Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHC54 "The Steadhelm bakery" [Finished]
02-26-2009, 03:50 PM,

I decided to send her to all three places.
I made it to where she was living with an Imperial. He is young and she is old. I'm not sure how to do the rumors though, do I just write a topic and then check the box that says rumours? Is there more to it then that?
They are living in the bakery together though, He's 15 and she is 65, that should be something to talk about. Maybe he can be someones kid and they are mad about the situation. Haha.
I guess I could have done it differently, like, have it just be a place of business kinda like a coffee house with patrons seated upstairs, but I would have needed houses for all the employees and packages,etc etc. Plus it wasn't specified, and I try to go by the specs as much as possible.
I actually had it totally made and then had to go back and change it because I had only included one npc instead of two, I missed that little detail.
But any way its all done now, except for the voices and lip synching, should be doing that today. Hopefully it won't need too much fixing after that and can be filed as completed very soon.
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by trebor197676
I'm not sure how to do the rumors though, do I just write a topic and then check the box that says rumours? Is there more to it then that?
Click on the "conversation tab" and add the "INFOGENERAL" topic.
Add the rumor and specify for example the race condition etc.

The game picks the rumors from that topic, after 48 hours the rumor will change (third day).

Quote:Originally posted by trebor197676
But any way its all done now, except for the voices and lip synching, should be doing that today. Hopefully it won't need too much fixing after that and can be filed as completed very soon.
Another voice actor, that's great news. Smile
SACarrow is our voice guy, I am sure he'll post his advice and/or comments when required.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-26-2009, 07:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Another voice actor, that's great news. Smile
SACarrow is our voice guy, I am sure he'll post his advice and/or comments when required.

Indeed! And let me know if you need help with voices. You should be aware that our Imperials consist of both upper and lower classes. Upper speak with an upper-class English accent whilst the lower classes are cockneys (Londoners). You can vary this a little, of course, as long as you bear in mind the need for them to remain fairly similar to the base accent. I did both sets of generic Imperial voices so ask if you need any help.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-27-2009, 03:23 AM,

Well I'm pretty sure I can't pull off an english accent, upper or lower. I have no idea what londoners sound like. Sorry, I'm just clueless. I went ahead and did the voices anyway. If they do not blend in well enough with the rest of the mod (as I am afraid they may not, since I am from Arkansas, U.S.) I will fully understand if you choose to delete and re-do them.

I do have a few questions though.

On dialogue do you put the wave and lip files for topics as well as the greetings in the same sound path?

i.e. Sound/Voice/ StRmSteadhelmBakery/Race/Gender?

And what about the rumors? Do I generate wave and lip files for it the same as dialogue?

If so which folder path does it go into?

I need to know which folder to put it in for lip patch for cs v1.1 to work, and where to place it in my mods sound folder. Will I need a separate folder that says rumors? Thank You.
02-27-2009, 06:22 AM,

Hi trebor197676,

I'm The Voice Guy and I feel your pain. Smile I'm from West Virginia, and there's just no place on Tamriel for the American Southern Highlands (aka hillbilly) accent. A shame really; even in Avatar: The Last Airbender there were redneck swamp benders. Tongue As for the whole sound thing, here are some thoughts and maybe even answers:
  • All sound files including rumors go into the directory Data\sound\voice\<plugin name>\<race name>\<M or F>; in your case, he last two parts would Imperial\M. One note:the plugin name must include the extension.
  • To generate the LIP files, the WAVs have to be 16-bit mono at 44100 Hz; to play, the MP3s have to have the same characteristics.
  • If you want to generate the LIP files, I'm certainly OK with that. One thing: you mentioned a CS 1.1 shortcut. AFAIK there is no way to generate LIP files in 1.1. In fact I added a feature to TES4Gecko to "distill" a plugin into one with no master dependencies that could be loaded into CS 1.0 and be used solely for LIP generation. If you know another way, I'm all ears. Smile
Please feel free to upload your ESP and your voice work here on the thread so we can give a listen.

Love to see and hear your work,
Steve
02-27-2009, 06:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I'm The Voice Guy and I feel your pain. Smile

:lmao:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-28-2009, 07:29 AM,

Hello Steve,

Nice to meet you. I had recorded them all at 44100 but at 32 bit. Oh well. Will just have to re-do them. Thanks for the tips. They came in very handy. Its not that I just want to do the voices but I want to be able to have the knowledge to do so. And to know that what I did worked.
I do still have quite a few questions, although they may all have the same answer.
Do I need different voices for each character? (i.e. one npc is male and one is female)
Do I need to have someone else read the other genders lines?
Or try to change my voice?
Or does it take my voice and make it sound the way it should for each individual race and gender?

Which brings me to my real question:

Do I need to record a separate voice file for each race and gender for the rumor I made? I flagged it for anyone in the Steadhelm space, I cant remember the actually name of the area but that's close.

The way I am making the lip files is the same as you, except I just downloaded an esp already made for it. I found it here: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=701099

I can't wait to upload my file but I want to finish the voice on it first, I really hope everybody likes it and that it works as it should.
02-28-2009, 09:20 AM,

I can't get the wave file to tranfer to mp3 in 16 bit format. It keeps wanting to jump back to 32 automatically. I am using Audacity.
02-28-2009, 11:40 AM,

I would have thought that Steve would be able to convert .wav files himself. I have a decent enough converter that sets the conversions to just the right settings as well. I'm a little busy but I can do these for you if Steve doesn't have an appropriate file converter.
02-28-2009, 05:18 PM,

Did you use Audacity to record the voices? I don't even see a 32-bit setting on my copy. Smile Even if your original recordings are 32-bit, you should be able to export them as Windows PCM 16-bit WAVs. To convert to OB-friendly MP3s, I use a batch file that I'll enclose here with its required DLL. Make sure to convert the WAV file to mono (under Tracks) in Audacity first.

As for voices, we have unfortunately not had any female VAs that have lasted any length of time. Sad Having said that, the hurdles for a guy trying to sound like a girl are set very high here; it's too easy to sound like Mrs. Doubtfire. Smile With scattered exceptions, we've left our female NPCs silent for now. As for the rumor, we'll set it up for Steadhelm, but then we'll have the existing race VAs record it for each race. We'll also set up another slot so your NPC can say it in your voice.

HTH,
Steve