.

As far as I know there's 23 of them, which can be found in the reference archive linked above. Making the new textures twice as large as the originals should work. Sixth House textures feels (at least to me) like a blend between influences of Dunmeric, evil, and gothic. There's the iconography from the Dunmer culture, like on the dagoth symbol and Tx_metal_6th_bells.tga, glowing red details from 'evil' influence, and gothic from the heavy iron and wealth of details.

black[/hr]

The Weekly Cuttle pageheader (book art)
Something I forgot back when tibmaker made the retexture of the Black Horse Courier booksheet model for our "The Weekly Cuttle" was that we'd need a pageheader-type bookart for it too. The original broadsheet uses "textures\menus\book\broadsheetheader01.dds" as the pageheader, so please use that texture for reference. Smile

black[/hr]

Swirlwood replacements
Download reference files
The"swirlwood" textures from TES3 resemble ornate, carved wood. We use replacements for them already but the replacements look more like wood with precious metal inlay, which isn't close to the carved-wood effect they're meant to have nor does it resemble the original design. Swirlwood is used frequently on rich-style furniture and other extravagant items.

black[/hr]

Redoran Door Texture
I'd like to request a texture for the model "Meshes\ST\InRedSmCorrDoor.nif". In the next release the door will be animated, which is possible because I'm piggybacking it on a Bethesda nif. It's pretty much crucial to get an animated door to work, but it poses some restrictions. One of those restrictions in this case is that I'm only allowed to use one texture file, which the door model isn't set up for. So if you can, please make a planar texture that would fit on the silhouette of the door if viewed straight on, and then it'll look a far sight better than it does at the moment. Smile

black[/hr]

Plank
Something that has irked me while modelling is that we don't have a proper plank texture. Plenty of wood textures, and even some that look like the top/bottom of a plank, but they never come out looking right on the short sides - the short sides should look sawed-off, not smooth as the top/bottom sides as our current selection has.

The more inconspicious it is the better, so that we can use it in most situations. I would go back and update a lot of the wood mapping if a plank texture like that is created.

black[/hr]

Redoran Faction icons
This isn't a prio job, since it'll take some time until players can join House Redoran. But once they do, we need faction rank icons for them, similar to the icons found in Data\textures\menus\ stats\fighters_guild_ranks_icons. Use your discretion when creating them. House Redoran has eleven ranks;
Hireling, Retainer, Oathman, Lawman, Kinsman, House Cousin, House Brother, House Father, Councilman, Master, Arch-master.

black[/hr]

Black Anther Petal/Stem texture
I'd like to request new textures for the Black Anther petal and -stem.

Here's how the ones we use at the moment look:
[Image: th_BlackAntherTextureRequest.jpg]

Download 'em (if you like)

The problem with the petal texture is that it looks too close to the TES3 texture but at the same time looks different in the wrong way. The problem with the stem texture is, well, that it looks bad and unlike the stem texture should look like. To make things interesting the Black Anther never had a specific stem texture; like many other plants it just used the bittergreen stem texture. But - yep, you guessed it - our bittergreen stem texture looks too close to the original while at the same time looking different in the wrong way.

The stem texture should be 128x256. Please make it tall instead of broad, i.e. make 128 pixels wide and 256 pixels high. It should be midway between light grey and light brown in color and preferrably as bland and general as possible without looking bad -- like an everyday stem texture.

The petal texture should be 128x128. Please follow the way the texture we use looks (from the archive or at textures\ST\BlackAntherPetal.dds) except make it look better Big Grin

Thanks in advance.

black[/hr]
Finished jobs:

Dunmer potions texture request
SACarrow recently picked up the claim to model Dunmer potion bottles in the "Open job for modellers" thread but needs assistance from a texture artist to create the new textures.

The original textures from TES3 can be obtained from this archive. Please make your textures technically similar to them, as SACarrow is using those exact textures to map his potion bottles, but in higher quality. If you have any questions please PM him.

Tribunal art
I would like to request art of Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil for the shrine I'm modelling. You know, the ones you used to run into in tombs and temples that healed you or gave you temporary blessings. Here is an early WIP shot of the progress on it:

I think the pattern should look like black paint, alternatively look like it's been etched in metal. If you feel up to making the metal background as well that would be very nice, but if not then we have useable albeit not perfect alternative textures for the background.

It needs to be twice as high as it is wide. I think 256x512 would work well in this particular case, but if you can please supply higher-resolution versions as well. Never know when they'll be needed, but I know they would sooner or later.

If you could make it as a layer that would be superb. A bitmap with the pattern on white background would work well for instance. That way we can use the pattern of the icon on different backgrounds if we need to, like on a banner or tapestry.

Download reference files -here- in case you need them. It's the textures from TES3. The archive also includes art of the other saints since those would be highly useful, as TES3 had a whole host of saint shrines that granted various blessings. The tribunal icons are the most important ones however.

Graija Label
I would like to request a label texture for our local brand of comberry wine - Graija. Since modelling the bottles I've resorted to using a blank parchment texture, but now that there's been such progress lately and they both look and behave like real bottles I would really like this finishing touch added to them by way of a custom label texture. You're free to make it as you see fit, but a suggested motif is a stylized comberry plant (together with the b Graija naturally). It should be square and at least 128x128, but you can change that upwards depending on how beautiful and detailed your texture is.

A nice bonus would be if you made two additional varieties of the texture that only have to differ in how old they look, since we have three different bottles that are said to be of varying vintage. A sepia effect would be totally ok, but you can of course take it further if you yourself want to, by adding for instance tears, scratches, smudges and the like.

Winery shop banner
We need a new shop sign for Vaniken Ri's' vineyard in the same style as the other Redoran shop signs. Here's one for reference, if you don't have Reich Parkeep v9:
Download

Doubled metal border texture
I would like to request a replacement texture for "tx_dwrv_obsrv11.tga" from TES3. A copy of it is attached to this post. In our mod the texture has the filename "BorderMetalDoubled.dds".

How it came to be that I included it is a total mystery. It must have come from a Morrowind retexture pack, because I wouldn't have knowingly used a TES3 texture. But that only heightens the mystery since I wouldn't have used a texture that was supposed to look dwemer for general purpose as I've done.

The texture I would like shouldn't look anything like the original texture, since the original texture looks dwemer while the texture as it is used in our mod is used for general-purpose. But please use the same scale (twice as long as it is tall), and please make it a "metal double-border" texture, i.e. a metallic texture with a border both at the top and the bottom. It needs to tile seamlessly horisontally.

Thanks to TheImperialDragon for finding out this situation : )

black[/hr]

If you, as a member of Silgrad Tower and/or TES4: Vvardenfell, have an open texture job you'd like to see done, please post an informative description of the job as a reply to this thread and I'll repost it or link to your post in this initial post. The more informative it is, the more likely you are to get a response and get it the way you want it. When describing texture dimensions, the formula is "width x height".
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-15-2006, 05:03 AM,

Swirlwood replacements
Download reference files
The"swirlwood" textures from TES3 resemble ornate, carved wood. We use replacements for them already but the replacements look more like wood with precious metal inlay, which isn't close to the carved-wood effect they're meant to have nor does it resemble the original design. Swirlwood is used frequently on rich-style furniture and other extravagant items.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-15-2006, 07:35 PM,

for glass bottles, why doesn't someone use the stock textures from oblivion and remove the logo from the wine bottles?
Lol what?
08-23-2006, 12:25 AM,

I'd like to request a 128x128 or 256x256 beer texture, seen from the side. It needs to be tileable horisontally, so it can be wrapped around a cylindrical shape without a visible joint.

Not a beer bottle texture, but a texture of the actual liquid. I've googled my eyes out but naturally you won't see many sideways-perspective beer textures in the real world without glass in the way (and I have a glass texture in use already).

TIA.
Angel mired in filth
08-23-2006, 03:24 AM,

Would beer really even have a texture? I mean, beside it being a yellow-orangey brown.
-link-
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-23-2006, 03:25 AM,

Yeah, bubbles. Sorry for the short post, lol.
08-23-2006, 10:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
Would beer really even have a texture? I mean, beside it being a yellow-orangey brown.
-link-

I always start out googling for textures. In the initial post I said,
[...] but a texture of the actual liquid. I've googled my eyes out but naturally you won't see many sideways-perspective beer textures in the real world without glass in the way (and I have a glass texture in use already). [...]

By texture I mean an image file.
Angel mired in filth
08-24-2006, 03:18 PM,

[title]5. RopeHeavy01[/title]
Download DDS reference file
[Image: th_RopeHeavy01_theproblem.jpg]
I'd like to request a replacement for the texture "RopeHeavy01", which is in use in Reich Parkeep. The image illustrates the problem with it; it doesn't tile, so there's a noticeable and unrealistic joint. Other than that I don't think there's anything wrong with it, so if you want you might be able to edit the existing texture instead of creating a new one.

The existing texture has a transparant alpha layer. I'm not sure why. At any rate I don't see any use for it to behave like that, so please make your version of the texture flat instead. 256x64 is a good size.
Angel mired in filth
08-24-2006, 05:39 PM,

I'm going to try and make it tile without a seam, be beack in a little while with it.

EDIT: The color variation from side to side, as well as the rope strands themselves make this worthless for detailed tiling, Ill try and get another texture for it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-24-2006, 06:13 PM,

Didnt know whether you want beer for a glass or a bottle so i made one with foam and one without

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/2156/111av3.jpg
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me