Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question 2 of 10 146 About the Dreugh
08-07-2006, 08:04 AM,

Land Dreugh is a state of the Sea Dreugh.... when the Dreugh is in the state called Karvinasim they can walk on land...
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-07-2006, 08:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
Land Dreugh is a state of the Sea Dreugh.... when the Dreugh is in the state called Karvinasim they can walk on land...

Are you sure? Because I could almost swear I read somewhere that the Land Dreugh are semi-related to ordinary Dreugh in the sense that their Anatomy is almost distinct from each other and they are the same because the Dreugh wax found on the Land Dreugh has the same effects as Sea Dreugh... Or was it the other way around?
08-07-2006, 08:31 AM,

I choose to trust the Old Ways on this.. (identification spell ,Psijic's)

Quote:Once during their lifetimes dreugh undergo a fascinating transformation known as karvinasim: For one year, dreugh are able to live on land. Once the term comes to completion they return to the water and meff, or consume the organs needed for terrestrial life. They vomit out this material in the form of little balls called grom.
08-07-2006, 08:38 AM,

Probably not the same as land dreugh, and they don't make an appearance in MW, and Sea Dreugh do not make an appearance in OB... Hmm...
08-07-2006, 08:45 AM,

I still trust the Psijic's on it... and Sotha Sil...

"It's grom," said Lilatha, uncertainly. "What the dreugh meff after they've k-k-kr-krevinasim."

"Karvinasim, but very good, nonetheless," said Sotha Sil. "Now, tell me, what does that mean?"

Quote:Once during their lifetimes dreugh undergo a fascinating transformation known as karvinasim: For one year, dreugh are able to live on land. Once the term comes to completion they return to the water and meff, or consume the organs needed for terrestrial life. They vomit out this material in the form of little balls called grom.

And they mostly do it on the same time...

Quote: Sotha Sil
In this case, this ball is indeed grom, which is a substance created by the dreugh, an underwater race in the north and western parts of the continent. For one year of their life, they undergo karvinasim when they walk upon the land. Following that, they return to the water and meff, or devour the skin and organs they needed for land-dwelling. Then they vomit it up into little balls like this. Grom. Dreugh vomit."
08-08-2006, 03:33 AM,

Hmmm

Maybe Altmer names won't work so well, if you base it on the Standard Altmer type name.
Since Altmer get thier names from the ancestry/heritage and most of the world as we see it now was not as it was in the beginning

We would definitly need a foundation for that first,
city names, places of importance to their culture etc etc

I am thinking...if the dreugh are another race which either developed alongside the Ehlnofey on another planet or they are another form of Ehlnofey, it is quite possible that part of their decline could have been due to their new world, maybe in their original home which was mostly water they were able to advance more rapidly then the other race (assuming their was another) but coming to their new home , Nirn they found a complete turn around, the land creatures were able to "catch up"

maybe thats why they turned to Molag Bal to help them maintain their dominence over the other races, which eventually failed
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-08-2006, 02:03 PM,

actually... that's a very good theory bob :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by ADCK
As far as I can tell, they can't speak at all. Maybe they once did, but have since lost the ability, Look at the Land Dreugh in TES4, they're not much more than a crab with a torso and head, They don't use weapons, and can't use magic, and are slow and stupid.

Whatever they once were, is long gone, they are now no more intelligent than a lobster.

Geeze, give the people one Talking Mudcrab, and everyone thinks all crustaceans can talk... Tongue
if they can't talk they communicate some other way... and there is a land form of Dreugh and a aquatic form... just like tadpoles and frogs... different stages of the life-cycle...

and you tell me they are no more intelligent than a lobster? no... go do research... talk about it again once you've done as much research then we can discuss Dreugh better.... no sense in discussing if I gotta tell you you are wrong
then the discussion not as interesting :yes:
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM,

Maybe they dont talk...its possible that the sound they make is a type of sonar to detect other creatures, their communication with each other could be telepathic (I know not of these things) just possiblities

I have never seen a land dreugh...must be from earlier games
If in fact this is a form of the sea-going type, an earlier stage of life, this would account for their behavior, being young, un-intelligent and agressive
their primary goal would be to survive until they matured enough to enter the waters or evolving rapidly, becoming more dependent on water to survive

I have read that they go through a process at a point in their life where they must leave the water to dwell on land, ( karvinasim ) maybe this is the "Land Dreugh"

08-08-2006, 04:15 PM,

yeah... they begin in water... then morph to go on land.. thi sis a survival and mating stage... then return to the sea after having honed their survival skills and cunning and mated... that's what Karvanism is I think
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM,

I haven't read anything on it, just that they go through it at a certain point in the life cycle, could be mating, maybe its to lay eggs, theirs lots of water critters that do that, turtles, crabs etc. etc. Little is known about this so its all open Smile