Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quest Dicussion] Dwemer Mine
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM,

In the Shivering Ilses expansion there was 2 ores introduced among with molds, the player could bring certain amount of ore and a mold to the Blacksmith and recieve a piece of armor or a weapon, depending on the mold and ore. Perhaps someone could do a script based on those that would do the same thing?

We could hide the molds around dumac and add a ghostly blacksmith who would forge the armor pieces and weapons, then have the mines to be used to get the ore needed, naturally the ore's would replenish over time. Also this armor could be the enchanted version, if we want the normal one to be found in dumac containers. This could be made to be the only way to get enchanted Dwemer Armor.
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by captain-ultima
Perhaps someone could do a script based on those that would do the same thing?

Who did you have in mind? Wink

I dont like the idea of having a ghost blacksmith, this would overwork the idea of having ghosts, though I do agree with finding the moulds :yes:. After thinking about it, it maybe best to give the option of moulding the enchanted equipment, some people prefer to do it themselves.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM,

Yeah, Just tought that one ghost among the good ones ind the industrial area could have been the one to do them, but then if that seems too mushc the other idea would be that we could put a forge to the industrial area script it to consume a mold and and specific amount of ore, this way the player could forge them himself, tough i like the idea of the ghost since i remember from the lore that the art of crafting Dwemer armor was lost with the dwemer thats why the armor's are so rare these days. So it would make sence for only a Dwemer to be able to craft them. If it's the issue of how would a ghost be able to touch materialized object's many series have shown for ghosts to be able to do so, even elder scrolls, how else would they be able to touch the player? And the ghost could be slighty deluded and be thinking that it's crafting the armor for another dwemer.
12-04-2008, 08:01 PM,

I like the whole idea you posted there about the skill to craft the armor has been lost along with the dwemer. We have not got a final placement scheme for the ghosts so I think we should have one put aside for you Smile

I prefer not using too many of them, but one here would be good becuase of the need to have a dwemer craft the armor and weapons.

So I agree with you captain, we should have one here :goodjob:

You changed my opinion X(

Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-04-2008, 08:14 PM,

I tought you would see things my way Big Grin
Seriously tough, im just pitching my few cent's of knowledge about the dwemer here. Indeed one is plenty enough for the crafting idea.

I recon it would need to be done viea a questlike system, cant quite remember how they were done in SI. But it think you got a quest update.

I havent done any quests at all, so i dont think i can do a working system for this. But i would be more than happy to make 3D models for the molds, texture them and prep a armor for use.
12-04-2008, 08:20 PM,

You can model? Damn would you be willing to work on the synthesis machine sometime. Its a major thing for our city and we have had problems getting it made.

Anyway if you are willing to make the moulds, textures and prep work then please do, it will be appreciated.

I will work on the scripts, its what I do best. Well for DC anyway Smile

Im not at my PC at the moment, any chance you can find the scripts and post them up as a txt format so I can take a look?

If not dont worry, I will be at my PC later hopefully and will take a look.
12-04-2008, 08:36 PM,

Yup, i can model, a bit atleast, Basic stuff i can do pretty well. Objects wich need work with skeleton such as armors my 3d studio wont agree to work on those.

Has someone started on the synthesis machine already or is there some concept? It would be easyer for me to work start work based on either of those.

If youd like to take a peek Heres my gallery, it contains pics of stuff i have made for OB and Silgrad

I dont have SI installed currently as i work with Silgrad, i dont want it to interfere with anything, but ill see what i can do. Tough if you can take a look yourself when you have time i think it would be easyer that way.
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM,

Well the synthesis machine started as a concept by Rickious, he also started to model it but from what I remember he did not like it and wanted to restart it. So I will dig around and find more information for you about that.

Its no bother you dont have SI installed, I will take a look when i get chance. I agree it will be better that way.

I also took a look at your gallery, you have pretty descent skills there, I think with a bit more time you could model anything you like, form what I have heard once you master the basics its all downhill from there.

Back on topic, if you are willing to do the moulds, it would help us, at least from the point of uniqueness, we wont have to re-use ob stuff.
12-04-2008, 08:51 PM,

If the player has to retrieve moulds for the ghostly blacksmith, that means even *more* questing =) I do like the idea, though i think that it should take a large amount of time and effort for the player to get his own personal dwemer blacksmith. We're talking several different quests that the player should go through.

A quest to fix the mines, several quests dealing with the ghosts as pre-requisites, a quest to find the moulds, and then a quest to get the blacksmith to make armor for you.

It's also much more simple to implement than the synthesis machine - all we need are moulds, existing machinery, and a simple exchange script.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
12-04-2008, 08:54 PM,

I agree its easier than the synthesis machine, though the hardest bit of the machine is the script, which is very complicated.

Back on topic:

What about all the quests mentioned being part of one quest ie, a multi-part quest for the mine. We could have a large mine in multiple sections and each part of the quest is in one part of the mine.