Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razorwing's Modelling Thread
10-20-2006, 12:08 AM,
Razorwing's Modelling Thread
Here's how my first try on the chokeweed plant turned out. The clovers didn't come out very well at all, firstly because I used a faulty mesh for them which I didn't spot until later on so I had to squeeze the mapping even more (and add to that that it was wrong to begin with). So, I'll delete them and start over, no problem. But I felt like showing it just the same.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-20-2006, 01:39 AM,

It looks OK, but change the stem color to something less...blue. Make it closer to the color of the leaves.
Lol what?
10-20-2006, 08:43 PM,

You're right, the stem texture was off a bit. I've changed it and remade the clovers, and should have a new version ready within a few hours.

Edit: Here's how it turned out. I think it's final, at least until the max exporter can handle opacity. Had to use the Civ4 one, so the vertex shading isn't showing. The ingredient will work fully though, with Havok and other things. Simplistic models like that ingredient are very easy for me to piggyback.

Chokeweed2ndTry.jpg (28 KB)
PiggybackedChokeweedIngr.jpg (29.18 KB)
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-22-2006, 11:48 PM,

I think I found an acceptable texture for the Roobrush branches (I asked for an alternative in the open jobs for texturers thread). There's something not quite right about this plant, but I can't put my finger on it... maybe it's just the branch texture, I dunno. The original sure didn't look as bright and cheerful, and since it's supposed to be a ruggid west gash plant the branch texture isn't as suiting. But hey, there's only so much you can find on the net I guess. Maybe it'll come together if and when a custom branch texture comes in, because the specs of the model isn't that far off from the TES3 original.

Roobrush2ndTry.jpg (15 KB)
Angel mired in filth
10-24-2006, 02:28 PM,

I don't really like the leaves too much.

#1- find some more yellowish, old looking leaves
#2- add more leaves to it overall
#3- make the bark look less green and alive, give it a near death bark texture.
Lol what?
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM,

I think the bark texture is perfect, but I'll try to find a better one for the leaves.
Angel mired in filth
10-24-2006, 09:42 PM,

Yeah, bark seems ok, maybe higher res? And as mentioned yellow streaks to the leaves and perhaps little different color.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM,

Well, when it comes to the texture, I'm left to what the internet (i.e. google image searches) can give me. Both Morrowind Visual Pack and Vibrant Morrowind used the TES3 texture as base for their texture, and they did it so obviously that using it isn't an option. Which isn't to critisize them in any way, because that was totally fine for what their packs were intended to do, but it still means I don't have any alternative texture that was conciously made to look like roobrush branches/clovers/leaves.
Angel mired in filth
11-01-2006, 02:51 PM,

I remade the Roobrush. Here are a few pics:
Screenshot #1 | Screenshot #2
Angel mired in filth
11-01-2006, 03:21 PM,

You're frighteningly good at this reference model stuff! I'm happy that my shacks look like shacks; looking like MW shacks is out of the question. Smile

Later,
Steve