Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Quests MISC
01-13-2006, 10:39 PM,

Of course. Any ideas that you have for quests can be written and shared. We need many ideas. Wink
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
03-03-2006, 01:06 AM,

if your wondering(which your probably not :eekSmilei have many small-side-guest-like things. harikari was even interested in some of them. and believe me thats harder to achieve than it seems. ive got anything from "kill the kwama queen" to "survive the cannibal forest". Confusedhrug:
i know they sound a little dumb right now but they would need to be further exclaimed. so if you want me to further explain my small-side-quest-like things let me know. :deal:
I know, I know... it has been a while...
03-03-2006, 01:34 AM,

Sure, go right ahead Roger :goodjob:

Any quest can turn out good or bad depending on how it's carried out in the actual mod, I think. I don't see why a quest revolving a band of cannibals in a forest couldn't be made to work. But with an extraordinary quest like that I think one needs to put a lot more thought into it so it doesn't seem out-of-place.

For instance, the creational myth behind Orcs is that (more or less) their God was eaten by another God and when the God... came out... his followers were changed to the Orcs we know today. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Orc cult who hung up themselves on that myth, and see cannibalism as a way of re-enacting their race's inception. That's just a random idea though, but I do think ideas like that can be made to work, if the context and setup makes sense.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-03-2006, 02:14 AM,

... and roger has plenty of experience with daedric stuff...
03-03-2006, 10:49 AM,

I have seen the Daedric Shrine you two put together for your Seducer Quest, great stuff!

As to the question of putting together Quests, and banging them into shape, I think that is part of my job as you cannot have grammar without context - so shove in loads-of-ideas, and we will go through them to find the ones that work best - and hopefully pass the 'Skull Test!'

- and don't worry about silly - if silly works its in, if not, why worry? :yes:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-03-2006, 11:41 AM,

Well you do have to have easter eggs and comic relief Big Grin

But i do need to finish my ruin...

Anyway, how about a quest where you have to help imperial guards solve a murder? Ive always loved quests like this, and with radiant AI you can actually stalk people and see where they are going ( then get them in a dark alley)
03-13-2006, 09:03 PM,

Don't know this would be useful to anyone:, it's a list of some rpg plots. Every game I've played there was a #17 "Look, but don't touch" type of quest/plot. pretty funny
"... creatures can survive by eating the fungi and mold which grow on the dungeon's walls and floors." -the sensible dungeon, "Mmmmm"
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM,
Castle in your Quest?
So this dude, professor richard holmes, tells us all the wacky and cool stuff about castles: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/lostempires...astle.html The nova show is really cool to watch if you haven't seen it. They try to build a trebuchet and fire it to see if they can demolish a real castle wall.

Wierd but true:

- When the lord/lady/king/queen weren't around to govern castle life then the constable was in charge.

- The castle was more like a large household then a place-of-work, with the more important and cherished people in the community living and working in the castle.

- Supply and availability of clean water was an issue. Usually someone's job to make sure people had water. It's why they didn't bathe much, to conserve water.

- Workers in the castle often shared living space and didn't have their own rooms. People often slept in the great hall where the main fire burned.

- Jester, juggler, tumbler, troubadour, board games, sports. Entertainment was a big thing in medieval life. Brightened up grim everyday life.

- Hunting on horseback, falconry helped produce food for the town.

- Beer (small beer) wanted for pouring in water to sanitize for drinking.

- Castles normally had a reserve of food, in case of siege, winter, etc.

- Food staple was wheat/bread, like saltrice or wickwheat?
"... creatures can survive by eating the fungi and mold which grow on the dungeon's walls and floors." -the sensible dungeon, "Mmmmm"
04-22-2006, 07:04 PM,
An idea
How about a quest like the one on Dark brotherhood, exept you are not murderer, but one of the guests. But the murderer has some personal reasons for this, not like in the "Ten little niggers" book.

It could begin in some town. There's slighly mad person, living in a manor. He comes to you, asking for your help. He wants you to kill people who he dislikes. If you refuse, he'll just go away but you'll get invitation from him, to party in his house. If you choose to help, you just kill them and get reward of 5000 gold.

In the party, the guy is not on the place. The doors get locked. Little fear gets in to the guests. You sleep in certain bed. In the morning they talk about murder, one of the guests is dead. Then one by one they get killed, until there is only 3 of you left. Then you find one dead on bed, and you lock the door. Then you sit with the last guest in the living room. You go to basement, becouse the last guest asked you to get bottle of wine. Then the basement door gets locked. You hear a scream. You lockpick the door, or get the key from a table in the basement.

Once you are upstairs, you see the 3rd guest. He attacks the last guest, and kills him/her. Then he comes for you, and you kill him, get the key and escape. Then you tell the authority, and get a little coin.
Opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one and they all stink.
- Unknown toilet phiilosophist