Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: SHRC04 "Fishermen's Island" [Old discussion SACarrow]
01-07-2008, 02:16 AM,

With sandor's CS settings I was able to clean up those skyrocks and also identify a number of floaters in the water; hopefully I've gotten most of those. I've also shaded the ground under the house and along the path and added a few more fungi around the tree.

I was thinking that if this ESP passes muster that maybe it could be merged. I know there is tons more to go but if this is approved I believe my major landscape twiddling is done. There's still the PGs, the interiors, the NPCs and a little more exterior decorating, but all that will happen in the 3 interiors and the 2 exterior island cells. But of course that's your call, sandor.

All ideas still welcome,
Steve
01-07-2008, 03:49 PM,

Nice work! Smile

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow

I was thinking that if this ESP passes muster that maybe it could be merged. I know there is tons more to go but if this is approved I believe my major landscape twiddling is done.
All ideas still welcome,
Steve
I merged the file. :yes:
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-04-2008, 03:48 AM,

I noticed that the Steadhelm regional update replaced the trees and rocks on my island. Did I forget to mark that cell as "hand-changed"? Can I restore my original set-up, at least for the island cell itself?

Steve
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM,

I replaced the vanilla assets with ST assets (as intended).
The hand changed feature doesn't block the replacement of the original content. It blocks the region editor while generating new content.

If you want to use the vanilla assets on the island, I could recreate the content of that cell. Just let me know.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-23-2008, 03:48 AM,

I'm putting this up here just for safekeeping considering what hap happened to me before. Anyone who is bored beyond mortal comprehension is welcome to take a look by going to 60,18. All 3 interiors are connected to doors, though only one is cluttered so far. No NPCs and a rudimentary PG on the island and in that interior. I do have one question: several of my flora that are placed outside the Redoran houses never show as harvestable. Is this a known issue or just me? Smile

Steve
07-25-2008, 02:59 AM,
A little more work done
I think I have Llotho's house pretty well cluttered; is 58.5K faces OK for a one-room Redoran 06 model? I of course ended up modeling a couple of things I wanted Smile like the benches on the platforms (adapted from the shack bed platform). I also played around with anim objects a little 'cause I'm tired of the bottle not looking the same in hand as on table. Big Grin I managed to rig an idle Graija bottle based on RW's model, though the original might need some specularity work. Smile A couple of questions:
  • We need more fish! I'm checking into SB's fish resource, but I've heard that the fish are a little "normal" for Morrowind. Are there other good ones out there?
  • I'd like a couple more animations: fishing with a rod and rolling with a rolling pin. Does anyone know where to get those anims if they exist and also how to create anim objects based on those animations? The bottle above totally uses existing anims; I even resized the bottle to reduce clipping.
Next up: Llotho's wife. I want to fully clutter all 3 dwellings and have all 5 characters with rudimentary dialogue and full on-island schedules before reviewing.

Edit: A couple of thing I did that I thought were kinda neat:
  • Rigiing the firepit frame and an Imperial hook as a hanging rack for fish,
  • Using smoke emitters in the Redoran chimneys.

Here are the pix; note the rip in the LowerPants04 model,
Steve

[Image: th_ScreenShot484.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot485.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot486.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot487.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot488.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot489.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot490.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot491.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot492.jpg]
07-25-2008, 03:25 PM,
RE: A little more work done
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I think I have Llotho's house pretty well cluttered; is 58.5K faces OK for a one-room Redoran 06 model?
Normally it's around 70-80k, if the owner is very poor 60k should be fine.

I agree that we need more anims and a few new fish types would be great too. So the new anim you made is a nice addition to the existing ones. :goodjob:

Nice screenshots. Smile
Screenshot #8 (your ID #491) shows a missing texture.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-25-2008, 03:38 PM,
RE: A little more work done
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I agree that we need more anims...........

I will second that Smile.

Nice job Steve.
07-25-2008, 06:50 PM,

Talking of anims, can we make the fish wriggle intermittently (shouldn't be as hard as the other anims) or is it supposed to be totally dead?

Fishing? I don't know if this is of any use - http://www.nichelabs.com/services/av/3d-animation.html (there should be a 3D animation sample called 'Fishing')

Btw, the Island is looking pretty damn tasty now. Nice work!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-31-2008, 05:56 AM,
Animated loo
I sat down and finally set up Tobi's outhouse with an animated door. For the first attempt, I retexed the loo and seat in shack siding and deepened the base to make it easier to place on irregular surfaces. Once the outhouse structure is placed properly, simply position the seat at the same XYZ with the same rotation. With a travel package, ol' Llotho can take a poop break btween lunch & dinner. Two things:
  • The door, which includes the rest of the structure (except the seat) as a very large static frame, requires some sort of script to shut the door a few seconds after being opened,
  • From what I've read, the only way to script dropping trou upon sitting would require OBSE.
Here they are,
Steve

[Image: th_ScreenShot493.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot494.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot495.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot496.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot497.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot498.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot499.jpg]