Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran Buildings Progress Thread (1)
01-30-2006, 08:46 PM,

looking nice there! btw, have you found the texturer? i would love to see this textured.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly

I started on another building though. It looks good so far, but it doesn't feel quite right yet, I can't figure it out.
what isn't "right" is that the hood of the building is too low...

but I'd say make one low one and one high one... just cause I don't think every single crab-shell house needs to look alike! Smile

Very true about the crab part - there will be variations in the growth of each individual ot the species - I am really upset about that asit would have been a great quest to hunt your own crab/s for your stronghold!

Also the look will depend on the Architect.

There is another difference if it is important - the arms in the TES3 version curl around a bit more so that the ends are parallel to the front of the house.

Also where the entry joins the main part of the 'hood' it looks as though it is a socket and ball joint type fit = makes the entry clearly a separate structure. Or maybe like a 'russian doll' each segment fitting into the larger one with the hood being the opposite side of the ball.

Hope that makes sense and is useful?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-30-2006, 11:21 PM,

Quote:Also where the entry joins the main part of the 'hood' it looks as though it is a socket and ball joint type fit = makes the entry clearly a separate structure. Or maybe like a 'russian doll' each segment fitting into the larger one with the hood being the opposite side of the ball.

I know what your saying. The thing is, in the MW version most of that was done through the texture.

I am working on blending the meshes (the horns are a separate object right now, which wastes polys) and will reduce the polycount to under 2000, but it?s going to be tough since it requires manually redrawing a good chunk of the backside. I will try and experiment with crab like sockets in the process, I had thought about it before and agree that its great for the feeling of the structure.
01-31-2006, 04:41 AM,

great job dude! you make really good models, i can't wait to use them on the redoran stuff! btw, will this be added to the redoran buildings thing?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-31-2006, 06:13 AM,

Looks great Caligula :goodjob:

If you're still looking for textures, I found some decent Redoran ones in "Morrowind Visual Pack" that might work.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-01-2006, 06:08 AM,

Is the second building made out of more pieces?You cant texture it if it is one piece.The two cones must be made out of marble or something similar.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
02-03-2006, 07:19 PM,

Caligula Superfly: I added your excellent huts to the collection, -here-. I hope you don't mind the textures I slapped on? I included a wireframe shot as well so the shape of Hut #1 is easier to see.

Do you plan on making replicas of all the Redoran structures from TES3? If so, and if you make interiors as well, I don't think it would be a problem for us to use them as the standard models for Redoran settlements. That's not to say we won't use the other Redoran models as well, just yours much more frequently since honestly they're the closest to the original design I've seen. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM,

Oh man you are the best vertex modeler I have seen.I tried to make some redoran buildings but they crap compared to yours.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
02-03-2006, 09:30 PM,

hm? Those textures are only good for WIPs imho. i hate those wood textures, because they look unnatural (but that?s sort of a fetish). And the general hut texture is wrong. It?s way to blotchy (wrong word) and doesn?t look redoran (wrong color). I?m attaching a picture of the original for reference.
[Image: redoranhut1hq.th.jpg]
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-03-2006, 09:40 PM,

Lady Nerevar:
Uh... yeah. It wasn't a serious retexture, I thought I made that clear.
Angel mired in filth