Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for texturers
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM,

Seniosh: I've remade one of my daedric stone textures to fit the color of the west gash and also made a "rockydirt" version. I'm not sure how good it looks tiled but I'll send it to you anyway.

Most of the textures I've made are in 1024^2 since I've been thinking about using them for not gamerelated stuff too.

I've actually remade 6 daedric textures from morrowind (100% own pixels and some time ago now), so if there's anyone who feels the need for some daedric textures at some random place I could send the textures (as it's too large to upload here). I could improve them a bit if there's a need for that. They're all tileable.

Well... here are some pics (from 3ds max)
The tiling on the west gash textures looked allright after some minor altering by the way (but far from perfect). One daedric is missing in "daedrics" pic.

(many edits since I am really tired)
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
10-05-2007, 08:00 PM,

Alright, that was a quick response, and those textures are infinitely better than what we are using now!

The only thing that could possibly be improved is the texture on the left (i assume rocky dirt) could use a bit more rocks, and a slight bit more variation between light/dark. Other than that, they're everything i could ask for.

The west gash rock texture shouldn't really have to tile too much, cause it's being used on rocks. Try to get the rocky dirt texture to tile as well as possible (i haven't seen it tile, so i don't know how good it tiles currently). It kinda looks like you tried to get the rock texture and the rocky dirt texture to tile, which is unnecessary.

You really don't have to make any revisions if you don't want to, i'll take em as-is if you aren't feeling inspired to do further work. PM them to me, or set up a filefront link if they're too large.

I'll be away this weekend though, so i might not be able to respond promptly.

Thanks so much for those.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-05-2007, 09:07 PM,

On the pic with west gash textures they are both tiled 4*4. But sure, If needed I could try to make it tile a bit better. With more rocks, do you mean more rock underneath or like small loose rocks on it?

Good that the stone texture didn't need to be tiled. It's not tiling too good, but if needed, it can tile (always good to have that if it'll get used for other things).
10-05-2007, 09:22 PM,

a bit more rock underneath please, kinda showing through the dirt. perhaps some small pebbles, but just in general some spots that look like rock, mixed in with the dirt. Basically a bit more variation, at this point it's mostly just one color, but you should make some of it look like rocks, a bit lighter and darker

Look at the original texture i guess, i'm bad at description.

And the tiling looks pretty good. See if you can make it a bit better, cause now that i look, i can tell that it's tiled. It'll be applied over large areas of land, so tile it as best you are able (without too much work!)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM,

Seniosh: I've made 2 textures for west gash useage. Though I'd recommend using the dirt- texture mostly since that has much better tiling than the dirtandrock. It'is more noticably rocky but since I'm not good at editing stuff that's already been tiled once it didn't get as good for tiling (but I don't think it'll be too bad).

I'm sending them to your mail then it's all up to you how/if you use them. I want to know if something's bad so complain alot (if you feel like it Tongue).
10-10-2007, 01:46 AM,

VABG:
The textures are just what i wanted. The one problem is that my game yells at me and says they need to be 512x512 instead of 1024x1024.

Now i've never placed a landscape texture ingame before, so i don't know if i can ignore this, of if you have to cut it down to 512x512. Hope it doesn't involve too much work...

also, Razorwing:
Any specific name these should have? They'll be used for Dumac definitely, but i'm not sure what other regions need West Gash textures, and don't want to mislabel these as dumac only.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM,

It's safe to override landscape texture sizes - some of Qarls weigh in at an insane 4096x4096 - but I don't think it's wise to do that from an FPS point-of-view. But if the large dds files are optional, for instance separated into a folder of the next release, then we'd have the best of both worlds. High-end users can play with the hires textures while lower-end users won't have to suffer the FPS hit from them.

It's probably best if they're Dumac-only, just so that the future steward of the overall Ashunor Valley gets to decide what landscape textures he wants to use. He might very well want to use them though, and in that case I don't suppose it matters much that they're called Dumac since the player couldn't tell the difference Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-10-2007, 09:06 AM,

I guess this means that I'll have to resize and resend. Resizing it now. Sending it soon.
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM,

Alright, i've got the textures and they look great in the CS. The tiling looks pretty good, and i think it conjures up morrowind much more than the old textures we were using. The Rockydirt texture however needs a bit tweaking-

Can you try to make it a bit darker overall? The old texture had more black veins, and the rocky parts were not quite as bright as yours (they tended to be darker greys and browns) It's just too light currently.

@Razorwing:
The rocks we were using for Dumac were "west gash" rocks, which unfortunately did not look like their morrowind counterparts. These textures were made as oblivion versions of the west gash textures, so should i create an entire new set of rocks? or can i just change the textures for the existing west gash set.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-10-2007, 09:49 PM,

I've made the changes. It's now darker, better tiling and got some dark vein-ish bits (quite difficult to make longer not-completely-obvious-tiling veins so they're all short). It looks a lot more like the texture from morrowind now. Sending both 1024 version and 512 just in case. The normal map should still be allright, if not complain again. Sending... NOW!