Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for texturers
10-15-2007, 03:43 PM,

here's what I made of stendarr's tapestry. the icons on the site were really hard to make so I didn't remake them. If there's someone more skilled than me to remake those, please do. This was the hardest one for me to do.

oh and Razorwing. I'll e-mail you the .dds file's ok?

Please tell me if you've received th files because, again, they may be too big.
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM,

I got the texture, thanks n00biepl0x!

Seniosh: Best to retexture the rocks in that case because I want them to stay the same in Reich Parkeep.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-26-2007, 12:28 PM,

Razorwing, I sent you the Zenithar Tapestry.

Edit 2007.11.04 12:08
I think I won't be able to finish my assignment for a few weeks, because I'm very busy right now, ok?
11-04-2007, 11:28 AM,

No rush, take your time Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-22-2008, 09:55 AM,

Ehm, did I already make the Zenithar? Anyway, here's the finished product totally finished.

And here are the totally finished files for download:
[strike]http://www.mediafire.com/?4mydbdj2gx1[/strike]
06-24-2008, 03:59 PM,
RE: Open jobs for texturers
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Mip-map modification of RedoranWallZarf01.dds
I'm currently remaking Soluthis' city walls, replacing the weird walls I made with modified and resized versions of Caligula Superfly's citywalls.

I'm using RedoranWallZarf01.dds as the main wall texture. I like the texture itself, but it really needs some mipmap work done to it because if you tile it several times and then look at it from a distance you can see repeating patterns in it. Perhaps all that's needed is to make the mipmaps fuzzier. I don't have the competence to work on mipmaps myself though, so I'd like to request someone more skilled in texturing help me with that

Here's my new version of the Redoran wall if it wasn't completed already. It's a completely new texture and it's my first project that has to tile, so I don't know if it's good enough. Anyway, please take a look at it:
[strike]http://www.mediafire.com/?rc11zi93nus[/strike]
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM,

When a surface is lit up in Oblivion, it's only lit up as far as the color texture allows. If the texture is light, then it can light up from being pitch dark in a darkly lit room to being as bright as the texture is - but if a texture is dark, then it won't ever light up. It's strange I didn't notice this before. :eek:

So when you place a light on a poor Dunmer table everything will light up - the walls, the stuff on the table, etc - except the table itself, as it uses a very dark wood texture. Many of our textures come from Morrowind retexture packs, and naturally in Morrowind that wasn't a concern because things didn't really light up the way they do in Oblivion.

So I would like to request one really good, tileable, wood texture we can use to replace the dark texture on our poor Dunmer furniture. Or maybe if you've seen such a texture and would like to recommend it you could post a link to it? I've got hundreds of wood textures but not many of them would qualify as a texture that can be used on furniture and of those that do I don't suppose any are better than the ones we already have.

If you do want to make one it should preferrably be 2048x2048 pixels, tile in all four directions, and look on par with Oblivion texture's aesthetic quality. A sweet bonus would be a ring texture (like on a sawed-off trunk), and a border texture that could be used for instance along the rim of a table's slab.
Angel mired in filth
10-30-2008, 04:47 PM,

Working on that one. But the vertical tile isn't just right...
10-31-2008, 05:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
When a surface is lit up in Oblivion, it's only lit up as far as the color texture allows. If the texture is light, then it can light up from being pitch dark in a darkly lit room to being as bright as the texture is - but if a texture is dark, then it won't ever light up. It's strange I didn't notice this before. :eek:
[...]

Here's the wood file. If I'm right the tiling is perfect.
[strike]http://rapidshare.com/files/159383599/Tiling_Tablewood.zip.html[/strike]

And here's a preview of the tiling with 4 times the image (but it's 16 times smaller):
[Image: th_woodtileexample.jpg]
04-14-2009, 07:35 PM,

Err, what happened to the rest of this thread?