Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: SHRC04 "Fishermen's Island" [Old discussion SACarrow]
08-23-2009, 02:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I guess my question is whether anyone has had success entering the exterior around Steadhelm under the latest ESM & assets without actually exploding the BSAs into the Data directory and then updating?

Any more thoughts appreciated,
Steve
It only works (ST.bsa v2.8 + ST.lod bsa and update v2.11) if I re-date the rocks/architecture meshes (attached, date of today).

The date of the bsa (on my end) was newer than the date of the rocks/architecture meshes from my prior attachment hence it didn't work.

I always use unpacked assets to avoid the archive invalidation problems.

If you want to use a fix together with an existing bsa, the date of the files has to be newer than the downloaded bsa (date of download). Or just re-date the bsa prior to the date of the meshes of the fix (fastest).

Download the fix -=here=-.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM,
Ah, success!
First, a moron alert. What I was reading as 21 Aug 2009 for the FAR NIFs was actually 21 Aug 2008; once I changed the date, I could COW to FishIsland. This brought up a thought on ST BSA packaging. Right now the BSAs are DLed directly; this results in the flie dates being the dates of DL, which can clearly conflict with the asset dates in the directory. My suggestion is to wrap the BSAs in 7Zs so as to preserve file dates; with that, I think that the date of DL won't matter any more. Also it'd be nice if BSA version numbers were mentioned on the page and possibly somehow included in the BSA for viewing with bsacmd. I'll experiment with that as I start to gather assets for the ST Voice BSA v2.1. Smile

Steve
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM,
RE: Ah, success!
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
... once I changed the date, I could COW to FishIsland.

Steve
Great! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-08-2009, 02:59 PM,

I hadn't realized that would be an issue :dunce:

I'll be sure to zip the next full BSA, which I'll package soon. I want to wait to see if silgradtower.net comes back online first, if it doesn't then I'm in a bit of a bind. If all else fails I guess I could make a split archive and upload it to rapidshare that way.

I'm not sure what I can do about version numbers, but I'll look into it.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM,

To hijack my own thread: I simply made up an empty file with the title _SILGRAD TOWER SOUND BSA V1.1 - 28 AUG 2009 and placed it in the Data directory. When bascmd is fired up, that file shows at the same level as sound, meshes and textures.