Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: SHRC04 "Fishermen's Island" [Old discussion SACarrow]
10-06-2007, 10:07 AM,
RE: Some preliminary thoughts
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Is there a way to put an NPC on a boat and have him go from point to point as part of his daily AI routine?
After checking I think you could use a NPC for this.
Make it invisible and use the SetRestrained function.

Quote:From the CS Wiki
Set the actor to a restrained state (or clear the state). Restrained actors will not move from their current position, but will continue to "think" (pick packages, run detection so they could yell alarms) and go into dialogue.
I never tested it but the AI should be processed. Create an AI package which sets the route. Otherwise use the ResetHealth function and let the NPC walk/swim on the bottom of the sea.

Use GetPos and SetPos (linked to the restrained NPC for the X and Y plane) to update (every frame) the position of the boat and the NPC standing on the boat.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-06-2007, 05:37 PM,
Is landscape editing allowed?
I've just done a walk-through on my new property Smile and I was wondering if some light landscape editing would be acceptable. My interest lies in softening the transition to the water on the outer edge of the horseshoe to allow for a more marshy feel and to allow for one or two mudcrab spawning points. I haven't done any before so it'd be good practice.

And this is probably hopeless, but the island looks like it'd fit in one cell, but right now it lies partly in 4. Smile Is moving the island slightly possible?

Thanks,
Steve
10-06-2007, 06:26 PM,
RE: Is landscape editing allowed?
I've just done a walk-through on my new property Smile and I was wondering if some light landscape editing would be acceptable. My interest lies in softening the transition to the water on the outer edge of the horseshoe to allow for a more marshy feel and to allow for one or two mudcrab spawning points. I haven't done any before so it'd be good practice.

Thanks,
Steve
That's fine.

And this is probably hopeless, but the island looks like it'd fit in one cell, but right now it lies partly in 4. Smile Is moving the island slightly possible?
I have no problem with that, please send a PM to TID if it's ok because he already made an in-game map based on the current HM.

Just out of curiosity.
Why do you want to shift the island into one cell?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-06-2007, 06:32 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Just out of curiosity.

I thought it might simplify texturing. Also then I can name the one cell SteadhelmRegionFishermensIsland without having to name multiple cells (for future scripting potential).

Thanks,
Steve
10-06-2007, 06:39 PM,
Just out of curiosity.

I thought it might simplify texturing. Also then I can name the one cell SteadhelmRegionFishermensIsland without having to name multiple cells (for future scripting potential).

Thanks,
Steve
For the texturing it's not really necessary, but the scripting potential makes sense. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM,
Outdoor ESP
I've enclosed an ESP based on version 2.70 of the ESM. It deals with the exterior of the island, including landscape editing and texturing and static and plant placement. I've also enclosed links to screens; a couple were from before I cranked the grass distance up. I did one of the garden in nighteye so the plants could actually be seen. Smile

Some Fishermen's Island facts:

- I set up one one end of the horseshoe to be more settled, with a path from the dock to the Redoran houses, a small garden, flowers by the houses and he like.
- The other half of the island had been pretty much left alone by the Surathis unitil Cidarcil built his shack. It's rockier and marshier, particularly at the end, with a little marshmerrow and saltrice growing.
- The smaller platform facing Steadhelm is for docking; the larger platform on the other side is for fishing and possibly as a staging area for other expeditions.
- I used ash yam, wickwheat and scrib cabbage in their garden and willow, roobrush, snowdrop and stoneflower as decor. Any suggestions for other flora are appreciated. I also stuck tef fungus on the tree.
- Mu intention is not to put many animals on the island, 'cause dangerous beasts would not have been tolerated by the Surathis. Just a couple of slaughterfish spawning points and maybe a tame mudcrab. Smile Any other suggestions for aquatic life?
- Some of my plants are not harvestable at the start. Is that a random thing?
- Can a map marker be put so that "Fishermen's Island" can be the "name" of cell (60, 18)? I have no idea how to do that.
- Suggestions for other grace notes will also be appreciated.
- The central cell is (60, 18); the ESP also "owns" the 8 surrounding cells, mostly because of the platforms and tree removal. Once boat rides to Steadhelm become possible, I may need to remove more trees.
- Also, any interesting fishing items either already in the CS or in other mods that I can beg for? Smile

Since this is my first exterior, feel free to say anything, based on the screens or using the ESP.

My immediate intentions after the exterior looks OK is to do the 3 poor interiors and the 5 characters, with enough AI and dialogue to keep them busy on the island. Once I reach that point, I'd like to merge, if it's OK with sandor. The reason is that boat rides of any sort w/o teleportation are not simple and will require investigation. But let's get the basics done first. Big Grin

Later,
Steve

[Image: th_ScreenShot449.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot450.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot451.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot452.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot453.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot454.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot455.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot456.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot457.jpg][Image: th_ScreenShot458.jpg]
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM,

I love the look of the island Smile

I'm curious about the rocks though. Which rocks does the Steadhelm region use? I think it was half west gash half bitter coast rocks.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I'm curious about the rocks though. Which rocks does the Steadhelm region use? I think it was half west gash half bitter coast rocks.
The big honkers are Great Forest rocks; the smaller ones are BC, all generated.
10-25-2007, 07:09 AM,

Very nice! Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I love the look of the island Smile

The Oblivion rocks are placeholders for the new rocks you're going to make.

I used West Gash rocks in the past (the BC rocks weren't available at the time). When finished the region will only have BC rocks.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM,

The Oblivion rocks are placeholders for the new rocks you're going to make.

Righto, it slipped my mind. (Not that I'll make the rocks, but that they were for Steadhelm)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]