Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quests Here
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
Ok, this is a rough draft of idea's for the "Sea Serpent" idea from the other thread.

The opening of the gates to Oblivion have attracted many ferocious creatures to gather. One such creature is the Dreugh. With the gates open all over Tamriel, the waters of The Inner Sea and The Sea of Ghosts have become infested with these Dreugh creatures and their larger, even more fearsome brothers, the Dreugh Man O'War's. So long as the gates remain open, all ships attempting to pass to Vvardenfell are being assaulted. All attempts to fight a way through have proven futile.

Once the gates are closed (through the efforts of the PC), then passage to the island will again be poosible, but not completely without dangers.

Some quests could be outlined around fighting off Dreugh to help cargo ships, maybe going out and finding the larger Dreugh Man O'War's and killing them. Give me some feedback on what you think so far.

well... I had planned that the "beast-folk" confederation would be composed of Dreugh, Argonians, orcs, goblins, khajits, and ape-men....

its a good idea... except that after this mod....

I plan to have a mod that allows different breeds of Argonians, Khajits, Dreugh, and others as playable... and I don't want anything to conflict...

I personnally think were-sharks are dumb idea.... but I'd think they'd be drawn to the opening of the Oblivion gates... Dreugh might be but it seems they have turned theuir backs on the Daedra.... the Dreugh are now mostly scavenger-barbarians
10-05-2005, 08:12 PM,

I added the possible dreugh quests to the list. And Kul, i'm sure that some of them stil lwork for or with common goals to the daedra
10-05-2005, 08:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
well... I had planned that the "beast-folk" confederation would be composed of Dreugh, Argonians, orcs, goblins, khajits, and ape-men....

its a good idea... except that after this mod....

I plan to have a mod that allows different breeds of Argonians, Khajits, Dreugh, and others as playable... and I don't want anything to conflict...

I personnally think were-sharks are dumb idea.... but I'd think they'd be drawn to the opening of the Oblivion gates... Dreugh might be but it seems they have turned theuir backs on the Daedra.... the Dreugh are now mostly scavenger-barbarians

Well, I based my idea on what the beastiary at TIL said about them. Here's a quote of what it said:

Quote:Another of so-called cursed races of Tamriel, the Dreughs are said to be the remnants of a once great civilization that flourished in the Iliac Bay long before the 1st Era. Though they have some humanoid characteristics, it is hard to give credence to the legend when on views the tentacles and the claws of the misshapen beasts. There is certain evidence that the Dreughs may have amphibian qualities, for they can be found in waterways far inland from their bayside origins. It is unlikely that the creatures themselves will offer insight to their origins, for Dreughs are violently hostile to all who invade their watery domain." Daggerfall Manual

"The grotesque Dreugh is primarily an aquatic scavenger, though it does seem to have amphibian capacities. According to legend, the Dreugh are the cursed remnants of a once proud civilization." Daggerfall Preview Bestiary

Primarily read the last line of the first paragraph.

[edit] Oh, and here is the quote concerning the Dreugh Man O'War.

Quote:"But the most dangerous water creature is the large and powerful Dreugh and the Dreugh Man O'War." Briring and Gudling The Rascal's Dialogues
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
10-05-2005, 08:21 PM,

...well the Abecean sea mod... I hate to have to disclose the plans... but its about the Dreugh civilization....

more specifically... it is in:
Stros M'Kai
Thrassia
Iliac Bay
Abecean Sea

....so.... thats why I am protective of Dreugh usage.... but your idea is great.... if we could find some way of not totally giving away the dreugh cvilization part...

Molag Bal used to rule over the dreugh.... wanna say that they were guided by Molag Bal to attacks on ships in Morrowind....

and that foreshadows the mod for the dreugh civilization?
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM,

Ok, well with the portals open, maybe the connection to the Dreugh from Molag Bal would that much stronger, and yeah, he could be sending orders for them to attack the ships. Sounds good to me. We can always rough out the details when things are flowing more smoothly.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
10-05-2005, 08:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
Ok, well with the portals open, maybe the connection to the Dreugh from Molag Bal would that much stronger, and yeah, he could be sending orders for them to attack the ships. Sounds good to me. We can always rough out the details when things are flowing more smoothly.
yep Big Grin
I think perhaps that can be a forshadowing of my planned later mod... but for now lets just concentrate on Morrowind...

or... maybe the land-dreugh are gathering on the shores to mate... and then Dunmer attack them... and then they get angry and begin to attack the Dunmer... using powers gifted to them by Molag Bal..

just a thought
10-05-2005, 10:08 PM,

How bout a quest to save someone parents...or maybe a quest to find your parents....i mean that would be fun to create and find your parents...
10-05-2005, 11:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by GMX
How bout a quest to save someone parents...or maybe a quest to find your parents....i mean that would be fun to create and find your parents...

...well thats intriguing.... but we need to make it realistic.... we can't make some buff dude be the dad and some sexy model be the woman...

the parents are probably on the old side by the time you are let out of prison....
maybe Jiub can be connected to it.... like maybe he has been a prisoner/indentured servant for years, he's seen the Nerevarine, outlaws, prisoners, pilgrims, adventurers, Apelles Martius, other Imperial generals.....

so maybe at some point you can talk to him and it'll start from there...
he says he saw a ___(old argonian/orc/altmer) couple traveling to live in Vivec or w/e.... then you search all over... and find them.....
clues all over Vvardenfell....

not that your parents can give you much besides what you have... and love... well, you canget that in Real Life.... hahaha....

mom, "I love you son/daughter, here, have some scrib jelly sandwhich"
you," thanks mom, i 'love' you!"

....perfect
10-06-2005, 11:02 PM,

The parent quest are a problem, because there a different races. Forget about that.

We need lots of quest for the factions.
I tought of these:

-Find old Swordmaster book. - the fighters guild swordstrainer ask you to recover a book. The bookseller will tell you that maybe the temple's library has one. They will tell you it's stolen. The ordinator in charge of the crime will hint to The thieves guild. They will give you the name of the client if you do a chore for them. (don't know what)
Once that is done you get them name of a person. He tell you about how his life sucks. If you give him a job in the fighters guild (his greatest wish) he'll give the book. (You'll need to ask some fighters guild person about this if you're of a low rank)
After that you must make a choice, give the book back to the temple or not.
I'm going to sleep now, but tomorow i'll finish this quest (the others i've written earlier ^^)

-Fighters Guild: recover old sword for swordstrainer. He will tell you a story about a swords thats created by the greatest trainer in history. The trainer wasn't good in fighting, but he understood "the dance" best of all. After years and years of fighting and teaching with the sword he was robbed by a poor pilgrim, and by accident got killed. The poor pilgrim saw his misdeeds and putted the masters knowledge and his life energy in the sword. Blabla

Well, the idea is that you need to find the place of the swords from the story.
The swords itself is just lying somewhere on a road. Hidden of course. the swords is useless for fighting, but if you give it to the faction trainer he'll learn every swordtrick and transform in a master trainer. (trains till 100) :bananarock:

- The new guildmaster of the fighters guild heard a rumour about infiltraiting comomma tong. He thinks some of the old people were still there. You need to look in the old archives for hints.

-Fighters Guild: -Tell the people of the great deeds of the fighters guild.
The boss is angry, Morrowinds people do not respect the great deeds of the fighters guild. Tell a buch of people of some big archivemenst so they get a reputation (After this quest you will get some reputation point and you'll be the hero of the fighters guild because jutice has been done. - based on the fact that you don't get reputation points form the fighters guild)
10-06-2005, 11:41 PM,

great ideas man! keepit up!

...maybe something like Balmora's Fire-eye coming back and deciding that she wants to help the Cammona Tong or something