Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHC54 "The Steadhelm bakery" [Finished]
03-01-2009, 04:33 AM,

Yes I used Audacity to record the voices, my originals were wav recordings at 16-bit, its when they are exported to mp3 that the bit changed to 32.
It does the same with the program that you recommended, which is really cool by the way, made the mp3 files very quickly.
But after its made if you drop it back into the audacity window it shows it as being 32-bit. I recorded them in mono.
One more thing: if you use Audacity to change them to mp3 the Hz changes to 16000Hz. The program you recommended does keep the Hz at 44100Hz.

I am going to go ahead and attach the plug-in anyway as I hate to keep you waiting. Please let me know what you think. I haven't tested it in game yet. I will continue working on the voice files. I could ask some of my female friends and family to record some if that would help.

I am also going to include the mp3 files from the mp3 encoder.
03-01-2009, 10:00 AM,

Great news! I've not had time to check this in-game myself but this is excellent progress. This means Steadhelm only needs two more interiors before it's done..... :bananarock:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-01-2009, 12:34 PM,

Thanks, I'll reply asap. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-01-2009, 07:44 PM,

It looks very nice! Smile

I'll post my review tomorrow.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM,

Abbreviations

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette (chairs etc.) / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust / Disp. = Disposition

General info.

Miscellaneous.
[blockquote]
Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA.

Furniture is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

Keep in mind that smaller objects near larger objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it's more realistic because of the fire damage.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

If the PG between e.g. the basement and the house is interrupted (both in the same cell) you'll have to use a subspace (miscellaneous>>Subspace).
[/blockquote]

Improving your interior.
[blockquote]
Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels (or cups etc.), in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better (also with the lighting).

It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC. It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.[/blockquote]

blue[/HR]

Review.

The Ground-floor.

Please change the rotation of the bread (all of them) behind Ineona.
The same applies to the barrels, redware plates and bowls (closet).

The First floor.

StFurnDunPoorTable02 (near the fireplace) is floating because of the rug.

Add some clutter to the area above the entrance (S).

Lock the chest with the gold.

Pathgrid.

Make sure the th's touch the door markers and the sh's of the furniture.
Remove the th from the stairs.

This th is correctly placed.
This th is bleeding into the furniture.

Don't place a th on the stairs (the NPC will stand still for a long time).

Place the NPC('s) on a th.

NPC.

Add a fooditem count "-1" to the inventory of the NPC.

Silgrad Tower has it's own generic dialogue system hence every NPC has to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors.

It's now possible to create evil NPC's as well. ST NPC's have to be a member of the StSrGenDialsForSTInnocent faction or another non-evil faction, if not the NPC will be considered as evil.

So add both the factions or create a new faction for your house.

Why are your NPC's essential?
Usually it's reserved for quests, killing the NPC could break the quest.

Ineona's class should be changed to "MerchTrader" because the dialogue for a publican sounds strange in a bakery.

AI.

If the NPC has armor and/or a weapon in the inventory:

Sleep packages : Check weapons and armor unequipped.
Eat packages (using a chair): Check weapons unequipped.
NPC using a chair e.g. reading: Check weapons unequipped.
Please recheck the flags.

StRmIneonaOmorenSunMornChurch pack change the duration to e.g. 4 otherwise the packs on Sunday can't be executed. Change the duration of "StRmLucanVaroSunMornChurch" pack as well.

You gave the house a Ref Editor ID: StRmIneonaOmorenSitChairRef.
Just select a chair for "StRmIneonaOmorenSunAftnnRead14x4" pack.

Customize the Agression, Confidence, Energy level, Responsibility and personality. Be careful with the aggression value. You could increase the "energy" values.

Dialogue.

Set the priority to 6 (fixed).

Change the topic text for the "StRmIneonaTopic" topic.

For the INFOGENERAL topic.
Please use the "GetInCell" function and select the "Steadhelm" cell. This restricts the rumor to Steadhelm.

Info's are displayed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).
The crime warnings can't be displayed (e.g. You shouldn't be here, the bakery is closed.) because the other topics have a higher priority. The "GetSecondsPassed" function doesn't work like you intended.

The simplest solution is to attach a script to the quest (attached esp).
Code:
scn StSrSteadhelm54Crime

short Steadhelm54Crime

begin GameMode

if StRmIneonaOmorenRef.GetIsCurrentPackage StRmIneonaOmorenWeekServicesEditorLoc8x10LockAtEnd == 1
    set Steadhelm54Crime to 0
endif

If Player.GetIncell Steadhelm54 && StRmIneonaOmorenRef.GetIsCurrentPackage StRmIneonaOmorenWeekServicesEditorLoc8x10LockAtEnd == 0 && Steadhelm54Crime == 0
    set Steadhelm54Crime to 1
endif

end

The crime info's are updated through the result scripts e.g. (set StRmSteadhelmBakeryDial.Steadhelm54Crime to 2). I added a GetQuestVaribale condition to the infos to ensure a correct display.

I play-tested the esp and it worked fine.

If you don't like the result, change it to your liking.

General Remarks.

As this is your first reviewed interior, I listed everything I saw, in order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior.

If you see an existing cell, in this case Steadhelm54, please don't rename/change the ID.

Ownership of the cell
Assigning a faction to a house with two NPC's is always a good idea because the NPC's both own the content of the house. If you don't assign ownership of the house through a faction, you have to assign ownership to the furniture/books used by the NPC not owning the house (to avoid strange AI behavior). Ineona owns the cell hence the bed, so you don't have to assign ownership to the bed. You could create a faction for both the NPC's.

Ref. editor ID's are a good idea to label e.g. chairs outside your own claim.
Within the Steadhelm54 cell it's not required except for Ineona (script).

Replace the fires with an "activatorflamenode04" etc. it's more realistic because of the fire damage.

Reduce the lighting it's too bright.

Add more clutter like shoes, clothes and one more rug.

Please use the attached esp to continue with your modding (cleaned).

Last but not least nice modding! :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-03-2009, 02:31 AM,

Thank you. I will correct these issues. Sorry so many. :bash:

What about the voices? Did anyone listen to them? Were they way too hillbilly-ish? Should I not try to make anymore? I will fully understand if this is how you feel.
03-03-2009, 01:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by trebor197676
Thank you. I will correct these issues. Sorry so many. :bash:

What about the voices? Did anyone listen to them? Were they way too hillbilly-ish? Should I not try to make anymore? I will fully understand if this is how you feel.

I didn't know you had included voices. I got curious, so I checked it out Smile First I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any .lip files. Without those, NPCs won't move their lips when they talk. Did you use the v1.2 of the Construction Set to record them? Because that version can't actually create the necessary .lip files. I suggest you download v1.0 and only use it when you want to record voices. As someone explained to me when I ran into the same problem, just rename the CS executable to something else (like ConstructionSet1.0.exe for instance) and then you can run both versions on the same system without problems. Also I seem to recall that our voice guy Steve prefer that submitted voices are in their original wav format so he can convert them to be consistent with the other voice work =)

Personally I liked the voices a lot, and given that Oblivion characters do have a distinctly American accent I don't think your accents break immersion. My only critisizm is that some of the dialogue lines have 'muffling' in them, caused by the speaker's mouth being too close to the microphone so that the gusts of wind that slip out when talking gets recorded. I've done a bit of voice work, purely for fun, and at least with my microphone I noticed it recorded my voice quite well even though it was two or three feet away from me.

I was thinking of these lines:
ineonahellohowareyou.wav.mp3
ineonarumor.wav.mp3
ineonawhoichoose.wav.mp3
lucanguardsguardscomequickhelp.wav.mp3
lucanhellogoodtoseeu.wav.mp3
lucanidontcarewhatpeoplesay.wav.mp3
lucanimsorryfriend.wav.mp3
lucanwhatareudoinghere.wav.mp3

(Again these are all just my personal opinions)

On a somewhat unrelated matter I would suggest that you specify your gender in your profile otherwise you won't be able to rise to the higher forum ranks, since they are all gender-specific (king/queen etc). Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-03-2009, 11:44 PM,

Yes, I know about the lip files and the different versions of the CS. The mod wasn't complete. I uploaded it so everyone could see the direction I was headed in.

I was not at all close to finished with the voices. As this was my first time making any, it was taking me a little while. And I didn't want to continue with them if they were unwanted.
I got the directions online at the Elder Scrolls forum, and Steve sent me a mp3 encoding program which is what the files I sent in with the plug-in came from. I didn't include the lip files since I was trying to conserve space on the download and wasn't sure how much room they would take up.

The original wav files were too big to send and there is a 500kb upload limit.

Thank you for the advice about the mic being too close. It was. I will definitely keep that in mind from now on.

I updated my profile.
03-04-2009, 12:08 AM,

I haven't heard the voices either but the 'too-close-mic' issue was mentioned and I wondered if my VA tips might help in any other areas: [Tutorial] Voice Acting Tutorials . I'm a little sceptical of American voices filling in for British accents tbh but if RW is okay with the voices then they must be good =). I just have nightmares about certain episodes of Frasier (a show I normally love) which featured loads of actors making a completely and totally embarrassing mess of any English accent that they tried.....it made me think that it was a general lack of being able to imitate the sounds for all Americans.....not so, of course.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-04-2009, 01:57 AM,

How do I use the sub space exactly? Do I need one to make the Npc go up the stairs? Or can I just put path nodes on the platforms in between steps?