Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the TES3 mod
05-14-2006, 12:51 AM,
Questions about the TES3 mod
Finally made it to Gnaar Mok, ran in to those pirates, got a death sentance and had to kill all the guards.......... my bounty went away (like it's suppose to) However I was also expelled from House Hlaalu and it hasnt gone away

Can this be fixed or is it just collateral damage ?

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-14-2006, 01:28 AM,

Dont worry about it. i believe all you have to do is pay a fee and they will let you join back
05-14-2006, 01:40 AM,
RE: Expelled from Guild
I believe you are correct

however I have another problem, thats is still persisting, none of the NPC's will talk to me at all, I have waited and waited and waited and nothing, no talking

05-14-2006, 02:48 AM,
Well I continued to wait, no avail, so I will resort to plan B: Avoid Gnaar Mok, and just fly over to Silgrad do my thing over their..... I know at some point I might have to visit/or pass through Gnaar Mok and at that Time I will just kill everyone, pay the bounty and talk to someone in the Hlaalu House to get re-instated........ good plan.......... unless their is a specific reason WHY I have to travel their via ship. Is their something about the method of getting to the Island that makes all the quests come into play?

Thanks
Bob

05-14-2006, 03:03 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Well I continued to wait, no avail, so I will resort to plan B: Avoid Gnaar Mok, and just fly over to Silgrad do my thing over their..... I know at some point I might have to visit/or pass through Gnaar Mok and at that Time I will just kill everyone, pay the bounty and talk to someone in the Hlaalu House to get re-instated........ good plan.......... unless their is a specific reason WHY I have to travel their via ship. Is their something about the method of getting to the Island that makes all the quests come into play?

Thanks
Bob

Nope, nothing will be affected by skipping the pirate ship quest. Playing through it once (and then reverting to an old save) could be fun though, because there's a few very interesting scripts in play, and it's the only place I know of where we used voice work. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-14-2006, 10:52 AM,
I have found that there are some NPCs that are important but who will always be hostile, so I never give them the chance if I want something from them.

Method: Creep up invisibly, or using high stealth, release stealth and space to talk, go directly to persuasion menu and use extreemly high communication skills or bribe them to increase their receptivity, and take their opinion of me up to the high seventies or eighties, then w/out leaving the personal interaction menu get trained, pay the fine, convers, whatever.

Try it on a guard, or the local lord... see what happens...

Myself, as I am developing a character who will eventually be either simply an Ashlander, or go to join up at Aul'Ruhn I hope to have my skills, attributes and enchantments up high enough before I go to Gnar Mok so that I can dispose of the Pirates and loot them...but first I will check out how to get the dual weapon skill (with another mod or in-game) so that I have a use for the nice little swords I have heard of. Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM,
Very Confused could use alittle info
I have been playing morrowind for the last year or so, I love the game and especially the user mods. lots of great ones out their, I heard about Silgrad Tower, decided to download it and at some point install it. I did that bout 2 months ago, started a new game and included Silgrad. I waited awhile before going to the Island, wanted to make sure I was high enough level. Now level 60 I figure I would go to Gnaar Mok and give it a try, As I indicated in a previous post, I had trouble with the NPC's dialog, no one would talk to me, so I decided to fly over and avoid Gnaar Mok completely, I did, walked around the Island and made it to Silgrad Tower, talked to some folks, did some things, found the work board in the west part of the city, and did some "work" no problems, I took a trip up north to Riech Parkeep, found out about a guard who was missing, decided to try that quest, got to the point were I was to go door to door asking about a piece of clothing, but I couldnt get anyone to talk to me about it, and I have been around the entire town for the last 2 hours talking to everyone....

So I starting looking on this site and checking a few other sites to find info on this quest and found nothing

However from reading some things in this forum and other forums, I have come to the conclusion that Silgrad Tower is still a WIP, Is that correct? and that I may not have the correct version installed (silgrad tower release 1-4_3 full)< what I have...

Also that their are many broken quests, could the guards death investiagation be one of them?

Sorry bout such a long post, but I am lost

Thanks
Bob

05-14-2006, 08:40 PM,
RE: Very Confused could use alittle info
I have yet to do any ST quests myself, but I will be keeping an eye on your thread to see what is going on if only because I intend to play ST through. As I understand it you have the current download (though Harakiri has a quest in progress to add which I am eagerly looking forward to as I helped him with the text for a document on that) but I have heard there are a couple of broken quests by people who left in the middle.

Hopefully the 'old-timers' Razorwing or Quentin will locate your thread, and help you, otherwise I suggest you pm them as they were apparently co-ordinating for TES 3 ST.

I do wonder whether there is a separate Reich Parkeep download as in our TES 4 mod we have separate forums for RPK...guess we will find out soon.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-14-2006, 09:38 PM,
RE: Very Confused could use alittle info
bob196045: I don't think the murder mystery quest in Reich Parkeep is broken. If I recall correctly the person you want to speak to about the cloth piece is a lady named Sethalia, who lives in a Redoran hut in town. If you haven't tried talking to her, please do that and see if it works.

I prefer to think of it as the old mod *was* a wip when we stopped development on it. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-15-2006, 12:02 AM,
Ebbedin Script/Dialogue Problem
Thank you for that info, I should have checked deeper I was pretty sure I checked everyone oops missed one lol

Thank you much

black[/hr]

Ok so after last post and response, I figured out the murder mystery no problem, my bust for not searching more thouroghly... so I finished that quest and moved on, decided to take a walk and found Ebbendin

Talked to a few people and then talked to Darvala Sethri. who asked me about being a witches friend.... so I selected the topic of "my amulet" and got the following

Script sltz-za-NPCnightscript Dialogue Topic Darvalas Amulet not found in line 2
Continue running executables?

Which I selected YES

Got a second message, as follows

CompileandRun Problem was found on Topic "My Amulet" then it went on to explain the topic discussion about how its been missing for a month etc etc
Continue running executables?
Which I again selected YES and then had a CTD

I no nothing about scripting and dialogue but I could fix it myself if I knew what to look for

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bob