Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orangung, New Races of Tang Mo
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM,
Orangung, New Races of Tang Mo
I don't know if anyone has seen this one or would care to use it but I figured I would throw it out there.

Orangung

Mod Description
Quote:The Orangung are an orangutan race. They and their cousins - the Yehranghi, the Gorijang'la, and the Babangro - derive from Simeriji; a section of islands that belong to the nation of Tang Mo. Bare with me, I am still working on the mod, so there will be more to come - lots more.

I personally love my Tang Mo so I won't be changing but these ape versions are well done for the most part...
Akavir mod BETA tester
06-11-2007, 04:18 PM,

I have never seen this mod before, i think they could be helpfull, but i would like to know what other people think of the new Tang Mo before i will consider using them (if we decide to use them, we will stick with our own Tang Mo names and lore).
They look very ape like, very well made (i don't like the baboon, but the rest is awesome).

Thanks for the link :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
I have never seen this mod before, I think they could be helpfull, but I would like to know what other people think of the new Tang Mo before I will consider using them (if we decide to use them, we will stick with our own Tang Mo names and lore).
They look very ape like, very well made (i don't like the baboon, but the rest is awesome).

Very ape-like. Not a bad look but Grim's Tang Mo is closer to what I would've imagined for a monkey race. I do not believe they have tails but I may download it and make a quick character to let you know what I think...

EDIT: New thread on TES Official forums regarding it has finally popped up.

Orangung and Cousins, Discussion about the Orangung and their cousins.
Akavir mod BETA tester
06-12-2007, 12:14 AM,

Yeah, make a quick character, and tell us what you think of it, tails can be added, so that's no problem at all.

I'm going to check out that discusion.

EDIT: the "Orangung" seems to be the most usefull of the races.
Akavir mod leader.
06-13-2007, 01:39 AM,
RE: Orangung, New Races of Tang Mo
Quite well done.

But, I think beacuse of the shear number of Tang-Mo subspecies that can be out there, these "non-standerd" breeds should be confined as NPCs only.
"If Left is Right, and Right is left, Which way is up?"
06-14-2007, 04:26 AM,
RE: Orangung, New Races of Tang Mo
Quote:Originally posted by Mortazo
Quite well done.

But, I think beacuse of the shear number of Tang-Mo subspecies that can be out there, these "non-standerd" breeds should be confined as NPCs only.

We are seriously considering that option Mortazo. Too many races can get a tad confusing. And if they really want to play it, they can go download that race. We will be giving credit to everyone who had any input into this mod.
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM,

I have never seen this mod before, I think they could be helpfull, but I would like to know what other people think of the new Tang Mo before I will consider using them (if we decide to use them, we will stick with our own Tang Mo names and lore).

As long as they aren't too contradictory with the current lore, I think using them as NPC's would be a great idea. It gives the Tang Mo race more diversity. Rather than just having the basic brown coloring on the Tang Mo, maybe making a white colored Tang Mo to go along with the additionof the orange Tang Mo would be cool, and maybe several shades of brown. Because if you think about, the Ka Po really diverse in appwarance from almost completely dragon to completely tiger, but the Tang Mo really don't diverse much in appearance. I dunno, just my two cents.
Akavir mod texturer and race modder
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM,

We had planned a white Tang Mo since the beginning of our mod, so i think we can use it.
Hmmm... i can't remember who made the Ka Po race :confused:
Akavir mod leader.
06-14-2007, 10:32 PM,

lol, Ysne did most the work, though Orodromis and I attempted at it, lol.

But I was wondering if the white Tang Mo had been textured yet, cause if not, I could give it a go.
Akavir mod texturer and race modder
06-15-2007, 02:06 AM,

We had planned a white Tang Mo since the beginning of our mod, so I think we can use it.
Hmmm... I can't remember who made the Ka Po race :confused:

Alienslof might be doing a new white tiger Khajiit with whiskers. With the new glowing Argonian Eyes, equipable Dremora horns and Alexander?s Bat-like wings, you could make quite a nice Ka Po Tun.

I was waiting for her new texture to do a Ka Po companion for Basho. I've been kind of planning a graphic story of how he came to Tamriel. Nothing written yet, but I have a lot of it in my head... Wink
Akavir mod BETA tester