Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHC54 "The Steadhelm bakery" [Finished]
03-04-2009, 03:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by trebor197676
How do I use the sub space exactly? Do I need one to make the Npc go up the stairs? Or can I just put path nodes on the platforms in between steps?

Simply, if you place two 'path nodes' and connect them, the NPC will follow that line. Whether it is up or down stairs or trying to walk through walls. I believe the NPC will stop and be idle on a path node, so having one on the stairs could cause the NPC to stop and look about, use dialogue with another NPC or even pick their shorts. Although I am not quite sure about that last animation. Smile

Path node -------- Path node --------------------- Path node
03-04-2009, 10:38 AM,

How do I use the sub space exactly?

If the pathgrid between e.g. the basement and the house is interrupted (both in the same cell) you'll have to use a subspace. The basement is connected to the house through a door link. Without the subspace the NPC doesn't know that the basement belongs to the same cell and won't go there even with the proper AI settings.

In your case you don't need a subspace.

Sorry so many.
I disagree, these are mostly technical issues and related to ST's way of handling modding like generic dialogue etc.

You modded an interesting house, added some nice dialogue (voiced) and created an extensive AI schedule with only a few problems.

After one or two other reviews I am sure they pass the review check without a problem.

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Personally I liked the voices a lot, and given that Oblivion characters do have a distinctly American accent I don't think your accents break immersion.
I agree.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM,

Thank you. I will correct these issues. Sorry so many. :bash:

What about the voices? Did anyone listen to them? Were they way too hillbilly-ish? Should I not try to make anymore? I will fully understand if this is how you feel.
Almost everyone's first interior had so many errors. WHen you are doing more claims, you're becoming more experienced andyou'll make less errors.
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Almost everyone's first interior had so many errors. WHen you are doing more claims, you're becoming more experienced andyou'll make less errors.

:yes:It always looks big at first. It's more a reflection of sandor being very thorough than any modders messing up.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-04-2009, 03:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
It's more a reflection of sandor being very thorough than any modders messing up.
I am not talking about bleeding and floating because there were none except for one item.

Everything in my review affects the game-play and has to be fixed.

I don't know which standards are used for the BM but ST will not merge esp's where the dialogue doesn't work, the AI isn't set up the right way etc.

In short, I am thorough and that's what a reviewer should be. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM,

Sandor I thought your review was extremely fair, very helpful, and useful. It was like a punch list, made it way easier to fix. And the help with the script and making it all work was awesome. Thank you. I will have the next version ready soon.
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM,

I can't test it in game at the moment, (I am experiencing technical difficulties with my original Oblivion install. Have to re-install it.)

But here is version 2, complete with voices.
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM,

Thanks, I'll reply asap. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-06-2009, 03:58 PM,

The voice work will be reviewed by SACarrow.
I noticed that the mp3's are still 32 bit.

blue[/HR]

A few remarks.
  • I assigned the ownership for the house to the faction you created.
  • You don't have to use the "Innocent" faction for your NPC's if they are a member of another "non-evil" faction like the one you created.
  • A food count of "-1" means infinite so one food item is more than enough.
  • I excluded your NPC's from the rumor.
  • Faction Interaction Relations: The disposition modifiers for other factions are listed here.

Everything has been fixed and the file has been merged. :check:

Well done. :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-06-2009, 08:20 PM,

Cool. Thank you.