Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question 2 of 10 146 About the Dreugh
08-09-2006, 12:03 AM,

The land Dreugh are heavily degenerate from regular sea Dreugh.
08-09-2006, 02:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
The land Dreugh are heavily degenerate from regular sea Dreugh.
yeah.... think of it like an adolensence... like elephants when they are "teenagers" they go through some stage making them very irrational and aggressive even though normally they are smart and cautious creatures
08-09-2006, 02:14 AM,

as I said to someone somewhere on ESForums...
trust a novice Cyrodiilic observer or a Psijic studying the life and paths of organisms...
I trust the Psijic....

as for species.... there see to be greatest concentrations of Dreugh around the Iliac, the Sea of Ghosts, Inner Sea, and Nibenay
08-09-2006, 03:23 AM,

I merged the 2 Threads Big Grin

I think were all in agreement then that the land and water dreugh are one in the same

I tend to agree with K on their Karvanism taking place during change from adolesence to adulthood, a point in their lives when they become totally dependent on water, (possibly) mating takes place during this time and then they return to the waters to live out the remained of their days

Any ideas on how long they live?
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-09-2006, 08:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
actually... that's a very good theory bob :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by ADCK
As far as I can tell, they can't speak at all. Maybe they once did, but have since lost the ability, Look at the Land Dreugh in TES4, they're not much more than a crab with a torso and head, They don't use weapons, and can't use magic, and are slow and stupid.

Whatever they once were, is long gone, they are now no more intelligent than a lobster.

Geeze, give the people one Talking Mudcrab, and everyone thinks all crustaceans can talk... Tongue
if they can't talk they communicate some other way... and there is a land form of Dreugh and a aquatic form... just like tadpoles and frogs... different stages of the life-cycle...

and you tell me they are no more intelligent than a lobster? no... go do research... talk about it again once you've done as much research then we can discuss Dreugh better.... no sense in discussing if I gotta tell you you are wrong
then the discussion not as interesting :yes:
I have, and I can say this clearly and without a strand of doubt: From MY years of observations of the druegh, they have de-evolved from thier once sentient species.

During Sotha Sils time, yes they were sentient, but now (in the end of the Third Era and begining of the Forth Era of Nirn) they are no more intelligent than a mud crab.

Show me one example of an Intelligent, sentient species of Druegh from the present timeline (circa Forth Era) and I'll change my tune on this matter.

As it currently stands, they are not a civilisation of sentient beings, but a race of animal.

Perhaps they do communicate through a form of sonar, but so do bats, that doesn't make them intelligent.

I havn't studied the Lore? The lore is irellivant, even Bethesda no longer go by their lore. (Play Oblivion to further understand this)
And I don't need to study the lore of a video game i've played well over five-hundred hours of, because I've played it.
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM,

Howdy

You do have a valid point

Bethesda doesn't follow their own lore. obviously!

Their is no indication of any intelligent dreugh in TES3 or TES4 <(not known by me, havent played yet)

Their isn't much written about them

So were actually making the lore Smile as lots of people do

The point of this discussion is to learn and understand their origin and culture, using the little bits of information given in books and articles throughout ES records as a base, we can come up with a realistic and believable lore about them

=)

08-09-2006, 06:11 PM,

every observation, even those of that guy in TES4... say that the water Dreugh is a very intelligent and dangerous creature while its land form is brutal and aggressive...

but I will trust what you say on Oblivion not totally following its own lore...

and I did not say they did not degenerate... I think it is quite possible their race was unable to cope with the rise of Mer and man and the land areas becoming very dangerous for aquatic creatures... I think that what it is is that their once great civilizations have become feral...
sorta like how once the Mayans lived in great cities in the Classic Era but since then they have lived int he more ancient and ancestral way in small hamlets...
so the Dreugh may have lived in great civilization, but their people grew wild and feral as their centers of learning and magics and power were destroyed or abandoned...
08-09-2006, 09:50 PM,

My thoughts exactly

It seems as I indicated before once they found their new home on Nirn, the other civilizations advancing at a greater rate then they. and they wars, the loss of Molag Bal influence, all rolled up, put their race on a downward spiral, giving us what we have today.

This does not mean they do not have intelligence, maybe its just they wont communicate or give any quarter to the land dwellers for the above reasons, their pissed at mer and men, its possible they still have a civilization hidden beneath the surface, one never knows

Even if they dont it doesnt mean we cant discuss the possibilites
make lore, artifacts, underwater ruins things that have not been found, obscure, hidden secrets of the past and have fun doing it :yes:

08-10-2006, 08:41 PM,

Perhaps like the Mayans they have always been this way... but had great civilizations at one time... and now maybe they have secret holds of learning and power deep beneath the waves...

but yeah, we can discuss it all...
08-11-2006, 02:30 AM,

Cool.

Yah, I wouldn't be surprized if their were still some that maintained the civilisation in some underground lake/ocean very plausable.
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com