Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: SHRC04 "Fishermen's Island" [Old discussion SACarrow]
10-31-2007, 02:49 PM,

Sorry for my belated reply but I had to go to Germany (work), it was hectic. All is back to normal.

I checked the island and it looks great. Smile

A few remarks.

Raise the land around the legs for the platform a bit (screenshot).

Remove the blocky texture pattern (screenshots , twice), because the player can see it. If it's in the middle of a forest, the chance the PC sees it, is nil so then there's no need for fixing this.

How to do this?

Make sure you look Nord (select something and press "C" or "T").
Open the landscape editor and select a texture (CTRL and rigth-click on the texture). Press "I" and you'll see the textures for that cell.

The cell is devided into 4 quads.
The bottom left one (#1) is the bottom left part of the cell.
The top left one (#3) is the top left part of the cell.
The bottom right one (#2) is the bottom right part of the cell.
The top right one (#4) is the top right part of the cell.

Right-click on the texture (in the texture overview) and delete or replace it. If you can't delete it, replace the texture. If you see a black texture, save the esp and reload the esp.

Now it's possible to retexture the cell.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Make sure you look Nord (select something and press "C" or "T".)

Made me laugh. Big Grin I know that Nord is north in most Romance and Teutonic languages, but my first thought was,
"But my character's a Redguard!"

:lmao:,
Steve
10-31-2007, 03:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Make sure you look Nord (select something and press "C" or "T".)

Made me laugh. Big Grin I know that Nord is north in most Romance and Teutonic languages, ... but my first thought was,
"But my character's a Redguard!"

:lmao:,
Steve
I dictated a letter in German just before I posted a reply so Nord == North. Wink

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-01-2007, 12:30 AM,

While taking care of the things that sandor noticed, I also made most of the undersea landscape texture be the wet sand type. Does anyone know of an undersea LS texture I can use? Something sorta like the marshy cattail one, except with seaweed?

Thanks,
Steve
11-01-2007, 01:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
While taking care of the things that sandor noticed, I also made most of the undersea landscape texture be the wet sand type. Does anyone know of an undersea LS texture I can use? Something sorta like the marshy cattail one, except with seaweed?

Thanks,
Steve
You could create your own texture.
Then add the grass types you like e.g. BWCattail01BelowSeaLevel etc.

I attached a screenshot with a few textures used in Oblivion.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-04-2007, 09:26 AM,

How to do this?

Make sure you look Nord (select something and press "C" or "T").
Open the landscape editor and select a texture (CTRL and rigth-click on the texture). Press "I" and you'll see the textures for that cell.
[...]
Right-click on the texture (in the texture overview) and delete or replace it. If you can't delete it, replace the texture. If you see a black texture, save the esp and reload the esp.

Now it's possible to retexture the cell.

Awesome! I ran into a problem like that just the other day... everything was going well until I suddenly couldn't continue painting the road texture. I searched the wiki for an answer but couldn't find any, so I thought I'd have to do a lot of boring work to free up a texture slot to continue the road. Now it'll be much easier. Thanks for the info sandor!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-31-2007, 08:15 PM,
After the calamity...
I'm back to it. Since putting the first ESP saved me from probably giving up the claim once my computer capsized, I'll be storing many more WiPs on this thread now. Smile

This version is all about the landscaping. I redid the sea floor around the island to make it less green and to make the rise to the island less steep. I've claimed the cells of the 3x3 grid surrounding (60, 18) and marked them as hand-changed. There are 7 other cells in the ESP; looking at the records using Gecko, I'd say that those cells had some landscape vertices shifted while I was editing the island. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

I encourage everyone with interest in landscaping to DL this and give me suggestions. I did this with v2.81, but tried it in the CS and in OB with the brand-new v2.83.

Next up: Recluttering the interiors. X(

Thanks,
Steve
01-05-2008, 03:03 PM,
RE: After the calamity...
Very nice! :goodjob:

Three remarks.

- Remove the vertex shading which was generated around the deleted rocks.

- Remove the floating rocks in the "sky".

- Add vertex shading around the houses and along the sides of the path.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-05-2008, 03:11 PM,

On the vertex shading: that was actually a feeble attempt to shade the path. Smile What are good settings for path-shading?

Speaking of feeble attempts, I lifted the rocks before contouring the seabed and then tried to use F to reset them. I caught a few that I missed, but clearly missed several more. Is there a way in the CS to keep everything visible? Grey suugested the Render Window settings, but it turned out everything was already set to Far. Sad

Steve
01-05-2008, 03:27 PM,

I attached two screenies of my CS settings (clipping distance, LOD).

I use a edit radius of 1 or 2 to add the vertex shading (grey; 128, 128 ,128).
In an area with a lot of trees I use (dark) green.

To correct the vertex shading I use a white (right-click) vertex color (edit radius 1).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD