Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quests Here
10-07-2005, 01:08 AM,

Added nunc's quests
10-07-2005, 01:14 AM,

I was thinking of making a series of quests that have you find certain artifacts of armor and weapons, but they are in riddles (cause EVERYONE loves riddles Wink)

Ok so this is a very long/big chain quest, that starts when you talk to so-an-so in a certain city, maybe Hla Oad. He/She will tell you a story about a book of riddles. That book of riddles is fabled to lead to enchanted artifacts (they could be tied into the main quest to be used to kill the main boss?). The only problem is that all he knows of is the riddle that leads to the location of the book.

So he tells you the riddle and you find the location eventually, but all you find is a page from the book with another riddle, which eventually says that the book has been seperated and spread over Vvardenfell (go figure), but each artifact has another page with it that tells you where to go.

So you find the location of the next page, and one of the artifacts, maybe a shield, ring, (not hte amulet as it will be last). And of course you have to fight a certain guardian of each artifact every time you get it.

Once you have obtained everything, and equip the amulet for the first time, you'll be prompted that you gotta do such an such and fight so and so.

thats the basic structure of it, and i may change it around so that you have may have to find more than 1 page per artifact, but i havent decided yet, as there will be a piece for everything, which is about 13 or 14 items.
10-07-2005, 02:46 AM,

adding Ixosis' quest
10-07-2005, 03:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nunc
<snip>

-Fighters Guild: recover old sword for swordstrainer. He will tell you a story about a swords thats created by the greatest trainer in history. The trainer wasn't good in fighting, but he understood "the dance" best of all. After years and years of fighting and teaching with the sword he was robbed by a poor pilgrim, and by accident got killed. The poor pilgrim saw his misdeeds and putted the masters knowledge and his life energy in the sword. Blabla

Well, the idea is that you need to find the place of the swords from the story.
The swords itself is just lying somewhere on a road. Hidden of course. the swords is useless for fighting, but if you give it to the faction trainer he'll learn every swordtrick and transform in a master trainer. (trains till 100) :bananarock:

<snip>
Well, I like all the quests you wrote down, but I have a suggestion on this one. It doesn't seem very likely to me that the master trainer of history would be no good at fighting or defending himself. Maybe you could change the trainer to a blacksmith, that way he would know how to make a masterful weapon, but not know how to wield it? Along the way to deliver the weapon to the master, he gets ambushed and killed. By pure luck, a roaming master warrior stumbles upon them. He was on his way to the local temple for a healing, as he somehow caught a bad case of drain personality, that has left him utterly depressed Sick (or anything you really want Big Grin). He kills the attacker but becomes mortaly wounded in the process, and to preserve his knowledge, he "grafts" it to the sword.

The sword would be useless in the wrong hands, but to one who knows much about combat (such as the Fighter's Guild Master Swordsman) it would teach him vast amounts. Use it if you want, it's just something I though up on the spot to help show what I mean.

Quote:Originally posted by Ixosis
I was thinking of making a series of quests that have you find certain artifacts of armor and weapons, but they are in riddles (cause EVERYONE loves riddles Wink)

Ok so this is a very long/big chain quest, that starts when you talk to so-an-so in a certain city, maybe Hla Oad. He/She will tell you a story about a book of riddles. That book of riddles is fabled to lead to enchanted artifacts (they could be tied into the main quest to be used to kill the main boss?). The only problem is that all he knows of is the riddle that leads to the location of the book.

So he tells you the riddle and you find the location eventually, but all you find is a page from the book with another riddle, which eventually says that the book has been seperated and spread over Vvardenfell (go figure), but each artifact has another page with it that tells you where to go.

So you find the location of the next page, and one of the artifacts, maybe a shield, ring, (not hte amulet as it will be last). And of course you have to fight a certain guardian of each artifact every time you get it.

Once you have obtained everything, and equip the amulet for the first time, you'll be prompted that you gotta do such an such and fight so and so.

thats the basic structure of it, and i may change it around so that you have may have to find more than 1 page per artifact, but i havent decided yet, as there will be a piece for everything, which is about 13 or 14 items.
Ok, now a suggestion about this one. I like the idea, and if you don't mind, I'll like to try to add in a little detail.

Maybe the artifacts were seperated for a good reason, and you could hint about how dangerous they might be in the riddles. The pages added to each so that they could be found again, but with difficulty (I think you have preety much said that yourself). But maybe when they are all back together and equiped at once, you finally find out the reason they had been scattered in the first place.

When all items become equiped, they summon back a powerful Deadra (or w/e) who you have to fight. Perhaps, he needed some kind of conduit to return to this realm, and your it. He could take all the items from you, and you would have to fight him while he wears all the re-gathered artifacts. Tough battle, but worth it for everything you get in return. After beating him, when you equip all items at once...I don't know, you can think of something good that could happen... :goodjob:
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
10-07-2005, 03:21 PM,

well... when I have a detailed main quest set up.... we'll see...

but there will definitely be a lot of Daedra stuck on Nirn and some of them would like to get back to Oblivion.
10-07-2005, 04:46 PM,

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but "find your parents" is a bad idea.
Mainly bc, as already noticed, the race issue.
But people might want to roleplay that their parents eg. died in an attack on your village, and you went out to avenge their murder.
So including the main char's parent is gonna be troubling when concerning the "freedom".

_Zexion
[Image: DanteSig.jpg]
10-07-2005, 06:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zexion
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but "find your parents" is a bad idea.
Mainly bc, as already noticed, the race issue.
But people might want to roleplay that their parents eg. died in an attack on your village, and you went out to avenge their murder.
So including the main char's parent is gonna be troubling when concerning the "freedom".

_Zexion
I'd have to agree here. But maybe we could put in just hints and subtle things here and there. Like we could have people say random gossip about an old couple they've seen recently. You go find them (have them the same race as you, through scripting) and they could say things like how the PC reminds them of their child, how he was lost and they are on a constant search to try and find him. Don't ever say anything about the PC being the child, just kinda hint at it. Kinda like a small Easter Egg, for those who find them.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
10-07-2005, 09:04 PM,

A find you parents quest is just bad, I don't want any hints about parents.

I think I'll set up a new ranking system for the Fighters Guild. New Guildmaster ans quest givers etc. And the we can begin to create a quest tree.
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nunc
A find you parents quest is just bad, I don't want any hints about parents.

I think I'll set up a new ranking system for the Fighters Guild. New Guildmaster ans quest givers etc. And the we can begin to create a quest tree.

sounds good!
10-09-2005, 04:32 AM,

Odai quest. I was thinkign that since Odai plateau is on the way to balmora and balmora is gonna have a fleet of its own maybe one quest could be mounting a siege defense at the plateau fortifications to prevent smaller enemy ships from journeying up the river to ambush the balmora fleet in prot where it would be most vulnerable. Just wanting to see what people think of this one. let me know thanks
As the wind blows by the breeze takes me where it will and freely I go to spread peace on the wind.