Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please no fast travel!
08-20-2007, 07:12 PM,
Please no fast travel!
Fast travel may be convenient and it may be optional but it ruins the adventuring and the realism. In my opinion the reason why fast traveling worked in oblivion is because horses were hard to control, not THAT much faster and lets not forget you can run around for three hours and only encounter probably 3 caves and a wolf or two.

The reason fast travel won't work in something like Morrowind or any kind of total conversion is because the game is based a lot of just traveling the huge world and finding things for yourself, it gives you a lot more to do and it's what most people enjoyed about Morrowind and most people can agree it was a bad idea in Oblivion.

Fast travel is "optional" but it's just staring you in the face the whole time and hard to resist just to make things go quicker or easier although it would be less fun. Silt Striders are perfect, fast travel for a price and you have to find the place first and it's much more realistic. Not to mention Oblivion was easily beat within 10-15 hours of gameplay and left you unsatisfied because you basically skimmed through the whole game.

That is all for now, I'll get back to this soon.
08-20-2007, 07:49 PM,
RE: Please no fast travel!
I don't know about the Vvardenfell mod, but the Akavir mod won't have fast travel, i think it's immersion breaking, besides, i want people to see our work.
Akavir mod leader.
08-20-2007, 07:55 PM,

Well I think that if this project has a master file, people will be able to mod it easily. So even if FT is included, someone will eventually make a plug-in to disable it. Big Grin
Co-leader of Project Solstheim-Vvardenfell-Mournhold
Experienced Modders Welcomed to Join
sovvmteam@yahoo.com
08-20-2007, 08:22 PM,

I say include fast travel. If you don't like it, don't use it. I believe the Vvar team was using Morrowind's style of fast travel though, with silt striders, boats, and mages guild travel.

I don't like it when people put down fast travel. I like using fast travel, and I shouldn't be denied it's use just because a few people decide they don't want to use it. Include fast travel and everyone wins.
Lol what?
08-20-2007, 08:30 PM,

Since it's optional to use anyway, I don't necessarily see why it shouldn't be included. Some people use fast travel a lot (I do, for example), and while I know I'm missing out on other things because of it, I'd simply rather get to where I want to be without traveling for ages. It might be immersion breaking for some people, and if that's the case, you aren't forced to use it.

-Hidden

That's right. Smile We do have a Master File, a modification could be made easily enough, I guess.
08-20-2007, 10:06 PM,

Include. I also fasttravel for 2 reasons:

1) My PC sucks, the wilderness is laggy and not to much fun, I do ride occasionally.

2) When I'm exiting a dungeon filled with loot there's no point in fighting bandits from which I can'[t carry nothing so I fasttravel back to the nearest town.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-21-2007, 03:24 AM,
RE: Please no fast travel!
Wh-WHAT?!

There should be a separate .esp at least ALLOWING us, Kodama!! I have a 6150Le, and traveling takes 5 times longer! Seriously!!!
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
08-21-2007, 07:57 PM,

there'll be fast travel, but it won't be that easy to access or expensive...
OR like say the silt strider, there'll possibly be a real time travel riding the strider but will easily be 3x the speed of the character...
08-21-2007, 08:15 PM,

as far as issues concerning the point of having a slit strider over fast travel there are a few things you can do to make both useful

1. Make slit striders ridable (I doubt it) ur persuasion fails at a cost of 23 disposition... naturally if they are ridable the people might want to have fun riding them...
2. If they are ridable, include fighting against with other slit strider. I know it sounds rude, but it might be a fun thing to include. just don't shove it in the anime big mech fight category and we all should be fine.
3. Make them cost less or more or something... or here's a thought, Include HUNGER and FATIGUE needs and make them increase while fast travelling (Because that's the real disadvantage of walking) (no wonder everyone likes playing oblivion you have infinite ability to walk)

And here are my Geometric proofs
4. I walked into best buy and considered also going into other local vendors just to get some water
5. Physical weakness is inherent therefore we need to administer it's importance in the game.
6. they've done that in morrowind it would have ruled furthermore.
7. Last night I could barely walk with just how much pain my left foot was in. Seriously, I had to hop on my right around the house. And treating it with peroxcide didn't help much either.

Anyway fast travel can be in the game as long as included are inherent penalties.

Then riding a strider or taking a boat, blimp or whatever form of communication you can come up with (there are many, I personally perfer the catapult) are inherently beneficial to all.

Bravo, cheer cheer!
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM,

I never really figured how's the Strider moving through small passages, he's like 100 feet high and about 50 wide